Vfr: Giro D'italia 2015

Team Riders    Team Strength    Team Size    Stage Winner   

great uncle bulgaria
    Aru || Uran || Matthews || Hesjedal || Zakarin || Hofland || Porte || Contador
    Giacomo Nizzolo

Bigfoot
    Intxausti || Aru || Chavanel || Greipel || Hesjedal || Porte || Contador || Nizzolo
    Giacomo Nizzolo

gydey
    Pozzovivo || Aru || Uran || Van Den Broeck || Matthews || Konig || Contador || Kreuziger 1
    Elia Viviani

Claude
    Pozzovivo || Aru || Uran || Van Den Broeck || Esteban Chaves || Hesjedal || Porte || Contador
    Sacha Modolo

scatter
    Pozzovivo || Aru || Landa || Uran || Van Den Broeck || Zakarin || Porte || Contador
    Sacha Modolo

Richie_D
    Aru || Modolo || Greipel || Matthews || Zakarin || Porte || Contador || Nizzolo
    Elia Viviani

Kev
    Pozzovivo || Betancur || Aru || Uran || Hesjedal || Porte || Contador || Rogers
    Giacomo Nizzolo

Derryn Hinch
    Aru || Darwin Atapuma || Uran || Ulissi || Matthews || Zakarin || Porte || Contador
    Ivan Basso

numbnuts
    Jose Lobato || Pozzovivo || Aru || Uran || Modolo || Zakarin || Porte || Contador
    Luka Mezgec

Rik
    Pozzovivo || Uran || Boonen || Matthews || Hesjedal || Porte || Konig || Contador
    Richie Porte

Spanky Spangler
    Pozzovivo || Aru || Uran || Greipel || Matthews || Esteban Chaves || Zakarin || Contador
    Sacha Modolo

Tugboat
    Pozzovivo || Aru || Pirazzi || Uran || Esteban Chaves || Zakarin || Porte || Contador
    Elia Viviani

vfr
    Intxausti || Izagirre || Formolo || Konig || Nieve || Contador || Nizzolo || Felline
    Domenico Pozzovivo

wolffman1
    Jose Lobato || Pozzovivo || Uran || Van Den Broeck || Matthews || Hofland || Porte || Contador
    Moreno Hofland

noel_whiteside
    Pozzovivo || Leon Sanchez || Uran || Greipel || Porte || Contador || Rogers || Nizzolo
    Alberto Contador

Zoom
    Leon Sanchez || Chavanel || Pineau || Van Den Broeck || Cunego || Gerrans || Hesjedal || Konig

Total    16    16    16           

Total responses : 16
Re: Vfr: Giro D'italia 2015

Postby Bigfoot on Mon 1/Jun/15 2:10pm

I am still shocked that I did so well - I don't think I have ever places in the top half of one of these things... my strategy of getting as close as possible to 8000 was a crap shoot :lol:
Bigfoot
"We are the Village Green Preservation Society"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby gydey on Mon 1/Jun/15 3:52pm

Big congrats to GUB..I hand the pink jersey over to you for the year. Thanks to all the other players and VFR for creating a fun game. Ive never seen such a weird tour as most of us were relying on only 4 riders for points in the end...all good fun
gydey
Member for: 9 years 10 months

Postby Tugboat on Mon 1/Jun/15 5:57pm

Phew... I just managed to beat the vorb monkey. That's a moral victory of sorts. :paranoid:
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"
Member for: 11 years 6 months

Postby Claude on Mon 1/Jun/15 7:03pm

Well done old Womble, and thanks to everyone for the good game. Like AC we have a month or so off before the Tour. Bring it on.
Claude
Member for: 8 years 6 months

Postby great uncle bulgaria on Mon 1/Jun/15 10:05pm

the joys of forgetting how good pozzovivo is . . :paranoid:
great uncle bulgaria
""misunderstood and persecuted""
Member for: 6 years 11 months

Postby Rik on Tue 2/Jun/15 7:33pm

Again I win the prize for picking the team most likely to DNF :D
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby wolffman1 on Wed 10/Jun/15 10:43am

Damning opinion from inside the peleton. I'm sure our own Giro competition was much more above board...

http://cyclingtips.com.au/2015/06/the-s ... t-despair/
wolffman1
"Maaangooo"
Member for: 9 years 1 month

Postby mfw on Wed 10/Jun/15 2:07pm

wolffman1 wrote:Damning opinion from inside the peleton. I'm sure our own Giro competition was much more above board...

http://cyclingtips.com.au/2015/06/the-s ... t-despair/

This saddens me :(
mfw
User avatarMedal
Member for: 9 years 11 months

Postby scatter on Wed 10/Jun/15 2:13pm

The sport doesn't get cleaner, the drug cheats just get smarter eh?
scatter
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby great uncle bulgaria on Wed 10/Jun/15 10:28pm

I reckon its cleaner. but not clean per se. probably no dirtier than most other professinal sports :(
great uncle bulgaria

Postby gydey on Thu 11/Jun/15 11:39am

I wish I shared your opinion re dope GUB..sadly I dont..nor do I believe we are no worse than any other professional sport. I think we are worse..and no more so after watching an Italian rider in the last few mountain stages change from a rider on the absolute rivet and getting hammered to a rider who simply decimated the opposition. This is not normal that a rider gets better as the tour goes on..maybe some dont lose as much form through fatigue as others..but they certainly dont have a massive transformation of form after 17 days of hard yakka. One only has to think back at a particular Phonak rider in Le Tour who was smashed one day..the next day he killed the field...and then lost the tour through taking drugs. Mr Henderson got in trouble pre Giro saying things about this rider..and bugger me after watching the last few stages of the Giro..Id say he was most likely correct in his assumptions. It really looked like a bag to me..but hey..I was just watching on TV
gydey
Member for: 9 years 10 months

Postby great uncle bulgaria on Thu 11/Jun/15 3:36pm

gydey wrote:I wish I shared your opinion re dope GUB..sadly I dont..nor do I believe we are no worse than any other professional sport. I think we are worse..and no more so after watching an Italian rider in the last few mountain stages change from a rider on the absolute rivet and getting hammered to a rider who simply decimated the opposition. This is not normal that a rider gets better as the tour goes on..maybe some dont lose as much form through fatigue as others..but they certainly dont have a massive transformation of form after 17 days of hard yakka. One only has to think back at a particular Phonak rider in Le Tour who was smashed one day..the next day he killed the field...and then lost the tour through taking drugs. Mr Henderson got in trouble pre Giro saying things about this rider..and bugger me after watching the last few stages of the Giro..Id say he was most likely correct in his assumptions. It really looked like a bag to me..but hey..I was just watching on TV

You wont find me arguing with that Gydey.
But overall I think there are probably less riders doping and less dope being used . . . . . . . maybe :paranoid:
great uncle bulgaria

Postby Claude on Sat 13/Jun/15 7:19pm

Ain't micro-doping the in thing now? Harder to detect. No accusations, but perhaps.....

Actually, I'll come clean and admit that my late run towards the line may have been influenced by some "substances". I think a couple of my stage picks were made under the influence of some processed grapes :p .
Claude
Member for: 8 years 6 months

Postby happybaboon on Sun 14/Jun/15 12:36am

The punishment for which shall be the ceremonial removal of your grapes.
Bring forth the chef's knife!
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Cycling | Vorb Fantasy Racing - Latest Posts