Re: Tricycle Restoration

Postby ceptor on Tue 1/Apr/14 2:59pm

Scatter, I've just noticed this thread while looking for information on the Loline trike.

I've got a "fix up" trike missing some bits. Are you able to tell me who made the disc brake (and serial number so I can start looking for one) and how it is activated? I can only see one hand brake cable for the front brake assuming it's all connected.
ceptor
Member for: 4 years 5 months

Postby scatter on Tue 1/Apr/14 5:52pm

Hi there,

The disk brake arrived as caliper and master cylinder only (hose was toast). It's packed away awaiting a rebuild. I have a friend who also has a Loline trike.....I'll ask him if he's got more info :)
scatter
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby ceptor on Tue 1/Apr/14 7:30pm

Thanks for that, I'll add some photos when it's back on wheels
ceptor

Postby ceptor on Wed 23/Jul/14 3:54pm

Finally I've got around to taking some photo's. the guards are there they just need a bit of panelbeating and warmer weather to paint.

5 speed set up.

Finally perseverance has paid off and I've managed to get the disc brake set-up (ex Trade Me) with the assistance of a guy I'm now deeply indebted to as he was shagged about by the shipping people. The paint work on this frame is in better condition than the above one, pity about the bent fork and 16" rear wheels.

Can't help this one, another member of the family in the background.

ceptor

Postby MuayThaiOnABike on Wed 23/Jul/14 5:20pm

Cool
I kinda wouldn't mind an old English racing trike. Maybe a Bob Jackson from the 70's
MuayThaiOnABike
Member for: 8 years 0 months

Postby ceptor on Fri 25/Jul/14 12:58pm

MuayThaiOnABike wrote:Cool
I kinda wouldn't mind an old English racing trike. Maybe a Bob Jackson from the 70's

I've been thinking could I graft the rear end to a Morrison pursuit?
ceptor

Bicycle Repair | Clubs | Cycling - Latest Posts