Re: Tsunami?

Postby Colin on Sun 28/Feb/10 12:13pm

dented wrote:Matua is protected, what about us over at the Mount? :cry:

Possibly bigger surges than those already seen man.

Better not to climb down off the dinning room table just yet.
Colin
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby swtchbckr on Sun 28/Feb/10 12:25pm

dented wrote:What are you, like 78 or something?

LOLZ only just noticed this... :lol: :lol:

you'd be surprised, Radio NZ is actually pretty fuckin' good. better than fucking talkback idiocy, or commercial filled dribble with crap music.
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby gibbo on Sun 28/Feb/10 12:33pm

swtchbckr wrote:
dented wrote:What are you, like 78 or something?

LOLZ only just noticed this... :lol: :lol:

you'd be surprised, Radio NZ is actually pretty fuckin' good. better than fucking talkback idiocy, or commercial filled dribble with crap music.

I thought he was referring to Mr_Bob living in Matua
gibbo
Member for: 9 years 9 months

Postby wuffy on Sun 28/Feb/10 2:35pm

Well, in Lyttelton Chch, the tide went down below 1m that its ever gone before and boats in the harbour hit the bottom, and the floating wharf hit the bottom too. And there were some river like currents flowing through the harbour. Soooooo weird.
wuffy
Member for: 8 years 6 months

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Sun 28/Feb/10 3:34pm

The North-Western motorway cycle path was blocked off by the Police :( . I asked them why and they said re the Tsunami (I knew nothing about it).

Had to ride the long way into town.

I thought – why not close the motorway as well as the cycleway – there is only like ½ m difference in the height of the two :rolleyes:

Poor Police – while they’re protecting everyone else they could get washed away.
FLATULENTFRIEND
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 9 years 1 month

Postby wuffy on Sun 28/Feb/10 6:10pm

FLATULENTFRIEND wrote:Poor Police – while they’re protecting everyone else they could get washed away.

Here's hoping :p .
wuffy
Member for: 8 years 6 months

Postby Owen on Sun 28/Feb/10 6:41pm

The NZ Trail Solutions boys, based just out of Coyhaique are fine, but were prepared with plenty of beers and some fishing gear should their accommodation have been decimated. Its a tough life they lead.
Owen
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Postby Ahad on Sun 28/Feb/10 11:44pm

Tides been going up and done like a yo yo all day. Low tide was at 10:47am and at 12:10 was still going down :crazy: Looked like you could nearly walk out to Quail Island from Charteris Bay. Kept looking off the deck and saw the water level suddenly rise and within a couple of minutes all the sand was covered. headed down to a local beach just up the road where you can see the beach from 20m up or so. Suddenly hear a rush of water and a boat in the bay suddenly turning around real fast on its moorings.And a couple minute later the water was over a metre higher. Saw these Kayakers over the other side really moving fast but then slowed as the water went around in a circle. At the mercy of the currents really. Went down to the beach at 8:20pm just looking around. Got up to leave about 8:30pm and couldn't believe how much the water had dropped.At least half a metre! I Could measure it by looking at the wooden boat ramps. Strange thing was unless I saw how much it dropped using the boat ramps as a guide(took a photo when Igot down at beach) I wouldn't have noticed it :crazy:
Ahad
Member for: 10 years 7 months

New Zealand | Regions | Sifting | Surf - Latest Posts