Re: Things That Make You Go W00t

Postby dwgknz on Tue 8/Aug/17 7:05am

Interesting #bikelife article from London http://www.huckmagazine.com/ride/bikes/bikestormz-movement-cycling-bikelife-survival-london/

I've always been quite negative about these groups, always believing they're part of the growing number thefts, but it's actually a pretty harmless activity for most of these kids.

To be fair to them, in all the pictures I've seen of the groups in New Zealand none of them are riding the types of bikes that are disappearing from lock-ups and garages, just Merida hardtails from lampposts!

I guess if bikes means that more of them are going to make it through their teens and twenties without jail or being stabbed and shot I'm all for it.
dwgknz
Member for: 5 years 6 months

Postby dwgknz on Tue 8/Aug/17 7:06am

And yeah I know all the bridges are incorrectly named!
dwgknz

Postby 13daza on Thu 10/Aug/17 10:13pm

New (well almost new) car day tomorrow

Im over having to fix my own cars especially now I only have one working arm for the next six months or so ,our 18 year old car showed the first signs of impending self destruction last week and I cant be arsed spending a grand in parts on a $1500 car and crippling myself even further trying to fix it.
The decision was made to buy a really late model car so we dont have to stuff around with cars anymore ,we can afford it, I have been putting it off partly because being in the trade I have always fixed up shitters and driven them into the ground but mostly because there have been more important things to spend money on (like bikes :sly: ).
I was going to buy second hand but after looking around we were considering new as low km late model cars are bugger all in price from some of the lower end of the market cars .We were cruising round a car yard looking at a new Lancer GSR when a dude parks his new looking Lancer next to us and shakes hand of the salesman (who was coming over to see us), I happened to overhear that he got $18500 as a trade in on a new Pajero suddenly needed because his wife is now expecting twins on top of their existing two kids :crazy: .
I had a quick look at the car while they were off sorting things out only 13500km on the clock and mint as (best time to look at a car because the groomers havent had a chance to work their magic), when the sales guy come back after handing over the keys of the Pajero to the guy, I cheekily offered him $19000 subject to a satisfactory test drive ..... we settled on $19500 with two free services a full tank of fuel and a few extras ,suffice to say the test drive was most satisfactory .... in fact it drove and felt like a new car still has 4 1/2 years under warranty .
Not bad for the identical car to the new one we were eyeing up for 25000 ,except its six months old ,had the big chunk of depreciation happened already and someone else got to suck up all the toxic "new car smell" chemicals ;)
13daza
Member for: 4 years 5 months

Postby Conners on Fri 11/Aug/17 10:49am

That's awesome - love it when those right place right time things happen.

Reminds me of when I bought my last MTB. Email to my LBS saying "when is it looking like you will have stock of the new model year Trance's?" resulted in a "in two months time, I have mine ordered already - do you want to by my barely ridden current model for less than half of its retail value?". Why yes, yes I do....
Conners
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Fri 11/Aug/17 11:09am

Fancy putting a date on that anecdote? ;)
Velocipedestrian
"Now bicycles were never made for pale green pants to ride 'em. Especially spooky pale green pants with nobody inside 'em."
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby Conners on Fri 11/Aug/17 11:59am

Velocipedestrian wrote:Fancy putting a date on that anecdote? ;)

:lol:

Sometime around 2007/2008.......? :paranoid: (model year 2007 bike anyway, from memory it was actually the first of the Trance X's that I was inquiring about)
Conners
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Sat 12/Aug/17 6:44pm

Woot!
IMG_20170812_141820.jpg
Velocipedestrian
"Now bicycles were never made for pale green pants to ride 'em. Especially spooky pale green pants with nobody inside 'em."
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby shmoodiver on Sat 26/Aug/17 6:59pm

Briii + big day at the gorge = crushed it.
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Postby dwgknz on Mon 28/Aug/17 9:39am

It feels like Shmoos gorge riding is the only thing keeping this thread alive.... :(
dwgknz

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Mon 28/Aug/17 10:15am

No sooking in this thread plz
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal
Member for: 16 years 1 month

Postby shmoodiver on Wed 30/Aug/17 8:08am

Shop is 3 today.
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Postby Dougal on Wed 30/Aug/17 8:20am

shmoodiver wrote:Shop is 3 today.

Congrats. Has it started listening yet?
Dougal
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Postby shmoodiver on Wed 30/Aug/17 9:13am

More than Ms 3.75 and Ms 2.25
shmoodiver

Postby ShoreBoy on Wed 30/Aug/17 3:22pm

$800 car I bought almost 4 years ago passed yet another WOF with no warnings.
ShoreBoy
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Postby shmoodiver on Thu 31/Aug/17 5:47pm

No hd4 so stylie gave me a brand spankers Ripley LS, Full build, to use while I wait.
shmoodiver

Sifting - Latest Posts