4x Tracks...

Postby wuffy on Sat 14/Nov/09 9:45pm

Hi, anyone know of any 4x tracks around canterbury?????

Also, if there isn't, whats the chances of being allowed to build one up at vic maybe?
wuffy
Member for: 8 years 5 months

Re: 4x Tracks...

Postby palmerage2 on Sat 14/Nov/09 9:48pm

I think this has been asked many times and i think the answer was there isn't enough room up there for a good 4x track
palmerage2
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Postby Biker4Life on Sat 14/Nov/09 10:09pm

Even a Dual slalom track would be cool.

Maby not up vic park but has someone ever looked into building a 4x track in Canterbury.
Biker4Life
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Postby yetidude113 on Sun 15/Nov/09 9:28am

yea a dual slalom could go next to breakfree but up the top of huntsbury track there is a good area for a 4x or dual slalom track . :p
yetidude113
"PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!"
Member for: 8 years 2 months

Postby Wills27 on Sun 15/Nov/09 10:36am

yea. i rode at North Avon BMX trak it was fun to do on a mtb.
Wills27
Member for: 9 years 10 months

Postby wuffy on Sun 15/Nov/09 11:13am

Wills27 wrote:yea. i rode at North Avon BMX trak it was fun to do on a mtb.

It's not bad but it's too flat, and only got one line really, need something more technical and steeper.
wuffy

Postby Wills27 on Sun 15/Nov/09 11:28am

yea ur rite there.
Wills27
Member for: 9 years 10 months

Postby yetidude113 on Sun 15/Nov/09 11:59am

oh there is another one over near denton park had a look its way better! :rolleyes:
yetidude113
"PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!"
Member for: 8 years 2 months

Postby HarryPlatt on Sat 28/Nov/09 1:25pm

I was riding down Vic yesterday and riding down the bottom on the serivce road I had and idea. If there was to be a 4x track in Chch it would have of a different manner than all other tracks around chch. It would have to be used along the same lines a bmx track. Because it is not the sort track you just go for a ride on, It would need to be used regulary for what it is designed for ie 4 cross. So there would need to be regular races, much like the bmx tracks have weekly club races. Which for 4 cross would be awesome. Every other MTB club in the city has some sort of weekly reigme. So supposing gravity canterbury would organise a 4 cross thingy, it would be good for gravity racing mtbr's to get some regular competition. But then the actual problem of having place to race comes in. Thats when I thought as a starting point for a regular 4x club style event, that the service roads could be raced on. Whether this would be allowed by the ranger or not i have no idea. Now racing on the service roads wouldn't be extremely challenging but it would be fast particuly if you decide to do it on a DH bike, but then the roads are a bit rough in some places so hardtails would be enough of a challenge. As for jumps etc., wooden features could be added for some exctiment. It aint world cup material, but there is no form of 4x racing at all in Chch so its a good start. :)
HarryPlatt
"http://hpsauce555.blogspot.co.nz/"
Member for: 8 years 0 months

Postby wuffy on Sat 28/Nov/09 3:34pm

HarryPlatt wrote:I was riding down Vic yesterday and riding down the bottom on the serivce road I had and idea. If there was to be a 4x track in Chch it would have of a different manner than all other tracks around chch. It would have to be used along the same lines a bmx track. Because it is not the sort track you just go for a ride on, It would need to be used regulary for what it is designed for ie 4 cross. So there would need to be regular races, much like the bmx tracks have weekly club races. Which for 4 cross would be awesome. Every other MTB club in the city has some sort of weekly reigme. So supposing gravity canterbury would organise a 4 cross thingy, it would be good for gravity racing mtbr's to get some regular competition. But then the actual problem of having place to race comes in. Thats when I thought as a starting point for a regular 4x club style event, that the service roads could be raced on. Whether this would be allowed by the ranger or not i have no idea. Now racing on the service roads wouldn't be extremely challenging but it would be fast particuly if you decide to do it on a DH bike, but then the roads are a bit rough in some places so hardtails would be enough of a challenge. As for jumps etc., wooden features could be added for some exctiment. It aint world cup material, but there is no form of 4x racing at all in Chch so its a good start. :)

A good idea actually, to add in a degree of difficulty you could build lines up onto the bank on the right hand side. It wouldn't be hard. There's already a bit there to use.
wuffy

Postby HarryPlatt on Sat 28/Nov/09 5:51pm

4 guys riding down service road as fast as they can, boring something it won't be.
HarryPlatt

Postby wuffy on Sat 28/Nov/09 6:04pm

HarryPlatt wrote:4 guys riding down service road as fast as they can, boring something it won't be.

Speaking like Yoda, a nerd does make.
wuffy

Postby HarryPlatt on Sat 28/Nov/09 6:16pm

concur, I do
HarryPlatt

Postby DJ04 on Mon 30/Nov/09 9:35pm

you could probably turn break free into a dual slalom course if you got enough volunteers
DJ04
Member for: 8 years 10 months

Postby Biker4Life on Mon 30/Nov/09 9:47pm

Build a ds track at living springs?

or a 4x track even
Biker4Life
Member for: 10 years 7 months

4X/ BSX Racing | Canterbury | Christchurch | Cycling | Middle South Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions - Latest Posts