Universities- Where Should I Go??

Postby purple_monkey_yellow_cat on Wed 31/Oct/07 6:37pm

I have recently been given a scholarship to palmerston north uni, but am not to sure if I should go or stay here in auckland? the scholarship only covers fees which will leave me with about $10000 to pay for hostel etc. but from a cycling and training point of view do u think making the move is wise or stay put in the area i am familiar with and am also pretty happy with!
purple_monkey_yellow_cat
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby dh_winner on Wed 31/Oct/07 6:40pm

what sort of riding do you do and what sort of degree do you want to do?
dh_winner
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby pushbikerider on Wed 31/Oct/07 6:41pm

You can live in Plamy very cheap, but living in Plamy might not be waht you want to do, are you into to road or MTB? there is a very strong road scene here in plamy, some good bunch rides, but the MTB is developing, but we definatly don't have a strong local scene, especially if DH and FR is your thing

tell us a bit more about your riding
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 16 years 2 months

Postby musket on Wed 31/Oct/07 6:50pm

Are you living at home in Auckland?

Would you continue to?

What are you wanting to study?

(as per PBR) Riding?

Other interests?

Fill in the blanks, and we'll have a beter idea of what might suit you...
musket
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby purple_monkey_yellow_cat on Wed 31/Oct/07 7:03pm

ok, im a roadie, and do a little mtb for cross training, im living at home in auckland so no living costs if i stay at home, and i will be doing some sort of business degree, moving towards accounting and finance.
purple_monkey_yellow_cat
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby ratrod on Wed 31/Oct/07 7:19pm

I'd go to the uni that has the best reputation for a business degree. But in saying that you learn a heck of a lot by going to a uni away from home, both in social development and budgeting, and the latter is pretty important for your chosen studies.
ratrod
Member for: 11 years 3 months

Postby musket on Wed 31/Oct/07 7:23pm

I suppose you need to decide what you're looking for? A new experience/ friends etc, or just to get your degree out of the way with minimum fuss and cost.

If you were looking to be really competitive on the road staying at home seems the sensible option...
musket
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Sifting - Latest Posts