Postby Giantman on Mon 15/Sep/08 9:18pm

maybe saturday definatly sunday
Giantman
Member for: 14 years 0 months

Postby demo9 on Mon 15/Sep/08 9:21pm

yeah i would be keen ill txt you closer to the time?
demo9
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Postby ShoreBoy on Wed 17/Sep/08 9:53pm

We got the digger in today, it's all looking pretty good. Hopefully the bottom and top of the trail should meet up tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Just FYI for anyone that's going out there. There's a poisoning operation for possums in Riverhead Forest at the moment. One of the baits has been put right at the top of our track. It's easy to spot, a clear plastic container with 'TOXIC' written on it, and some cream coloured goo inside. Please don't touch it, and walk around it, 'cos it's CYANIDE PASTE, and horrible stuff.
ShoreBoy
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby PhilWalter on Thu 18/Sep/08 7:57am

ShoreBoy wrote: We got the digger in today, it's all looking pretty good. Hopefully the bottom and top of the trail should meet up tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Just FYI for anyone that's going out there. There's a poisoning operation for possums in Riverhead Forest at the moment. One of the baits has been put right at the top of our track. It's easy to spot, a clear plastic container with 'TOXIC' written on it, and some cream coloured goo inside. Please don't touch it, and walk around it, 'cos it's CYANIDE PASTE, and horrible stuff.

Good work !!

Shame they don't make the same stuff for gorse huh ;)
PhilWalter
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby ShoreBoy on Thu 18/Sep/08 8:12am

I reckon, I think we must have picked the gorsiest spot in the whole bloody forest!
ShoreBoy
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby briiii on Thu 18/Sep/08 9:24pm

the gorse in there is tame, up at stuck pig its like vines in the damn trees

its karl / giantman
briiii
"I'm a bikesexual"
Member for: 11 years 5 months

Postby Giantman on Thu 18/Sep/08 10:01pm

hey this sunday trail building at riverhead meet at barlow road gate at 9

cheers
Giantman

Postby demo9 on Fri 19/Sep/08 7:58am

ill most likely come along
see you then giantman
demo9

Postby Giantman on Fri 19/Sep/08 8:53am

demo9 wrote: ill most likely come along
see you then giantman

you hard enough to come with me at 630 haha
Giantman

Postby Ben_T on Fri 19/Sep/08 12:46pm

that track is soo cool, we went to have a look at it last weekend, il try and come on sunday!
Ben_T
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby demo9 on Fri 19/Sep/08 4:14pm

yeah ill come out at 630 haha txt me tonight
demo9

Postby Giantman on Fri 19/Sep/08 6:42pm

ill pick ya up then sweet demo 9
Giantman

Postby Giantman on Fri 19/Sep/08 6:43pm

Ben_T wrote: that track is soo cool, we went to have a look at it last weekend, il try and come on sunday!

you wana see it now, the top and bottom haha
Giantman

Postby AKDH on Fri 19/Sep/08 7:23pm

There will be a trail build out there this Sunday, I'll bring some refreshments and maybe the BBQ for club members.

The track is about 60m from being connected to the valley floor so we're pretty stoked. By the end of sunday it'll be possible to walk down to strip road. And hopefully rideable most of the way too.

Mainly need help to groom the track up a bit, remove gorse stumps and a bit of benching to be done.
I have a couple of spare tools but best bring your own and some thick gloves. Full leg coverage is advised as Gorse gets everywhere.
AKDH
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Postby Ben_T on Fri 19/Sep/08 8:17pm

ShoreBoy wrote: We got the digger in today, it's all looking pretty good. Hopefully the bottom and top of the trail should meet up tomorrow. :thumbsup:

far howd u get the digger through some of those g outs?? haha
your gunna keep all of the natural holes etc there ay?? thatd be sick!!
Ben_T
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Auckland Region | Clubs | Cycling | Downhill Racing | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Upper North Island | Victoria University MTB Club - Latest Posts