Umm Visiting Nz...little Help Please

Postby erog125 on Tue 20/Sep/05 6:48am

So I am flying into Queenstown on Oct.2 and I want to get in a few rides. Can anyone tell me what a good place to rent is? I like technical downhill, jumps, drops and all that good stuff. What are some good trails I should try? Also if there is anything else way cool I should do let me know. I am already planning on the bungee jumping. I'm so excited yayyyyy! Thanks in advance.
erog125
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Postby Tama on Tue 20/Sep/05 6:51am

How long are you in the country for? And are you planning on staying in Queenstown the entire time?

While there are some good trails in Queenstown, and it's the home of the "Dreamtrack" area the selection is quite limited compared to Wanaka - which has the advantage of being cheaper, close by (and having a nicer feel in my opinion.)
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 16 years 10 months

Postby mtbrat on Tue 20/Sep/05 8:46am

gudday and welcome

I am sure where-ever you go you can hook up with the Vorbii

If you come to Chch --> hook up with the local Mafia
mtbrat
"HUUUGE Tracts of land"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby erog125 on Tue 20/Sep/05 11:18am

Tama wrote:How long are you in the country for? And are you planning on staying in Queenstown the entire time?

While there are some good trails in Queenstown, and it's the home of the "Dreamtrack" area the selection is quite limited compared to Wanaka - which has the advantage of being cheaper, close by (and having a nicer feel in my opinion.)

I'll be in country for 12 days. I don't plan on staying in just queenstown. I know I want to do some backpacking and figured I would just try winging it for everything else...so basically I don't have any plans except to have fun.

Wanka is close by? What is the "Dreamtrack"? Thanks
erog125

Postby fandangle on Tue 20/Sep/05 11:42am

well, i would show u around but i'm studying in dunedin at the moment. i'm not sure where is a good place to rent a bike, ask around, there's a few bike shops around, bike fix is the best!!! the skyline track is where da downhilling is all happening, it's a good place to start. i cant give u very good direction, so ur best bet is to go bike fix (or any other bike shops) n they'll b about to tell u all the tracks around... i have to agree with tama, i do like wanaka riding just a wee bit more than QT,
fandangle
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby Colin on Tue 20/Sep/05 11:42am

Tama showed a bunch of crazy Drop In people shooting video earleir this year. Try Clicking these ones

Dream Track
More
and this
Other stuff in Queenstown
Pictures

Enjoy your stay in Noo Zeelind

** Edit , there are also other Drop In threads and galleries for Wanaka. **
Colin
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Postby pissface on Tue 20/Sep/05 5:21pm

erog125 wrote:Wanka is close by?
i think in Queenstown you'll find a Wanka around every corner.
pissface
"Boneshaker"

Postby mtbrat on Tue 20/Sep/05 5:22pm

:lol: very good PF
mtbrat
"HUUUGE Tracts of land"

Postby Reuben on Tue 20/Sep/05 5:24pm

mtbrat wrote::lol: very good PF
and PO
Reuben
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Postby erog125 on Wed 21/Sep/05 3:22am

pissface wrote:
erog125 wrote:Wanka is close by?
i think in Queenstown you'll find a Wanka around every corner.

ha ha...yeah I haven't learned to read and wright to well so I am still having trouble with it. I meant Wanaka. :D
erog125

Postby Tama on Wed 21/Sep/05 6:40am

It's 54km from Queenstown to Wanaka - http://tinyurl.com/dte9l

Fly to Queenstown, do all the touristy stuff, then high tail it out of there for Wanaka to ride their sweet sweet trails.
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 16 years 10 months

New User Introductions | Vorb - Latest Posts