Re: Tip Track Leaderboard

Postby sifter on Mon 23/Feb/15 6:31pm

21.24 tonight. Not bad considering four hard laps of Blue Mountains on Saturday.

A bit freaky to realise it was a southerly. :paranoid:

I'm looking forward to Karapoti
sifter
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby dwgknz on Mon 23/Feb/15 8:25pm

Don't know how guys like you do it Sifter, fittest I've ever been and can't break a 35!

Did my first double today, 38 and 40. Wanted to do a third and had the legs but needed to get to work for a meeting.

Looking forward to getting the Karapoti done.
dwgknz
Member for: 6 years 4 months

Postby sifter on Mon 23/Feb/15 9:10pm

A double will stand you in good stead! Well done :thumbsup:

I've worked pretty hard over the last few years to make up for big bones and only a small amount of talent!
sifter

Postby sifter on Sat 28/Feb/15 11:21am

Inspired by dwgknz, I did my penultimate Tip Track session before Karapoti this morning. Wind got worse as the ride went on.

First ascent in 21:31 (10:31 to stock yards, northerly made 3rd quarter particularly tough). Rode down to midway, walked back to the top. Rode down to bottom, and then back up in 23:59 (11:49 to stock yards, gross wind throughout).

I'll be back for one more on Monday or Tuesday, and then will keep my eyes out for good conditions through to the PNP race in mid-May. Would be nice to crack 21 flat, and I think I'm capable of it at the moment... :blush:
sifter

Postby cloggie on Thu 26/Mar/15 10:27pm

I've been meaning to ride this again for years. Well, I've posted now, so I have to do it... Hoping I can break 30.
cloggie
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Postby BrokenKonaRider on Fri 27/Mar/15 9:16am

We rode it this morning, as we have every Friday for years. It's in relatively rough shape. The heavy rains have washed away the fine gravel and lines leaving lots of loose random rocks. But as always it's a good challenge. Awesome at the top today, just underneath the cloud, watching the sunrise over the harbour
BrokenKonaRider
"Pants"
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby BrokenKonaRider on Fri 22/May/15 9:25am

It's been graded.

The ruts are gone, replaced with countless large water bars that are soft and annoying to ride up and over and often into a ditch on the otherside when climbing the track. Probably very unsatisfying as a downhill now, although maybe when the water bars firm up they might be ok little ramps.
BrokenKonaRider
"Pants"
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby dwgknz on Fri 22/May/15 9:46am

BrokenKonaRider wrote:It's been graded.

The ruts are gone, replaced with countless large water bars that are soft and annoying to ride up and over and often into a ditch on the otherside when climbing the track. Probably very unsatisfying as a downhill now, although maybe when the water bars firm up they might be ok little ramps.

The whole thing is annoying to ride up, can't imagine a few bars make it worse!!

Hawkins Hill Climb Champs this weekend, wonder if it'll tip it anyway.
dwgknz
Member for: 6 years 4 months

Postby nostromo on Sun 28/Feb/16 7:11pm

First go in a few yrs, 40 minutes S2S in a strong northerly.
nostromo
":-("
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Postby dragon_style on Mon 29/Feb/16 9:24pm

Borrowed my wife's bike today to try more than a test ride around the street, interesting, 15.52 from the bottom gate to the Red Rocks/Barking Emu turn off point - those electric motors make a big difference as that's about half my usual time (with about the same effort based heart rate stats). Was a weird feeling zooming up there thinking "this must be what it's like for those fit folk".
dragon_style
Member for: 16 years 5 months

Postby Malcy on Fri 8/Apr/16 2:06pm

25:22 today, gate to gate.

Nice. But man, that surface is a little all over the place. Makes it interesting.
Malcy
Member for: 16 years 7 months

Cycling | Lower North Island | New Zealand | Regions | Wellington Region - Latest Posts