Member for: 11 years 6 months

Re: British Mini's Are The Best!!!!1

Postby Colin on Thu 4/Feb/10 12:00am

Yup
Colin
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby Spyder on Thu 4/Feb/10 7:48am

Commodore fans shouldn't be popping their champagne corks just yet.. Your next car's a Daewoo :D http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor-news/enemy-within-stalks-commodore-20100125-mt3a.html
Spyder
"A little inaccuracy sometimes saves a ton of explanation."
Member for: 10 years 11 months

Postby cooper770 on Thu 4/Feb/10 8:20am

banga wrote:This would be sweet, a bit of a sleeper. Although you would want there to be some serious suspension/brake upgrades!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 218041.htm

Ok , I know Dunted and Wibbler will get their knickers in a knot over this but, I know Mike and have seen this car running. Its really well built and does go like a cut cat, although, I've never seen a cut cat go. Sorry though Dunted, he's not famous, nor even a racing personality, he's just a local guy in the local car club scene... Surprised he hasn't certed it as it would sail through as the brakes and suspension are all rebuilt and more than up to the job, and there has been nothing done to the vehicle that would require more than a simple certification. It won't need to go through the LTSA re-vin process. He may be holding off to allow the new owner to maybe change the brakes/suspension etc which would of course require re certification. No point letting the system double dip.
cooper770
"Enjoy the sandpit Kids, some of us have left Kindy."
Member for: 8 years 0 months

Postby cooper770 on Thu 4/Feb/10 8:26am

ratrod wrote:
MattV wrote::huh:

Oh and re cooper, I'm so out of the loop....

No need to be....simple really. Dunted has an issue, god knows why, but its his issue. he likes to drag it out and air it in public, there by showing the world of vorb, what many have already told me, that he's got the odd screw loose. This weeks issue was an irrational verbal attack against me. and in the spirit of the moment I joined it to give him goobldy gook shite back. Issue over and now we can all move on. I'm not bothered and no need for anyone else to be, he's seemingly moved on but I'm sure he will find some simple remark made by another, or even myself, to take to heart and make himself a dick over. As history suggest that it his S.O.P
cooper770

Postby Fraser on Thu 4/Feb/10 10:05am

So this means you will do the same. ;)
Fraser
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby FeHT on Thu 4/Feb/10 10:09am

Name dropping - maybe a little bad, but meh

Name calling - infantile
FeHT
Member for: 9 years 7 months

Postby Fraser on Thu 4/Feb/10 10:21am

ratrod wrote:
MattV wrote::huh:

I'd love to see how that's supposed to be driven.

It is street legal. I saw that at a car show in Sweden. The buldge in front of the engine is a motorbike fuel tank as the space for the pedals was restricted. The bloke laid in it like a F1 car
Fraser
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby cooper770 on Thu 4/Feb/10 10:31am

FeHT wrote:Name dropping - maybe a little bad, but meh

Name calling - infantile

Name dropping or qualifying a base of experience... after all if you were talking films and said you were a personal friend of Peter Jackson and had worked with him that establishes a back ground of knowledge? And my back ground is in owning, racing, restoring and being involved in the original Mini Cooper and its brand, including a close family association between my father and John Cooper which I have been involved with. If that's a crime them I'm guilty.

But like I have said , here and over there, I did not start this attack, I have in large ignored the remarks. It was only yesterdays remarks which , frankly, pissed me off so I dished some out back. The incident is history and now closed. Any further comments on the subject will be ignored and any further comments from the instigator will be actioned on advise from the moderators of this forum.
cooper770

Postby scatter on Thu 4/Feb/10 10:45am

As the size of this thread prohibits the splitting off of the rubbish being spouted here, it will now be locked.

Please start a new one if you still wish to discuss Unusual Cars :)

New thread here =} unusual-cars-mkii-gti-t104292.html
scatter
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Cars | Motoring | Sifting - Latest Posts