Re: Thinkin Bout A New Roadie

Postby DirtyRoadie on Wed 29/Jul/09 2:44pm

danose wrote:
shmoodiver wrote:maybe i'll go for an aluminum frame to keep the costs down. that way i can keep the old girl

grab a caad9 'dale - bestest al frames ever, and now quite cheap (if you can live with 105) :crazy:

I second that (or third it if someone else has already seconded it) ... 'dales are awesome bikes to ride, last forever and the CAAD9 is a dirty cheap option ... you can actually get them as a frame only as well (which I think actually means frame and fork") - at least in the part of the world I'm in ... but the guys at Cannondale in Aussie are generally pretty obliging (they sold me a Six13 and a Scalpel as frame and fork only)

Oh and if someone comes out with the old line about being too stiff for NZ roads - they've obviously never ridden a 'dale over there ...
DirtyRoadie
Member for: 9 years 8 months

Postby shmoodiver on Wed 29/Jul/09 7:24pm

hmmmm can get a caad6 secondhand in seico red for reasonable dollars.... what's the consensus on them?
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Postby istepinyards on Wed 29/Jul/09 7:30pm

Buy it Schmoo. If you don't like it sell it :satan:
istepinyards
"I'm not arrogant, I am just better than you. That is a scientific fact."
Member for: 10 years 9 months

Postby Spokes on Wed 29/Jul/09 7:41pm

I had a Caad 5 and liked it. I was not to keen on the corrosion though. If it looks ok and cheap then why not? Does it have the matching fork? How muchy? Size?
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby shmoodiver on Wed 29/Jul/09 7:42pm

yeah, it's a 54 too, and apparently i has a long femur so a 54 with the seat jacked is gonna be my best fit.
dunno on dollars yet, but he's one of my customers... he's kinda attached to it tho
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Wed 29/Jul/09 7:56pm

:) I had a Caad 3....does that count? Thought not. I never built it up anyway.

(I think new all aluminium Cannondales are over priced for what is a long running style with little development in the cheapest material to build a frame with)
FLATULENTFRIEND
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 9 years 1 month

Postby Spokes on Wed 29/Jul/09 9:22pm

So what do you want?

Carbon yummyness? Alloy cheapness?

Any brand?
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby shmoodiver on Wed 29/Jul/09 10:20pm

unfortunately i am a jew of irish decent on a bike mechanics wage backpaying income tax from when i was a courier so...
shmoodiver

Postby briiii on Wed 29/Jul/09 10:32pm

who has recently acquired a handbrake :lol:
briiii
"I'm a bikesexual"
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby shmoodiver on Wed 29/Jul/09 10:34pm

:love:
shmoodiver

Cycling | Post Your Bike | Road Cycling | Road Racing - Latest Posts