Re: Thread For General Discussion

Postby znomit on Sun 8/May/11 7:12pm

Simon_K wrote:
happybaboon wrote:I sometimes cannot be bothered digging around for the "correct" thread. So I was hoping to encourage a thread for general discussion about whatever... Similar to the postwhore threads of the past, but maybe slightly maturer since postwhoring doesn't seem to be a common pastime these days.

Accordingly, wonder what's going on on the Auckland harbour bridge to require the closing of six lanes... :0 Anyone got any idea?
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/4976630 ... our-Bridge

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/mu ... our-Bridge

Hoping for a costume malfunction... ;)

Shes not a General!

A lot of guys stand to attention for her though.

znomit
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Postby ratrod on Sun 8/May/11 7:15pm

happybaboon wrote:Sprinkley containers of parmesan are often near the actual parmesan, with the fancy cheeses. Hersheys syrup is in the "Mature needs" section with the whipped cream canisters, cucumbers and lube.

Why does there need to be a fancy cheese section and a regular cheese section. Fucks me right off when I get to the regular cheese section only to realise I have to go back to the fancy cheese section to get cheese that I think is pretty regular.
ratrod
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Sun 8/May/11 7:18pm

Katy Perry is in town, maybe she got her epic jugggggz out, forcing people to stop and stare?
Henry Dorset Case
"[b]DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT?[/b]"
Member for: 17 years 6 months

Postby happybaboon on Sun 8/May/11 7:19pm

Well designed supermarkets have 'em right next to each other. But the Palmy ones seem to all want to put the two sections miles apart. I wonder if it's because people won't buy small-brand expensive cheese when there's cheaper, big brand, similar stuff like those premium big brand cheeses (aged ones and shit) right next to it. I can generally only afford the regular cheese because it's "cheaper" (ha!) but sometimes I like to browse and imagine... And sometimes there's near expired stuff for cheap of course.

Also, an excellent place for cheese is Steve's Bulk Barn. Steve is a nice fulla too. (If his name is even Steve...?)
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 17 years 8 months

Postby znomit on Sun 8/May/11 7:36pm

happybaboon wrote:Well designed supermarkets have 'em right next to each other.

A well designed supermarket makes you wander the isles as much as possible, picking up crap you don't need. Hence bread and milk in the back corner.

Yes, Steves BB is awesome.
znomit
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Postby happybaboon on Sun 8/May/11 7:39pm

That's well designed from the supermarket's perspective... Well designed, according to me, means all the cheese is together in one damn place :D
happybaboon

Postby Wobbler on Sun 8/May/11 7:51pm

slidecontrol wrote:
Wobbler wrote:Why the fuck are canned tomatoes not in the canned fruit section at the supermarket?

cos people are dumb enough that they would put them in their fruit salad :hmmm:

fuck those people
Wobbler
User avatarMedal
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby thelongwalk on Sun 8/May/11 8:09pm

to carry on the challengers of modern supermarket shopping, are sultanas the same thing as raisins?
thelongwalk
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Postby nostromo on Sun 8/May/11 8:23pm

thelongwalk wrote:to carry on the challengers of modern supermarket shopping, are sultanas the same thing as raisins?

Different, but also where they are placed depends on whether they are considered snacks or baking goods, and sometimes they are considered both.
nostromo
":-("
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby happybaboon on Sun 8/May/11 8:27pm

Sultanas are raisins from white grapes, whereas raisins are raisins from dark grapes. Essentially the sultana is a subspecies of raisin.
happybaboon

Postby slidecontrol on Sun 8/May/11 8:30pm

sub = inferior?
slidecontrol
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby Trail on Sun 8/May/11 8:53pm

happybaboon wrote:Sultanas are raisins from white grapes, whereas raisins are raisins from dark grapes. Essentially the sultana is a subspecies of raisin.

Subspecies?? Surely white grapes and black grapes are equals in the grape world?? Are you GRAPIST!?!?!?
Trail
"Concentrating on technique"
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby Simon_K on Sun 8/May/11 8:54pm

happybaboon wrote:Sultanas are raisins from white grapes, whereas raisins are raisins from dark grapes. Essentially the sultana is a subspecies of raisin.

Thread paying dividends already, learn something new every day
Simon_K
Member for: 14 years 1 month

Postby istepinyards on Sun 8/May/11 8:57pm

Trail wrote:

Subspecies?? Surely white grapes and black grapes are equals in the grape world?? Are you GRAPIST!?!?!?
Isn't that someone who touches grapes in the wrong places?
istepinyards
"I'm not arrogant, I am just better than you. That is a scientific fact."
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby wuffy on Sun 8/May/11 8:59pm

Trail wrote:

Babbs is a grapist?

Urban Dictionary defines it as wrote:a huge purple monster who sodomizes thirsty children.

Babbs = Grimmace
wuffy
Member for: 10 years 5 months

Sifting - Latest Posts