7%
Used to think he's innocent, now I think he's guilty
11%
I don't care, but I hope Joe Karam gets his life back
2%
I'm just glad that 12 years inside has made him stop wearing fugly jerseys
34%

Total voters : 123

Re: Is It Time To Let David Bain Out Yet?

Postby philstar on Thu 3/Sep/09 12:51pm

happybaboon wrote:Evidence of what? It was property of him and his immediate family prior to their deaths. He was found to not have caused their deaths. Fairly obvious that it is now his property, innit?

He's gone overseas, because he wanted to get out of the limelight. His lawyers are still fighting for $$ though. Good for him :)

its still evidence against who ever killed his family.
I thought he was going to the UK, where I don't think he'll be able to take the gun?
philstar
"misanthropic"
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby DropKick on Thu 3/Sep/09 12:57pm

philstar wrote:
happybaboon wrote:Evidence of what? It was property of him and his immediate family prior to their deaths. He was found to not have caused their deaths. Fairly obvious that it is now his property, innit?

He's gone overseas, because he wanted to get out of the limelight. His lawyers are still fighting for $$ though. Good for him :)

its still evidence against who ever killed his family.
I thought he was going to the UK, where I don't think he'll be able to take the gun?

It would make for an interesting firearms license or customs form (if the whole story wasnt well known by those in the uk)

"So, Mr Bain, you want to import this gun"

"yes, thats correct"

"A little bit of a background check we do for everyone, what do you do for a living?"

"well, I've just been released from 13 years in prison so one might say I'm currently between jobs"

"Prison you say, what for?"

"I was convicted of shooting my entire family. But eventually got acquitted at retrial - so when can I get my gun?"

"riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight"

:o
DropKick
Member for: 14 years 7 months

Postby happybaboon on Thu 3/Sep/09 3:26pm

You don't seem to be coping with the idea of "innocence" very well.

It was a British court that decided he'd been the victim of a miscarriage of justice, which set the whole retrial and innocence thing in progress. He'd have some sort of legal entitlement to be treated just like any other 30-something NZer with no criminal record who wanted to import a gun into the UK.

I have no problem with him claiming ownership of his own property. I hope he gets his gun back.
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby happybaboon on Thu 3/Sep/09 3:27pm

thorg wrote:
not really, there are other family members involved, he is just the only remaining child. there is - of course - the grand kids of his parents to consider, you know, the ones his sister said she had? They also would have a claim.

Even if they do exist they wouldn't have a claim to David's gun, which is his own property.
happybaboon

Postby philstar on Thu 3/Sep/09 4:56pm

happybaboon wrote:Y... just like any other 30-something NZer with no criminal record who wanted to import a gun into the UK.

As i understand it the UK olympic pistol shooting team have to practice in europe as the gun laws are that strict that they are not alloud pistols (maybe rifels are not quite so strict, but still)
philstar
"misanthropic"
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby happybaboon on Thu 3/Sep/09 6:13pm

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/artic ... d=10594969

What a monster! What kind of sick fuck would want photographs of his deceased family returned to him?!
happybaboon

Postby DropKick on Thu 3/Sep/09 6:50pm

happybaboon wrote:http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10594969

What a monster! What kind of sick fuck would want photographs of his deceased family returned to him?!

If he didnt shoot them all he wouldnt be needing photos :huh:

oh babs, I dont actually really care either way on this issue. I just enjoy a good stir now and then :blush:
DropKick

Postby j2hyde on Thu 3/Sep/09 7:22pm

happybaboon wrote:http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10594969

He wants to stitch them together into a suit and wear them. So he can be close to his family. Or so I've heard.
j2hyde
"I'm not for that. I'm for the ladies."
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Postby happybaboon on Thu 3/Sep/09 7:32pm

DropKick wrote:

If he didnt shoot them all he wouldnt be needing photos :huh:

oh babs, I dont actually really care either way on this issue. I just enjoy a good stir now and then :blush:

Me too. Mostly.
Although I do think people need to lay off the guy now... He's been found not guilty, so those still persecuting him need to piss off I think.
happybaboon

Postby Oli on Thu 3/Sep/09 7:34pm

You're like the biggest Bain fan EVAR! :D
Oli
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby j2hyde on Thu 3/Sep/09 7:42pm

With Bain's prison experience and Bab's fondness for rectal examination I think they'd be a hot couple
j2hyde

Postby Oli on Thu 3/Sep/09 7:43pm

:lol:
Oli
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby happybaboon on Thu 3/Sep/09 7:48pm

:hmmm: ( :D )

I only rectally examine animals.. And then only in an academic (and one day professional) manner.
happybaboon

Postby DropKick on Thu 3/Sep/09 7:54pm

How much taking it up the pooper actually goes on in prison? :eh:

Is it one of those things like on american history x where the powerful guys chase up the bitch to hurt him now and then, or is it like on nip/tuck where anyone in a position of power has a prison wife to service them on demand?
DropKick

Postby j2hyde on Thu 3/Sep/09 7:55pm

Some would consider Bain an animal..... :)

But I do believe you when you say you take a professional approach, how much for an hour?
j2hyde

Crime | Sifting - Latest Posts