Calendar Event: March 22, 2007

Trailbuilding: Uni Games Xc Course, Halswell Quarry

Postby XCguy on Thu 15/Mar/07 9:34pm

The Uni Games XC is in Christchurch at Halswell Quarry/van Asch property on Wednesday 11 April. To get the track looking sweet, Dan (the land owner) and myself (course setter) have organised a couple of trail building sessions:

Thursday 22 March, and
Wednesday 28 March

We will be meeting at the top of Kennedy’s Bush Rd (near the top of the Crocodile Track) at 4:30pm and will be up there till about 6:30pm. We will have a few grubbers, spades etc and are keen for a few others to give us a hand. If you would like to come you are welcome to just turn up but it would also be good if you could call, txt or email me so I know if I need to arrange extra tools. Hope to see you there.

Craig, phone 980 9432, 027 3134 908, mtbrace[at]paradise.net.nz

Details about the event are on the Uni Games page of our website http://www.mountainbike.orcon.net.nz

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
XCguy
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby porschenut on Thu 15/Mar/07 9:36pm

I'll be there!!

On wednesday at least.

Cheers craig
porschenut
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Postby XCguy on Tue 20/Mar/07 8:01pm

Sweet :thumbsup:

Any takers for Thursday this week? Weather looks great for a bit of grubber swinging.
XCguy

Postby dh_winner on Tue 20/Mar/07 9:23pm

I would but im busy. i got some good trail building tools (axe, mattock, small coal shovel and spade) if you need some tho.
dh_winner
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Postby istepinyards on Tue 20/Mar/07 9:29pm

will try and get there mate
did you ride past sunday bottom of repeki
did u get the sleet
istepinyards
"I'm not arrogant, I am just better than you. That is a scientific fact."
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Postby XCguy on Tue 20/Mar/07 9:30pm

dh_winner wrote: I would but im busy. i got some good trail building tools (axe, mattock, small coal shovel and spade) if you need some tho.

Thanks, but we're sweet for tools ...we do lotsa trail building :)
XCguy

Postby XCguy on Tue 20/Mar/07 9:35pm

istepinyards wrote: will try and get there mate
did u get the sleet

Cool, hopefully we'll see you there :thumbsup:
Yep, that was me. I stopped at the top of Vic Park to take a heap of photos of the storm coming and then decided to cut my ride short and head home before it hit. Bombed down Vic Park and was cruising out Bowenvale when the hailstones hit. Man they hurt! By the time I got home 10 minutes later there was flooding everywhere. The intensity of that rain was amazing. I am assuming you were still out too when it hit?
XCguy

Postby porschenut on Tue 20/Mar/07 9:38pm

Its funny tho, when i rode home from Bike HQ at about 5 the roads were all dry! It cleared up so quick!
porschenut

Postby istepinyards on Wed 21/Mar/07 12:03pm

XCguy wrote:
istepinyards wrote: will try and get there mate
did u get the sleet

Cool, hopefully we'll see you there :thumbsup:
Yep, that was me. I stopped at the top of Vic Park to take a heap of photos of the storm coming and then decided to cut my ride short and head home before it hit. Bombed down Vic Park and was cruising out Bowenvale when the hailstones hit. Man they hurt! By the time I got home 10 minutes later there was flooding everywhere. The intensity of that rain was amazing. I am assuming you were still out too when it hit?

yeh me and danose got caught at the top of repeki
stupid us decided to go for it and proceeded up mt vernon when the hail hit and yep it hurt
by the time i got home i was purple and took 30 mins in the shower before i got color again hehe
the significant other couldnt believe i was out in it hehe oh well teach me for being under prepared :crazy:
istepinyards
"I'm not arrogant, I am just better than you. That is a scientific fact."
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Postby XCguy on Wed 28/Mar/07 12:30pm

Hey guys

As I said in the events forum, tonight's trail building is postponed due to the rain. Will update you later on the next planned dig date.
XCguy

Postby XCguy on Wed 28/Mar/07 2:26pm

blah blah, ignore my last message... I will be there now. And it had better not start raining again! Be good to see you there.

Sorry for the confusion :paranoid:
XCguy

Postby porschenut on Wed 28/Mar/07 2:32pm

Sorry can't make it now :(
porschenut

Postby XCguy on Wed 28/Mar/07 2:34pm

porschenut wrote: Sorry can't make it now :(

No worries. Will let you know if we decide to do another day next week or sometime.
XCguy

Canterbury | Cycling | Middle South Island | New Zealand | Regions - Latest Posts