Re: Uci Finds Conceled Motor On Bike...

Postby slidecontrol on Mon 1/Feb/16 10:19pm

Claude wrote:If they have Tui beer in Belgium - "It wasn't my bike, yeah right!" :p

No tui in Belgium. They have good beer.
slidecontrol
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby znomit on Mon 1/Feb/16 11:13pm

slidecontrol wrote:
Claude wrote:If they have Tui beer in Belgium - "It wasn't my bike, yeah right!" :p

No tui in Belgium. They have good beer.

Tui is owned by the Dutch these days, who don't really appreciate the significance of Mangatainoka. :(

Back on topic, v2 will be remote controlled from an app.
znomit
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby Simonius_Titius on Tue 2/Feb/16 5:29am

nostromo wrote:
Rik wrote:You have to feel for the lady. How unlucky do you have to be, to have a friend who happens to be at the races, who has exactly the same bike, with exactly the same race number, who happens to takes it out for a spin before the race AND convinces the mechanic to clean it for them. :hmmm: Dang, use unlucky gurl.

Very unlucky to have the same saddle, seat height, stem length and rise, same handlebar tape.

That's not a problem if the mechanic knew someone else had ridden it. But why would her friend have a motor fitted to an expensive racing bike?
Simonius_Titius
"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off. - Gloria Steinem"
Member for: 8 years 0 months

Postby wolffman1 on Tue 2/Feb/16 8:19am

Confession time. It's actually my bike. I accidentally posted it to the world champs as an art installation which evokes the futility of sport in a post apocalyptic world where man has become replaced by machines.
If the uci could just pop it back in a box and delivery it back to me after they have finished reaming her a new one, I'd be much appreciative.
wolffman1
"Maaangooo"
Member for: 9 years 1 month

Postby Fraser on Tue 2/Feb/16 9:46am

You couldn't make this shit up could you?
I have read rumors about the electric motors hidden in the frames and you must have thought who could be dumb enough to put a large metal components inside a carbon frame. It would be like getting a bomb on a plane.

The excuses she gave reminded me of this..

Fraser
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby AgrAde on Tue 2/Feb/16 10:37am

Fraser wrote:You couldn't make this shit up could you?
I have read rumors about the electric motors hidden in the frames and you must have thought who could be dumb enough to put a large metal components inside a carbon frame. It would be like getting a bomb on a plane.

Probably much harder. The inspections will be carried out by competent individuals that know what they're looking for instead of braindead, clueless assholes that care only about taking away your water and throwing your clothes all over the floor at the airport.
AgrAde
Member for: 13 years 10 months

Postby Kev on Tue 2/Feb/16 10:38am

Fallout continues. Just in case you were thinking that the best way to conceal a motor would be to hide it during manufacture of the bike, Wilier Triestina want to make sure you know they are shocked! Shocked to find out that someone riding their bike was cheating.

Bike manufacturer says will sue Belgian rider over motor use

Managing director Andrea Gastaldello said he was "stunned" by the news that Femke Van den Driessche competed in the under-23 race over the weekend with a concealed motor in her Wilier Triestina bike.

"Our company will take legal action against the athlete and against any (person) responsible for this very serious matter to safeguard the reputation and image of the company," the executive wrote in a statement.
Kev
Member for: 8 years 1 month

Postby RJD on Tue 2/Feb/16 12:26pm

Well thats a business opportunity lost lol

"Ride like the pro's friends, ride easy with our new line of hidden motor bikes, now available in exactly the same pain job as the standard bikes"
RJD
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Postby R+P+K on Tue 2/Feb/16 12:29pm

Van den Driessche and her father deny any intent to cheat and say that the situation was a mix-up: A friend’s bike outfitted with a motor was mistakenly brought to the pits. Van den Driessche never rode the bike, which was confiscated from the pits after just one lap of the U23 women’s race in which van den Driessche competed.

Well, that's their version of it.

http://www.bicycling.com/bikes-gear/new ... oping-work
R+P+K
Member for: 7 years 11 months

Postby mudguard on Tue 2/Feb/16 8:24pm

I would think that the EWS would be perfect for this. Backpacks and all kinds of stuff taped to bikes. Save your legs on the transitions, and some extra help on pedally sections.
Where was this riding up Thundergoat in the Queenstown Super D when I needed it...
mudguard
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby nagem on Tue 2/Feb/16 8:47pm

*concealed
nagem
"Some days gnawing through the leather straps just doesn't seem worthwhile."
Member for: 8 years 7 months

Postby mudguard on Tue 2/Feb/16 9:43pm

nagem wrote:*concealed

Touche
mudguard
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby slidecontrol on Tue 2/Feb/16 10:45pm

Congealed
slidecontrol
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby dwgknz on Wed 3/Feb/16 11:18pm

I'm glad the owner of the bike has now been identified.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest-news/owner-of-electric-bike-seized-during-cyclocross-world-championships-comes-forward-209771

Now it'll only be a matter of days before receipts for sale of the bike, receipts for the installation of the motor and affidavits from witnesses who saw this guy riding his bike can be produced and we can put all of this mess behind us with a slap on the wrist punishment and you should be more careful next time.

Wonder who they'll roll out next, the mechanic who made the mistake....
dwgknz
Member for: 4 years 7 months

Postby Fraser on Thu 4/Feb/16 12:21am

But the investigation was compounded when a Belgian chip shop owner made a one-line public statement claiming he owned the bike that has been linked to European and Belgium U23 champion Femke Van den Driessche before her brother Niels said he owned it.
But there was help from the public to find her brother when news that a pet shop owner has come forward to claim that Van den Driessche’s brother Niels and father Peter stole two exotic birds from her shop and was arrested last year. These were not Norwegian Blue Parrots as some had hoped, but parakeets Image

Niels Van den Driessche is also currently serving a ban from cycling for doping - real doping not mechanical.
Fraser
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Cycling | Cyclocross | News - Latest Posts