Use Of 1080 In New Zealand

Postby charliehopkins on Thu 27/Aug/09 7:29pm

For those of you who love the outdoors and the natural environment this is an extremely important topic that needs to be addressed before it is too late.

Many do not know about the very serious and damaging effects of the use of 1080 poison in New Zealand. For those of you who know very little of the topic i strongly recommend viewing the film Poisoning Paradise by the Graf brothers, New Zealand Hunting legends. They very clearly show the effects of 1080 in New Zealand and how DOC is covering this up. This film is a must see in need to know why Chris Short is giving his life on Mt Tongariro this week. For those of you that think he is crazy, stupid or both it is very understandable considering what is happening to country. This will make more sence if you watch the film and attend the evening viewings of the film at which the Graf brothers are attending, nation wide.

Please we need support on this topic. Contact the media asking about screenings of the film and spread the word to all those who have a similar passion for the outdoors.
http://www.nzgeographic.co.nz/articles.php?ID=285
POISONING PARADISE[1].doc
This file is safe of viruses
Downloaded 30 times
Upper Hutt Wgtn PP flier (1)[1].pdf
This file is safe of viruses
Downloaded 32 times
Last edited by charliehopkins on Thu 27/Aug/09 7:48pm, edited 1 time in total.
charliehopkins
Member for: 10 years 0 months

Re: Use Of 1080 In New Zealand

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Thu 27/Aug/09 7:39pm

What is it with the anti-1080 kooks and the connection with hunting anyway?
E Dogg Capizzle
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby neels on Thu 27/Aug/09 7:50pm

They want to kill animals, and get pissed off if somebody beats them to it.
neels
"I've got opinions, that don't make any sense"
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Postby charliehopkins on Thu 27/Aug/09 7:52pm

E Dogg Capizzle wrote:What is it with the anti-1080 kooks and the connection with hunting anyway?

Keen hunterm myself and i love deer. I see no problem with deer and pigs in the NZ bush though 1080 is killing theses animals, reducing the populations for hunters to enjoy as a sport.

it would be like DOC goign around smashing all the Huts and mountain bike tracks around the country then asking why all the trampers and bikers are angry. it's taking away the sport and killing animals very painfully and inhumanely
charliehopkins

Postby charliehopkins on Thu 27/Aug/09 7:54pm

neels wrote:They want to kill animals, and get pissed off if somebody beats them to it.

this is completely worng. we do not hunt to for the sadistic fun of killing animals it is a real skill to be able to survive in the bush. something many do not have and will never undderstand becasue they will never have the chance as DOC is killing the native Flora and Forna at a steady rate. it is not just to kill animals and atleast we are humane about it have you seen how 1080 kills animals
charliehopkins

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Thu 27/Aug/09 7:56pm

charliehopkins wrote:
Keen hunterm myself and i love deer. I see no problem with deer and pigs in the NZ bush though 1080 is killing theses animals, reducing the populations for hunters to enjoy as a sport.

Arrr, so the issue really is as selfishly motivated as I suspected. I think conservation areas would be better off without deer and pigs too. :)
E Dogg Capizzle

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Thu 27/Aug/09 7:58pm

charliehopkins wrote:it is not just to kill animals and atleast we are humane about it

Yeah, pig hunting is real humane. :lol:
E Dogg Capizzle

Postby neels on Thu 27/Aug/09 7:59pm

E Dogg Capizzle wrote:
charliehopkins wrote:it is not just to kill animals and atleast we are humane about it

And gut shot deer look really cheery as they disappear over a ridge never to be seen again.
neels
"I've got opinions, that don't make any sense"
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Postby charliehopkins on Thu 27/Aug/09 8:03pm

E Dogg Capizzle wrote:

i was asked about the realtionship between deer adn 1080 adn yes the deer hunting is very human. the bullet travels at 2500m/s so the bullet is through all the deers internal organs before you hear the bang.

i do not pig hunt

i was not talking about pig hunting. it was deer

end
charliehopkins

Postby charliehopkins on Thu 27/Aug/09 8:08pm

E Dogg Capizzle wrote:
charliehopkins wrote:

Arrr, so the issue really is as selfishly motivated as I suspected. I think conservation areas would be better off without deer and pigs too. :)

my lovefor the bush and greater outdoors is not a selfish interest. if i was only in this for me i would be out hunin ride now shooting 'poor inocent deer' and doing 1080 on my farm and rapping the sea beds while im here. but no again you rae wrong i am only doing this because i love the bush so much that i will do anything to protect it from harmful unneccessary things such as 1080 i'm not doing this for me at all. im doing it for the forest and animals who dont get a say about their life to greedy polititions. this is for the bush
charliehopkins

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Thu 27/Aug/09 8:09pm

charliehopkins wrote:i was not talking about pig hunting.

charliehopkins wrote:I see no problem with deer and pigs in the NZ bush though 1080 is killing theses animals, reducing the populations for hunters to enjoy as a sport.

:eh:

Personally, I think hunting for sport should be banned. :)
E Dogg Capizzle

Postby charliehopkins on Thu 27/Aug/09 8:11pm

neels wrote:
E Dogg Capizzle wrote:

And gut shot deer look really cheery as they disappear over a ridge never to be seen again.

and if you are useless enough to gut shoot a deer you deserve to be shot your self. i have shot many deer and all have been neck adn front sholder shots.

by internal organs i ment heart. lungs etc that kill the deer instantly not the stomache and intestines.

this is getting pathetic. rather than state valid facts that we can have a serious mature conversation about you are pickign silly little holes in my posts.
charliehopkins

Postby Oli on Thu 27/Aug/09 8:13pm

I like heading into the bush every now and then. :thumbsup:
Oli
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby charliehopkins on Thu 27/Aug/09 8:14pm

E Dogg Capizzle wrote:
charliehopkins wrote:i was not talking about pig hunting.

charliehopkins wrote:I see no problem with deer and pigs in the NZ bush though 1080 is killing theses animals, reducing the populations for hunters to enjoy as a sport.

:eh:

Personally, I think hunting for sport should be banned. :)

this is so pathetic and weak
rather than talkng about 1080 you are trying to get to me by saying hunting should be banned. pure reaction seeking. well my said foe you probably play your xbox 360 or ps3 getting many health problems and compalinging about the world but if you really got a life and got outside, you know that place where you can see the sun and earth, you might too one day share my love for the outdoors adn want to preserve it and actually get a life rther than just trying to annoy me with lame comments like this
charliehopkins

Postby charliehopkins on Thu 27/Aug/09 8:15pm

Oli wrote:I like heading into the bush every now and then. :thumbsup:

thank you it is a truely amazing past time
charliehopkins

Local Politics | Politics | Sifting - Latest Posts