What should i do?

Replace the plates?
0
No votes
Use some magic cleaning product?
5
63%
Use the tinfoil for my hats, to cook on instead?
3
38%
 
Total voters : 8

Re: Tis The Season To Open The Bbq And Find...

Postby Conners on Tue 15/Dec/15 12:39pm

ryda wrote:
Wobbler wrote:
ryda wrote:
Wobbler wrote:
Conners wrote:
ryda wrote:
Conners wrote:Or just buy a Weber.
Hand in your man card :p

Oh yip.


These blokes use a weber https://www.youtube.com/user/BarbecueWeb

2soft4ryda

Really


Any number of the videos feature webers :) the most recent one I watched with one was the meatball stuffed onions wrapped in bacon hth

and the most recent pheasant video

I trust your query has been fulfilled.
can you show me where the use they Webber Q ?

I wasn't specfic about a Q, I just said:
Conners wrote:Or just buy a Weber.


So wobs is right, they use a Weber in loads of their videos.

FYI, Qs have porcelain coated plates - which is totally relevant to this discussion.

As for manliness - I'm not sure why a Weber Q has any reduced manliness over any other gas BBQ (which is what Malcy was asking about). I've cooked probably 80% of our food on ours over the last couple of months, somehow that makes me a pussy?
Conners
User avatar
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Re: Tis The Season To Open The Bbq And Find...

Postby ryda on Tue 15/Dec/15 12:58pm

Conners wrote:As for manliness - I'm not sure why a Weber Q has any reduced manliness over any other gas BBQ (which is what Malcy was asking about). I've cooked probably 80% of our food on ours over the last couple of months, somehow that makes me a pussy?
if you feel manly cooking in what is basicly a gas heated frying pan, up to you, I'm not about to stop you :p
ryda
User avatar
"WTF"
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Re: Tis The Season To Open The Bbq And Find...

Postby Conners on Tue 15/Dec/15 1:15pm

ryda wrote:
Conners wrote:As for manliness - I'm not sure why a Weber Q has any reduced manliness over any other gas BBQ (which is what Malcy was asking about). I've cooked probably 80% of our food on ours over the last couple of months, somehow that makes me a pussy?
if you feel manly cooking in what is basicly a gas heated frying pan, up to you, I'm not about to stop you :p

That's strange, because I'd align that definition with an unhooded BBQ? Or do you mainly fry stuff with the lid on your frying pan?
Conners
User avatar
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Re: Tis The Season To Open The Bbq And Find...

Postby ryda on Tue 15/Dec/15 1:58pm

Conners wrote:
ryda wrote:
Conners wrote:As for manliness - I'm not sure why a Weber Q has any reduced manliness over any other gas BBQ (which is what Malcy was asking about). I've cooked probably 80% of our food on ours over the last couple of months, somehow that makes me a pussy?
if you feel manly cooking in what is basicly a gas heated frying pan, up to you, I'm not about to stop you :p

That's strange, because I'd align that definition with an unhooded BBQ? Or do you mainly fry stuff with the lid on your frying pan?
pfft frying pan :lol: but you clearly you do
ryda
User avatar
"WTF"
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Re: Tis The Season To Open The Bbq And Find...

Postby ChumlyPogward on Tue 15/Dec/15 2:07pm

Let me just put this here so you can get a small taste of what being a manly man looks like...

Image
ChumlyPogward
User avatar
Member for: 6 years 6 months

Re: Tis The Season To Open The Bbq And Find...

Postby Conners on Tue 15/Dec/15 2:13pm

ryda wrote:
Conners wrote:
ryda wrote:if you feel manly cooking in what is basicly a gas heated frying pan, up to you, I'm not about to stop you :p

That's strange, because I'd align that definition with an unhooded BBQ? Or do you mainly fry stuff with the lid on your frying pan?
pfft frying pan :lol: but you clearly you do

You've lost me. You said I was cooking on a frying pan, I told you I don't cover my frying pan up - but I do cover my BBQ, and now you seem shocked that I referred to a frying pan?
Also - my BBQ doesn't have a solid plate, so not sure how that converts to being a frying pan?
Conners
User avatar
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Re: Tis The Season To Open The Bbq And Find...

Postby Velocipedestrian on Tue 15/Dec/15 2:17pm

ChumlyPogward wrote:Let me just put this here so you can get a small taste of what being a manly man looks like...

Image


[gasp] Oh, Chumly! The meat! The tools! The fire! Truly, none shall resist your manliness.
Velocipedestrian
User avatar
"Vorb Trophy Husband of the year 2015"
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Re: Tis The Season To Open The Bbq And Find...

Postby ChumlyPogward on Tue 15/Dec/15 3:01pm

If only you could see my beard and my stubby shorts, you would swoon...
ChumlyPogward
User avatar
Member for: 6 years 6 months

Re: Tis The Season To Open The Bbq And Find...

Postby Velocipedestrian on Tue 15/Dec/15 3:11pm

ChumlyPogward wrote:If only you could see my beard and my stubby shorts, you would swoon...

Amen to that!
Velocipedestrian
User avatar
"Vorb Trophy Husband of the year 2015"
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Re: Tis The Season To Open The Bbq And Find...

Postby happybaboon on Tue 15/Dec/15 3:17pm

I see you have to put a separate sheet of metal down in order to avoid getting rust on your kebabs :D
happybaboon
User avatar
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Re: Tis The Season To Open The Bbq And Find...

Postby philstar on Tue 15/Dec/15 3:25pm

Malcy wrote:Rusty plates.

Ok Vorbii... The plates on my semi expensive BBQ have lost their finish and are now a bit rusty. The flat plate is the worst, the grill plate has about fifty percent usable (non-rusty) surface.

What do ya reckon is the best solution? Haven't used the bigger in a while, last year's BBQ season wasn't quite good enough, so it's not been used much in a couple of years.


I have used a 1/3 sheet sander with one of the large green schtch bright pands in it for manly cleaning befor. it might be a good option wire brush then sander then oil and fire. some one else told me that for cast iron fring pans you put salt on htem and put them in the oven and bake them proverbaly hot
philstar
User avatar
"misanthropic"
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Re: Tis The Season To Open The Bbq And Find...

Postby Velocipedestrian on Tue 15/Dec/15 4:14pm

philstar wrote:some one else told me that for cast iron fring pans you put salt on htem and put them in the oven and bake them proverbaly hot


The salt is to suck out any moisture before the oil-and-hot-as-shit part of the seasoning... Leaving salt on cast iron will have predictable results.
Velocipedestrian
User avatar
"Vorb Trophy Husband of the year 2015"
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Re: Tis The Season To Open The Bbq And Find...

Postby Wobbler on Tue 15/Dec/15 4:41pm

happybaboon wrote:I see you have to put a separate sheet of metal down in order to avoid getting rust on your kebabs :D


Is a rusty kebab anything like a rusty teapot?
Wobbler
User avatar
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Re: Tis The Season To Open The Bbq And Find...

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Tue 15/Dec/15 5:12pm

Needs more shopping trolley.

Also, what's the adjustable pliers for?
Picking up hot plates?
Astoria Paranoia
User avatar
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Re: Tis The Season To Open The Bbq And Find...

Postby happybaboon on Tue 15/Dec/15 5:17pm

You need heavy duty tools to pull off a rusty kebab.
happybaboon
User avatar
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Sifting - Latest Posts

Who is online

36 Users browsing this website: Google [Bot] and 35 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • ProBikeKit
  • Torpedo7
  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • Merlin Cycles