Re: Things That Make You Lol

Postby dwgknz on Wed 7/Dec/16 11:31am

dwgknz
Member for: 4 years 7 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Wed 7/Dec/16 3:16pm

Wow, that one's been recycled a long time.
Still a goodie.
Velocipedestrian
"Vorb Trophy Husband of the year 2015"
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Postby Klarkash-ton on Wed 7/Dec/16 3:38pm

we had that happen to us in a Waitrose carpark a few years back. Lady in a Range Rover reversed into our normally parked Mazda hard enough to shunt it three metres. She didn't write as much as that.

Since the UK has more security cameras than people we were sure that something would get done, so reported it to the police. They got footage from Waitrose that clearly showed the incident, but they couldn't make out the whole licence plate. Apparently a description of driver, a partial plate plus the make and model of the car isn't enough information!
Last edited by Klarkash-ton on Thu 8/Dec/16 11:18am, edited 1 time in total.
Klarkash-ton
"I ride to support my eating habit"
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby dwgknz on Wed 7/Dec/16 4:28pm

Should've staked out the place for a few days, hardly like she was going to start going to Tesco's or Sainsbury's.

We lived on a narrow terraced street for years in London and people just didn't GAF about swiping your car. Rented a van once to move into that house and the guys who delivered the bed must of let their truck door swing into it and gouge a hole. Rang the company straight away and they said if I didn't have any proof they weren't responsible. They were the only ones who could of possibly done it to.

I scraped up against a car once backing out of nursery. Took some paint off the other cars bumper. Left a note on the car. Guy rang me the next day to thank me for the note and not to worry about the scrape.....
dwgknz

Postby 13daza on Wed 7/Dec/16 8:48pm

last year someone backed their Mazda into our Volvo and scratched the bumper ( more of a left their paint behind scratch to be fair as it buffed out quite well ) .Being a good honest Swedish car it confiscated their bumper and number plate which were returned to them in due course ..... it was a somewhat awkward converstation
13daza
Member for: 3 years 6 months

Postby 13daza on Wed 14/Dec/16 10:15pm

Went out for a cruisy ride with the boy tonight we did a little loop of about 20 ks odd out of town then cut back through a bit of town on our way back home via another little loop when we rode through the "rough end of town" a couple of kids about my sons age were going the same way ,and as we wernt in a particular rush they were able to tag along as we headed out again the pace picked up to about 20 and one of the boys decided it was a race and with what must have been a monumental effort on his beat up rusty warehouse mountain bike he finally got by after chasing us down for about 100 meters he stayed in front for about another 50 before he blew up and pulled off onto the footpath gasping for breath amid much squeaking of bearings and dry chains .
I told him well done as we passed and he shot us a huge smile obviously pleased with his achievement of beating the kid with the flash bike and gears. We got up the road a bit and I asked Ethan why he didn't take off when the other kid tried to pass him (since he could have easily got away from him) and he goes "Nah I didnt need to win today Dad but that other kid looked pretty happy with himself and thats cool"
13daza
Member for: 3 years 6 months

Postby lubie on Thu 15/Dec/16 7:47am

:lol:
lubie
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby dwgknz on Tue 27/Dec/16 6:17pm

The carthetic feeling of taking something back.

Just had a run in with the owner of the local Mitre 10 Mega. Was an a'hole to my wife because she was parked in the loading area waiting for me to buy some chairs. Kept on giving her dirty looks, she asked why, he went nuts. She said we should just take the stuff back, he took the bait and ordered (he actually ordered her back in the store) to take the stuff back. First I knew I was walking out with $1,000 dollars of outdoor chairs being told to take them back in by this little fool.

So I got my money back. Then I went home and put any unopened stuff I could find from Mitre 10 back in the car to get another $2,000 back (bought a BBQ, table and stuff for a shade sail in the last week). The lady asked why I was returning it was it faulty, I just said nah Vincent wants it all back! :D

A few staff members said sorry but couldn't say anything cause he was the boss. Just told them we wouldn't be back.

So if your shopping at M10 Kapiti the staff are great but the owners a cunzor!
dwgknz

Postby AgrAde on Tue 27/Dec/16 6:57pm

:lol:
AgrAde
Member for: 13 years 10 months

Conners
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby Rik on Wed 11th Jan 10:12am

Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby dwgknz on Wed 18th Jan 12:19am

15965148_1831004827185508_6611470861765343778_n.jpg
dwgknz

Postby el_booto on Wed 18th Jan 1:33pm

tumblr_ojvc8pTRVQ1rhpn4yo1_500.jpg
el_booto
"Don't let anyone say "the world is your oyster" the world is not an oyster..."
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Postby AgrAde on Wed 18th Jan 4:12pm

One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
AgrAde
Member for: 13 years 10 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Wed 18th Jan 4:58pm

Baaahahaaa :D
Velocipedestrian
"Vorb Trophy Husband of the year 2015"
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Food | Sifting - Latest Posts