Who will get caught doping in the 2009 TDF?

Poll ended at Sun 5/Jul/09 9:23am

Denis Menchov
28%
Carlos Sastre
25%
Alberto Contador
33%
Cadel Evans
28%
Michael Rogers
27%
Andy Schleck
38%
Levi Leipheimer
22%
Lance Armstrong
32%
Damiano Cunego
27%
Fränk Schleck
47%
Christian Vande Velde
23%
Alejandro Valverde
43%
Fergie (wildcard)
58%

Total voters : 60

Re: Tour De France 2009 Doping Predictor

Postby taylormade on Thu 11/Jun/09 8:24am

I see on cyclingnews this morning that Valverde is not welcome at the Tour according to Prudhomme.The Tour has 60kms of racing in Italy and Valverde is banned in Italy, so his Team said they would race him until they get to Italy then withdraw him. But the Tour have said no.... :thumbsup:
taylormade
"60% of the time it works everytime"
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby Fergie on Thu 11/Jun/09 2:51pm

At least I guess I will win something this year!
Fergie
"Fat, opinionated and can't ride a bike to save himself. Sounds overqualified to be a coach."
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Bad Fish?

Postby Hippo on Wed 1/Jul/09 5:59pm

Is it just me or does this report sound a bit fishy...

Rotten eggs affect Dekker's championships ride
By:Cyclingnews
Published:June 30

Last Sunday's Dutch national championship road race wasn't the most enjoyable experience for Silence-Lotto's Thomas Dekker, with rotten eggs the possible cause of a gastric upset.

Sporza reports that Dekker was vomiting during the race, although the Silence-Lotto team declared on its website that the Dutchman had recovered and his participation at the Tour de France has not been jeopardised.

"The reason is probably that he has eaten less-than-fresh eggs," the statement read. "On Sunday Thomas was already fit as a fiddle. On Monday he is now fit again.

"Meanwhile, Thomas is at home again in Italy before he travels down to Monaco on Wednesday. He will be without problems at the start of his Tour appearance," it added
Hippo
Member for: 11 years 10 months

Postby Al_Bushman on Wed 1/Jul/09 9:35pm

Fergie wrote:Yes, judging by my current form I am clearly on drugs :crazy:

Or were... don't people eat lots of pies after taking drugs??!! You've obiously been on them for years.
Al_Bushman

Re: Bad Fish?

Postby johnL on Thu 2/Jul/09 6:43am

Hippo wrote:Is it just me or does this report sound a bit fishy...

Rotten eggs affect Dekker's championships ride
By:Cyclingnews
Published:June 30

Last Sunday's Dutch national championship road race wasn't the most enjoyable experience for Silence-Lotto's Thomas Dekker, with rotten eggs the possible cause of a gastric upset.

Sporza reports that Dekker was vomiting during the race, although the Silence-Lotto team declared on its website that the Dutchman had recovered and his participation at the Tour de France has not been jeopardised.

"The reason is probably that he has eaten less-than-fresh eggs," the statement read. "On Sunday Thomas was already fit as a fiddle. On Monday he is now fit again.

"Meanwhile, Thomas is at home again in Italy before he travels down to Monaco on Wednesday. He will be without problems at the start of his Tour appearance," it added

well fishy it was
tour victim No 1 re test shows EPO use.
johnL
"2x Trust House Tour of Wellington Winner, DS Team Cardno"
Member for: 13 years 0 months

Postby Compact on Thu 2/Jul/09 8:13am

Does EPO come with a Dutch racing licence or something?
Compact
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby bigmig on Thu 2/Jul/09 9:36am

Compact wrote:Does EPO come with a Dutch racing licence or something?

Dekker is out of the Tour before it starts. A retest of a 2007 urine sample..
http://www.roadcycling.co.nz/TourdeFran ... ekker.html
bigmig
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Postby nzmatto on Thu 2/Jul/09 1:28pm

What :ib: ridey type people use drugs to win :ib: What are said drugs and where do I get them :) Fergie are you a supplier too? :blink:
nzmatto
"Cycling changed my life."
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Postby Al_Bushman on Fri 3/Jul/09 10:59pm

So Who's it going to be????

"There could be four to seven more doping cases announced before the start of the Tour de France Saturday, the French sports publication L'Equipe reported on Thursday. Those cases will not be biological passport cases but stem from positive controls at this year's Tour de Romandie and the Tour de Suisse, according to the French newspaper, which is owned by the Tour organiser ASO.

The UCI would not confirm that information, but also did not deny it. "I cannot confirm that there will be further riders closed out from the Tour because of doping after the Dekker case," UCI spokesman Enrico Carpani told the German press agency dpa.

Dekker was charged earlier this week with having a positive control for EPO, in a re-tested sample. The UCI further said that the Dutch rider was caught under the bio-passport programme due to irregular blood values."
Al_Bushman

Cycling | Europe | France | Regions | Road Cycling | Road Racing - Latest Posts