Re: Trailside Super Foods

Postby pushbikerider on Thu 2/Jul/15 8:32pm

Wobbler wrote:
pushbikerider wrote:Rather than Chorizo, I find that mild beir sticks are great to ride with. for longday / multiday / brevet type riding I have found that Ernest Adams fruit luncheon cake is a great food that is somewhat calorie dense and easy to eat. I also have a bag or 2 of lollies hidden away as well

As others have suggested raiding any local food source for tasty items generally works when you are in area's with services. I'm a fan of pies, all day breakfasts and fries with Aoli.

With regards to coffee, I tend to have a Jeds coffee bag or 2 with me, as its pretty easy to blag a cup of hot water most places

What brand of beir sticks are your jam? I've tried a few recently and they either are a pain to eat (so cheway) or give me bum wees

The Verkerks ones are my go too normally, or otherwise the hellers ones
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby Farm on Thu 2/Jul/15 8:33pm

DogsBollocks wrote:
Farm wrote:
DogsBollocks wrote:Steak and Oyster pies...

This is relevant to my interests...
Are they available anywhere else?

Mate, these things are the bees, the ducks and the dogs. The big deep dish suckers like a Pork Pie. Whenever I'm over there I bring a few back as they always have a cold stash about. I know there's a regular courier to Ch-Ch ....................................

I'm going to have to make my own.
Farm
Member for: 11 years 5 months

Postby Wobbler on Thu 2/Jul/15 8:46pm

pushbikerider wrote:
Wobbler wrote:
pushbikerider wrote:Rather than Chorizo, I find that mild beir sticks are great to ride with. for longday / multiday / brevet type riding I have found that Ernest Adams fruit luncheon cake is a great food that is somewhat calorie dense and easy to eat. I also have a bag or 2 of lollies hidden away as well

As others have suggested raiding any local food source for tasty items generally works when you are in area's with services. I'm a fan of pies, all day breakfasts and fries with Aoli.

With regards to coffee, I tend to have a Jeds coffee bag or 2 with me, as its pretty easy to blag a cup of hot water most places

What brand of beir sticks are your jam? I've tried a few recently and they either are a pain to eat (so cheway) or give me bum wees

The Verkerks ones are my go too normally, or otherwise the hellers ones

Roger, I'm not a big fan of the verkerks beir sticks taste wise, love their chorizo tho. The hellers spicy beir sticks give me an err reaction so I might try the milder ones.
Wobbler
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby el_booto on Thu 2/Jul/15 9:04pm

try the "fire in the hole" salami from cashmere deli, 20 clams for a full stick (about 1kg)
i get that or their venison one, and just cut 1/2" slices to take on a ride if i don't have any biersticks lurking in the fridge
el_booto
"Don't let anyone say "the world is your oyster" the world is not an oyster..."
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Postby Wobbler on Thu 2/Jul/15 9:18pm

That sounds awesome, will need to investigate :exclaim: . Wonder if I could hold a stick in a frame mounted pump holder thingy :paranoid: .
Wobbler
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby el_booto on Thu 2/Jul/15 9:32pm

bottle cage :paranoid:
el_booto
"Don't let anyone say "the world is your oyster" the world is not an oyster..."
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Cycling | Nutrition - Latest Posts