Vfr: Le Tour De France 2018

Team Riders    Team Strength    Team Size    Stage Winner   

Claude
    Alaphilippe || Roglic || Thomas || Majka || Sagan || Nibali || Nieve || Yates
    Arnaud Demare

Richie_D
    Gaviria || Alaphilippe || Roglic || Groenewegen || Sagan || Bardet || Rolland || Barguil
    Arnaud Demare

Kev
    Roglic || Cavendish || Thomas || Sagan || Porte || Fuglsang || Dumoulin || Yates
    Primoz Roglic

mfw
    Cavendish || Quintana || Froome || Majka || Sagan || Porte || Barguil || Martin
    Arnaud Demare

BrokenKonaRider
    Gaviria || Roglic || Kittel || Sagan || Porte || Bardet || Yates || Martin
    Arnaud Demare

gydey
    Gaviria || Quintana || Sagan || Bardet || Uran || Fuglsang || Yates || Martin
    Timothy Dupont

Derryn Hinch
    Gaviria || Cavendish || Valverde || Sagan || Fuglsang || Matthews || Yates || Martin
    Arnaud Demare

wolffman1
    Gaviria || Greipel || Groenewegen || Demare || Cavendish || Kittel || Sagan || Calmejane
    Alexander Kristoff

BillB
    Roglic || Cavendish || Rojas || Froome || Sagan || Rolland || Fuglsang || Dumoulin
    Arnaud Demare

Spanky Spangler
    Gaviria || Roglic || Quintana || Poels || Sagan || Porte || Fuglsang || Yates
    Primoz Roglic

Mr_Jolly
    Degenkolb || Kittel || Quintana || Froome || Porte || Bardet || Martin || Yates
    Alexander Kristoff

numbnuts
    Gaviria || Greipel || Groenewegen || Cavendish || Sagan || Matthews || Yates || Martin
    Christophe Laporte

smd88
    Gaviria || Cavendish || Thomas || Sagan || Porte || Uran || Fuglsang || Yates
    Peter Sagan

Rik
    Quintana || Froome || Thomas || Sagan || Porte || Haussler || Durbridge || Yates
    Daniel Martin

G banger
    Gaviria || Cavendish || Kittel || Martin || Froome || Sagan || Sicard || Matthews
    Peter Sagan

vfrmonkey
    Gaviria || Mollema || Roglic || Groenewegen || Valverde || Fuglsang || Chavanel || Theuns
    Oliver Naesen

Tugboat
    Roglic || Cavendish || Porte || Uran || Nibali || Dumoulin || Impey || Yates
    Alexander Kristoff

igota29er
    Gaviria || Greipel || Kittel || Van Avermaet || Vuillermoz || Matthews || Bauer || Yates
    Richie Porte

Total    18    18    18           

Total responses : 18
Re: Le Tour De France 2018

Postby Claude on Sun 29th Jul 7:21pm

I picked Arnaud Demare to win the next stage

Thanks VFR, yes, champ'ers on the final ride into Paris, I wouldn't expect too many points out of my team in the final.

Good competition, thanks Kev & Rik, and all the other team DS'ers.
Claude
User avatarMedal
Member for: 9 years 7 months

Postby mfw on Sun 29th Jul 7:56pm

Well done Claude! Thanks Rik, and begrudgingly thanks Kev until you knocked me off the last podium spot :P But seriously, it was fun edition, maybe closer than others in the midfield if memory is correct?
Finally, I am amazed Chris Froome spent 21 days riding around France without getting taken out by a hostile spectator (police officers aside), maybe helped by not wearing yellow.
mfw
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Postby Richie_D on Sun 29th Jul 8:35pm

Thanks again for organising - great fun
Richie_D
Member for: 7 years 10 months

Postby wolffman1 on Sun 29th Jul 9:17pm

I picked Alexander Kristoff to win the next stage
wolffman1
"Maaangooo"
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Postby Tugboat on Sun 29th Jul 9:17pm

I picked Alexander Kristoff to win the next stage
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby BillB on Sun 29th Jul 9:26pm

Another Tour nearly over. Thanks, yet again, for organising this welcome distraction. Chapeau to those on the podium!
BillB
"To finish last, first you have to finish!"
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Automated Results Posting

Postby vfr on Mon 30th Jul 6:34am

Results for stage-21 of tour-de-france

RankNameStageBonusTotalMap
1Claude2501955Image
2Richie_D2501643Image
3Kev2501613Image
4mfw2301545Image
5BrokenKonaRider2501470Image
6gydey2301436Image
7Derryn Hinch2801424Image
8wolffman151251414Image
9BillB2501370Image
10Spanky Spangler2501329Image
11Mr_Jolly29251322Image
12numbnuts2301315Image
13smd882301311Image
14Rik2301279Image
15G banger2301005Image
16vfrmonkey200998Image
17Tugboat1225991Image
18igota29er00798Image

Wolffman1 manages to win the final sprint but it is Claude who rides triumphantly over the finish line in 1st place overall
Richie_D and Kev also finish in the peleton so there is no change in the general classifications and they remain in 2nd and 3rd respectively
Congratulations to Claude for putting together a fantasy team that contained the yellow, green and polkadot jersey winners
vfr
Member for: 4 years 9 months

Postby Rik on Mon 30th Jul 7:53am

Thanks everyone for playing, if you can here me at the front. Congratulations to Claude

And to Richie_D and Kev for at least trying to make it a race of it.

This VFR tour was dominated by two big hitters.

Wolfman dominated the early stages then exploded spectacularly, but still finished comfortably in the top half.

And I don't know what to say about Claudes performance, he simply dominated, crushing all opposition. Scoring a winning total on par with previous years despite the reduced eight man teams.

Final mention to Kev for running this whole show, whilst we sleep. So go buy some stuff from one of our affiliates so we can buy him a crate of whatever curly mustached designer beer he likes.
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 10 years 5 months

Postby gydey on Mon 30th Jul 8:21am

Chappeau to Claude...give us all a right royal fisting lol. Thanks to all involved in playing and running the game :-)
gydey

Postby Tugboat on Mon 30th Jul 8:35am

Cheers for another great comp. I'm just happy to avoid the lanterne rouge.
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby wolffman1 on Mon 30th Jul 8:42am

I think we need to change Claude’s name to the cannibal.
Good fun again, thanks all

Claude deserves the mic drop that Geraint did on the champes. His was a far more dominant display
wolffman1
"Maaangooo"
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Postby Derryn Hinch on Mon 30th Jul 11:13am

Thanks VFR for adding some excitement to an otherwise dull TDF.

Chapeaux to Claude and also wolf an for doing so well with a team of sprinters, most of whom dnf’d.
Derryn Hinch
"....... but I never called her fat!!!"
Member for: 9 years 8 months

Postby gydey on Mon 30th Jul 7:00pm

To be fair it was a crazy tour...what organiser eliminates 80% of the top sprinters in the first 12 days? Really fucked the balance of the tour tbh.

Then the failures...Movistar 3 prong attack totally failed as did Mitchelton Scotts attack...how could they go so close at the Giro and go so wrong in the TDF... the trainers and strategists completely fucked it up. Trek and Astana completely over rated their leaders who failed dismally and poor old Dan Martin must have shagged the devils daughter cos the poor bastard was struck down by every piece of bad luck on offer, but what a tough bastard he is and he did beat G in the Tour of Wales as Juniors.....and that is almost as important as the Pegasus club champs :-) Kittel, Greipel and Cavendish are still getting over their egos...bring on the new sprinters like Gaviria and Groenewegan...and of course St Peter. Krristoff beat the rest of a tired bunch in Paris.

How good was Lotto Jumbo.... Roglic and the human coat hanger were superb as was big Tom.... never gave up and raced till the end...huge respect. Finally Sky were just amazing...the whole team. But shit G you were the man (I coached a magic U19 TP that beat the poms for gold in the 2005 junior worlds TP. They crashed at 2.5 km but we had gone past them as they started too quick and G was the first guy to come up and say congrat....he is a genuine bloody nice guy, Froome was a great foil and support, and Kwiatkowski was amazing...but holy fuckballs Egan Bernal is a legend in the making and as opposed to Quinatana... he has the full package as he can TT. Im picking he will win 5+ Tours
gydey

Postby mfw on Tue 31st Jul 6:57am

Nice commentary Gydey :thumbsup:
mfw

Postby Claude on Tue 31st Jul 7:39pm

Thanks again Kev & Rik, great comp. And same for the other who put teams together.

To be fair I was a bit worried about my picks when I was down in 11th after the first stage, but things started looking better when the routes went uphill.

I got the ochre jersey from the TdU a few years back, it'd be good if we could get the opportunity to go for red soon!

But Gydey, Pegasus Club Champs :o

Cheers
Claude
User avatarMedal
Member for: 9 years 7 months

Cycling | Vorb Fantasy Racing - Latest Posts