Re: Tugboat Or Vfr For 2014 Tour De France Du Concours?

Postby great uncle bulgaria on Tue 17/Jun/14 10:10pm

suggestion: yellow gong for DF pink for Giro red for vuelta
(not that i'm obsessed with gongs or anything) :paranoid:
great uncle bulgaria
""misunderstood and persecuted""
Member for: 6 years 11 months

Postby Farm on Tue 17/Jun/14 10:14pm

great uncle bulgaria wrote:suggestion: yellow gong for DF pink for Giro red for vuelta

There's a thread specifically for that obsession now.
Farm
Member for: 11 years 5 months

Postby great uncle bulgaria on Tue 17/Jun/14 10:16pm

Farm wrote:
great uncle bulgaria wrote:suggestion: yellow gong for DF pink for Giro red for vuelta

:lol:
i'm sure there are thousands on the web
great uncle bulgaria

Postby Rik on Tue 17/Jun/14 10:42pm

great uncle bulgaria wrote:
Farm wrote:

:lol:
i'm sure there are thousands on the web

I'd suggest that if your gong is yellow you should visit onlinedoctor.com
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby Tugboat on Wed 18/Jun/14 9:24am

Right. Let's go with VFR this year and see how it goes. Kev is willing to do the work, and im a little reluctant given the workload of my dayjob at the moment so it kinda makes sense! That way I can get involved as a player and concentrate more on the smack talk without any of the pressure of running the thing!!
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"
Member for: 11 years 6 months

Postby Bigfoot on Wed 18/Jun/14 9:26am

I won't be in the field, so I will try to be more active than in the Giro. Bring on le tour! :)
Bigfoot
"We are the Village Green Preservation Society"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby Kev on Wed 18/Jun/14 12:16pm

Tugboat wrote:Right. Let's go with VFR this year and see how it goes.

Thanks, Tugboat, I'll be honoured to give it a go. The scripts that read the results and post the scores are working pretty well but the one area I could use some help with, from everyone, is the commentary. Comments about the latest scores, speculations about tomorrow's stage, or just general smack talk. All that stuff makes the game more fun.

Now to address mfw 's underlying concern. I'm still waiting a few days for procycling stats to fill out the start list a bit more before posting the Vorb Fantasy Racing thread and starting the rider selection process. Team's will be 9 riders (although short busing will be allowed) and the combined strength should be 10,000 or less. That should allow everyone to pick a ~2000 point leader, two ~1500 point lieutenants, four ~1000 point stage hunters and a couple of ~500 point domestiques.

The vorb monkey has also learned how to count so I'll have to make sure that the randomly selected team has a combined strength of at least 8000 or she'll get upset.
Kev
Member for: 8 years 1 month

Postby Oli on Wed 18/Jun/14 1:48pm

I'll say that as an outsider who hasn't partaken of the VFR yet the team roster updates kill any banter possibility - perhaps there needs to be a team update thread and a separate thread to talk about the riders and the race, etc.?
Oli
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby murphyflair on Thu 19/Jun/14 4:27pm

:withstupid:
murphyflair
User avatarMedal
Member for: 7 years 10 months

Postby Kev on Fri 20/Jun/14 5:13am

The team selections get locked down at the start of the race so, whilst there will be a lot of "I picked the following riders" posts over the next couple of weeks, they will stop when the race starts. We will still get the daily stage winner picks but I have included a large comment box this time to make it easier for people to add comments at the same time as they change their daily pick
Kev
Member for: 8 years 1 month

Postby great uncle bulgaria on Sun 22/Jun/14 6:31pm

Is there not the stage winner pick as there was for the giro?
great uncle bulgaria

Postby gydey on Tue 24/Jun/14 7:49am

As the recent Pink Jersey Directuer Sportiffe..I say bring it on..Im up for the double..my team has been training at altitude with Dr Ferarri, and Lance overseeing our project. We have been eating plenty of bad meat..and have our temporary TUEs ready to go. We are even prepared to give Andy Schleck a go....NOT!

Bring it on u soft peddallers :-)
gydey
Member for: 9 years 10 months

Postby Rik on Tue 24/Jun/14 8:53am

:D :lol: :D :lol:

My team has picked up a new trade sponsor: Swarovski! who together with the team have developed a range of new cut glass crank arms using the now derigueur 'Extremely Hollow' construction.
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby mfw on Tue 24/Jun/14 11:05am

Well if that's the case my team has been on a secret hill training camp in Jupiter - with gravity 2.5 times that on earth, and a distinct lack of oxygen :D :paranoid:
mfw
User avatarMedal
Member for: 9 years 11 months

Postby gydey on Tue 24/Jun/14 7:46pm

weve gone one step further...my team will all be riding recumbant bikes so none of you buggers can get any wind break..except Cav whos about 3 foot 6 tall..and we also have Cancellaras motorised bottom bracket. Weve been training on Uranus and theres plenty of pimples to overcome..let alone cope with the gassius atmosphere..albeit hypoxic, and toxic, and the only 2 people who can cope with irrespirable atmosphere are Rik and Vyvian from the Young Ones..RIP Rik :-(

Yip I know this is just silly..but Ive been called a fuckin sight worse than silly in the past .. :p
gydey
Member for: 9 years 10 months

Cycling | Road Cycling | Road Racing - Latest Posts