Calendar Event: August 17, 2014

Re: Velo Espresso Fog City Cyclocross Series, Race 3, Hamilton

Postby Mel on Sat 16/Aug/14 9:26pm

Danny B wrote:
Mel wrote:How's the foot DannyB?

Weather is looking amazing. Might be a bit chilly, so maybe we'll even get some fog!!

Foots resting up nicely thanks Mel. Still won't be able to make it this time but will be thinking of you all - will be there in spirit - heckling as loudly as I can! ...and I hope you're racing this time too!

Good to hear your foot hasn't dropped off! Yes, I'll be racing... um, well... making up the numbers this time. Weather looks to be beaut! :thumbsup:
Mel
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby nagem on Sun 17/Aug/14 8:09am

There's fog!!!!
nagem
"Some days gnawing through the leather straps just doesn't seem worthwhile."
Member for: 8 years 8 months

Postby Mel on Mon 18/Aug/14 1:16pm

Yes, there was fog! It burnt off pretty quick though and we were left to suffer through a stunning Waikato winter's day. It was actually hot!

The race course was typically brutal, with a good mix of high speed sections and some longer climbs. There was fun to be had with the Spiral of Doom, hopping over (or through) the barriers, and some excellent spectator "encouragement". Thanks to the crew, volunteers and supporters - particularly the Healey Timing Team, everyone who helped with course setup and teardown, the photographers and everyone who stayed around to help pack down at the end. Thanks also to the Wings Team from Red Bull NZ who came out to give us some wings again - we all needed it!

Thanks to our sponsors Good George great prize giving locaton, Velo Espresso, Fog City Cyclocross and Insight Engine, Solo race-bred cyclewear, NZ Road Cyclist magazine, NZMTBR magazine, La Roma Coffee.

Results are up on webscorer: http://www.webscorer.com/race?raceid=26804

Photos are up on Fog City Cyclocross: www.facebook.com/FogCityCyclocross/phot ... tab=photos

Next up is NDuro-X in Rotorua on Sunday 24 August, a rumoured Auckland Urban CX on 7 September and then our own series final and National Championships final race at Home of Cycling Avantidrome in Cambridge on 14 September. Look forward to seeing you at the races!
Mel
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby Datsane on Mon 18/Aug/14 9:23pm

Spiral of DOOM.
Muwahahahahaha
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Postby slidecontrol on Mon 18/Aug/14 9:26pm

slidecontrol
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Postby Datsane on Mon 18/Aug/14 9:44pm

:lol:
Not quite but I'm sure thats how I come across to people.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Clubs | Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Cyclocross | Events | Hamilton | Hamilton MTB Club | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Road Cycling | Road Racing | Upper North Island | Waikato - Latest Posts