Re: Touring The Alps In May

Postby kaiteri on Tue 15/Jun/10 3:40pm

MTBChick wrote:
kaiteri wrote:
MTBChick wrote:Wow, what an absolutely beautiful tour! :love:

You should see some of he photos I left out - the patisseries! the gelato! the cheeses! - but I didn't want to give the wrong impression of what the tour was about :sly:

Haha - no it's all part of the experience and it would have all dissapeared in the climb of the Alp d'Huez anyway ;) ! Do you have a link to any more photos in your blog?

I used the website I use to blog updates for the Kaiteriteri MTB Park. But given you're so nice :blush: I'll see what I can do. It will appear as a new post.
kaiteri
Member for: 8 years 9 months

Postby kaiteri on Tue 15/Jun/10 6:56pm

jackymclaren wrote:Ha ha ha! Getting your own back eh? Hey, it was great to read all this, and such detail! You didn't mention what kind of pedals your bikes were equipped with though, or the brand of cycling socks. I am very relieved to hear Deborah had a gel flow seat, however, sitting as I am on an inflateable rubber ring. A minor spill has kept me off a bike, well almost, for 3 weeks now but getting back in the saddle again tomorrow for an off roader. When I was 17 I hitched through Bourg D'Oisans with an Estonian friend, beautiful, I remember the gently coloured cows especially for some reason, all with bells on. The tent looks like a great idea. 5 years ago when I cycled a bit of Provence we just pitched ours out of site whenever we had had enough, surrounded by thyme, poppies and lavender, ahhh. It looks like you transected several climatic zones, how did the tyres cope with ice on the road? Not fun on hair pin bends when descending. Any problems with altitude? How long have you been back? Are you back? Has your horse like appetite subsided yet? Keep feeding it, it's amazing how for weeks afterwards you can just keep eating, eating, eating and still be starving. No need to write me a long reply, like all the others you have showered on me all year, you can tell me to my face in late July if you're around the home town. See you both very soon, Jax x

Hey Jax!
Sorry to hear of your er, minor spill. Hope the test ride goes well. You may mock but you of all people should know that, next to the colour of the bike, the choice of saddle is the most important decision you can make. Especially for a cycle tourist!
Happy to answer the rest when you get 'home' ;)
kaiteri

Postby kaiteri on Tue 15/Jun/10 6:59pm

Al_Bushman wrote:If you're planning another trip then the south of France (Provence) was stunning and well equipped with campsites (with pools). Alternatively Tuscany/ Umbria was also lovely, as were the Pyrenees in Spain/ Andorra.

Stop it! Just stop it!
kaiteri

Cycling | Kaiteriteri MTB Park | Mountain Biking | Nelson Region | New Zealand | Regions | Trail Building | Upper South Island - Latest Posts