This topic has not been added to any channels. This will make it hard for users to find. Type relevant channels into the Add Channel box to add them.

What is the best food package?

Sandwich
No votes
Wrap
No votes
Potato
No votes
Pizza
100%
Other
No votes

Total voters : 2

Trail Nutrition

Postby Rik on Mon 30/Nov/20 7:30am

Hey, I'm building up to some multiday epics this/next year.

My goto nutrition has always been to pack a round of sandies, egg mayo is a bit of a fav. but they can get pretty squashed and look somewhat un-appetising towards the end of a long day's ride.
I've tried wraps and they hold up really well, but the bottom becomes a bit of a soggy mess.

So I was wondering if there is a better energy dense super food package that stands up to being bounced around in a pack all day?
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Re: Trail Nutrition

Postby Velocipedestrian on Mon 30/Nov/20 10:00am

I think you need to read up on potatos then take a test lap.
Velocipedestrian
"Now bicycles were never made for pale green pants to ride 'em. Especially spooky pale green pants with nobody inside 'em."
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby AgrAde on Mon 30/Nov/20 10:10am

Potatoes are wicked food on a big ride. Roast potato, meat and a bit of gravy and mayo in a sandwich or wrap is the way I reckon it should be done.

Leftover pizza is my jam. It's awesome. I pack slices in groups of two, topping-to-topping and just eat them like a sandwich. Sandwiches and wraps are good but I try to avoid too much wet ingredients. Bacon, eggs, cheese, and sriracha mayo is my go-to calorie dense sandwich if I didn't have a roast to draw leftovers from. Between that and OSMs (buy them at the cookie time outlet in Templeton for pennies. Plus they have the less sweet ones that are hard to find in supermarkets, salted maple and crunchy peanut butter flavour) I'm good for calories. I usually do the fruit and veg before and after the ride, but multi-day... bananas, apples, oranges, carrots, raw yams do end up in my pack, and go down pretty well.
AgrAde
Member for: 17 years 2 months

Postby swtchbckr on Wed 2/Dec/20 9:02am

AgrAde wrote:...raw yams ...

:butbut: :o
brilliant!!!
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Postby AgrAde on Thu 3/Dec/20 9:42pm

:lol:

I've always snacked on them. I reckon they're like a small, less sweet, starchy apple, but I've been told I'm weird. They're good!
AgrAde
Member for: 17 years 2 months

- Latest Posts