Re: Things That Make You Go W00t

Postby Velocipedestrian on Mon 20/Mar/17 12:22pm

beater32 wrote:No more nappies, ever. Well until I need them anyway.

Lucky you.
Velocipetite is still filling them, and no doubt number two will bring their fair share of number two...
Velocipedestrian
"Now bicycles were never made for pale green pants to ride 'em. Especially spooky pale green pants with nobody inside 'em."
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Postby dwgknz on Mon 20/Mar/17 12:29pm

Velocipedestrian wrote:
beater32 wrote:No more nappies, ever. Well until I need them anyway.

Lucky you.
Velocipetite is still filling them, and no doubt number two will bring their fair share of number two...

Congrats on number two Velociped!

We're down to a night time one only. We've just finished a big box my wife got a while back so it's been months since I bought them. I was standing in New World yesterday trying to work out what flavour we get, that's a first in 7 years!
dwgknz
Member for: 4 years 11 months

Postby shmoodiver on Mon 20/Mar/17 6:01pm

Caught some bike theives today.
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby MattV on Mon 20/Mar/17 6:42pm

Did you get to put the boot into them?
MattV
"If the world was how it should be, maybe I could get some sleep"
Member for: 12 years 9 months

Postby lubie on Tue 21/Mar/17 8:31am

shmoodiver wrote:Caught some bike theives today.

:thumbsup: kick 'em in the 'nads??
lubie
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby philstar on Tue 21/Mar/17 2:55pm

shmoodiver wrote:Caught some bike theives today.

:thumbsup:

how? did the constabulary get involved?
philstar
"misanthropic"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby shmoodiver on Tue 21/Mar/17 6:19pm

Yup. Called the cops. Snatch and run from in front of my shop, heard it happen so gave chase, caught him, called cops, 13 years old.... letter of apology FFS.
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Postby lubie on Tue 21/Mar/17 7:13pm

hire him? oh wait... underage. dumb.
lubie
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby swtchbckr on Thu 23/Mar/17 9:59am

W00t to actually getting a ride in last night when the Port Hills were totally socked in by drizzle. Headed over to Gebbies Pass and found it clear and dry, riding to the Packhorse, the drizzle set in on the open section to the hut and back but was sweet as under the forest and was dry for the 2nd half back out to the car...
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 12 years 11 months

Postby UZUMATI on Thu 23/Mar/17 10:54am

Funnily enough it was misty in makara last night too (the karori micro-climate for you). we were commenting that it was actually quite enjoyable. trails are holding up well but was a tad dark through the forest at the bottom. better go find the lights, cant wait for daylight savings :( sigh....singlespeed was easy as to tidy up for its next spin, bring on the nats and all its stoopidity...
UZUMATI
Member for: 10 years 8 months

Postby dwgknz on Tue 9/May/17 1:09pm

Giant already sent a replacement frame through to the shop for my cracked Anthem. Same colour too!
dwgknz

Postby Velocipedestrian on Tue 9/May/17 2:49pm

Nice one.
They must like you, still waiting for the dropper...
Velocipedestrian
"Now bicycles were never made for pale green pants to ride 'em. Especially spooky pale green pants with nobody inside 'em."
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Postby dwgknz on Wed 10/May/17 4:17pm

Giant were quick on the warranty. Just picked up bike with full new frame, thought they'd only replace the front but new rear triangle too.
dwgknz

Postby Rik on Thu 11/May/17 9:07am

Fitting mudguards to my everything bike last night, I needed to fashion a threaded bracket for one side at the rear. There is a certain joy to the feeling of a tap cutting a set of threads into virgin metal.
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 8 months

Postby shmoodiver on Thu 11/May/17 6:51pm

Rik wrote:Fitting mudguards to my everything bike last night, I needed to fashion a threaded bracket for one side at the rear. There is a certain joy to the feeling of a tap cutting a set of threads into virgin metal.

surely you'd already drilled it?
shmoodiver

Sifting - Latest Posts