Re: Things I Hate.

Postby Conners on Sun 28/Oct/18 8:51pm

Olives yes, barbs no.

I think the worst bit is that I’d checked the markings on the boxes when they arrived but only had a quick squizz inside at the time. Didn’t realise they weren’t right until today - which is four days after they arrived. Could’ve almost had a replacement by now...
Conners
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Sun 28/Oct/18 9:14pm

Stink bro.
They're usually really quick to remedy their mistakes.
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal
Member for: 16 years 5 months

Postby Conners on Fri 2/Nov/18 9:40am

Astoria Paranoia wrote:Stink bro.

Hmmmmm. 5 days on and struggling to get an answer on what the resolution will be.

Been various email back and forwards between me and one of their general customer service guys, who while is very helpful can't actually resolve the problem and is playing middle man with their investigation team. Investigation was supposed to take 3 days (review of parts availability and location), its now been 5.

Live chat session this morning, end result was "I can't actually answer this, but someone will get back in touch within 24 hours".

Stock showing as available for either a right hand lever or a whole new unit.

So I'm patiently waiting with my fingers crossed.
Conners
"Seeing Double"

Postby Velocipedestrian on Fri 2/Nov/18 9:53am

So no fresh brakes for the weekend.
Bummer.
Velocipedestrian
"Now bicycles were never made for pale green pants to ride 'em. Especially spooky pale green pants with nobody inside 'em."
Member for: 12 years 3 months

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Fri 2/Nov/18 9:57am

Conners wrote:

Hmmmmm. 5 days on and struggling to get an answer on what the resolution will be.

Been various email back and forwards between me and one of their general customer service guys, who while is very helpful can't actually resolve the problem and is playing middle man with their investigation team. Investigation was supposed to take 3 days (review of parts availability and location), its now been 5.

Live chat session this morning, end result was "I can't actually answer this, but someone will get back in touch within 24 hours".

You ordered them correctly right?
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal

Postby Conners on Fri 2/Nov/18 10:33am

Astoria Paranoia wrote:
Conners wrote:

You ordered them correctly right?

Yip, definitely - that was my initial worry.
The boxes are what I ordered, the contents don't match the box.
Conners
"Seeing Double"

Postby Conners on Fri 2/Nov/18 10:39am

Left - Long hose.jpg

Right - Short hose.jpg
Conners
"Seeing Double"

Postby Conners on Fri 2/Nov/18 10:15pm

Live chat to the rescue. Turns out that a crucial email wasn't delivered on Sunday (I've been having sporadic email issues) which told me to return the incorrect unit for a credit, and to reorder.

What are the chances of Vodafone's redirection service on their old paradise email (which has been working fine for 12 months) failing riiiiiiiiight on that critical day? I had a niggling feeling that this was going to be a contributing factor in this whole saga :angry:

I knew CRC would be onto it, glad its sorted. So now I get to go through the excitement phase of another order :lol: (and the paranoid phase of waiting for a credit to come through for the return.... :paranoid: )
Conners
"Seeing Double"

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Fri 2/Nov/18 10:25pm

Ah bugger it didn't get to them coz they're usually really onto it.

Last time they made an error they just gave me voucher codes for the value of the item as I was about to make another order.
Much faster than waiting for credit.
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal

Postby Conners on Sat 3/Nov/18 9:42am

To be honest I was hoping for some kind of instant voucher/account credit type deal. I reordered last night, so fingers crossed for another brake before next weekend. And a credit once the original gets back to them.

Weather is absolute poo here anyway today, so will be a good time to strip and check pivot bearings rather than ride anyway...
Conners
"Seeing Double"

Postby Conners on Sun 4/Nov/18 7:26pm

Conners wrote:Olives yes, barbs no.

I lied. Found olive AND barb when I fully opened everything up today while installing the rear brake. And one of those nifty allen head bolt locker clamp jobbies. All the bells and whistles.
Conners
"Seeing Double"

Postby Velocipedestrian on Sun 4/Nov/18 9:05pm

Conners wrote:one of those nifty allen head bolt locker clamp jobbies. All the bells and whistles.

A pad retaining bolt?
Velocipedestrian
"Now bicycles were never made for pale green pants to ride 'em. Especially spooky pale green pants with nobody inside 'em."
Member for: 12 years 3 months

Postby Conners on Sun 4/Nov/18 9:45pm

Velocipedestrian wrote:
Conners wrote:one of those nifty allen head bolt locker clamp jobbies. All the bells and whistles.

A pad retaining bolt?

Haha no, just the plastic clip that you put over one of the caliper bolts to stop it rotating.
A02EFC6C-4100-4184-A5E5-4C00CC9B6995.jpeg

Oh, but yes to the pad retaining bolt :D
Conners
"Seeing Double"

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Sun 4/Nov/18 11:16pm

Wow people actually use those?
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal