Re: Things I Hate.

Postby Wobbler on Mon 11/Dec/17 12:42pm

el_booto wrote:
Wobbler wrote:
Velocipedestrian wrote:
Wobbler wrote:troy lee xc gloves changing fit with generations, the sprint gloves have the same problem on my hand, too tight around the pinky/next finger over gap. Tried 2 different size of the xc and its either too tight overall or tight in that spot and loose everywhere else

i dont want to try and find new gloves :(

Boo! Those are my go-to reliable. I hope the spare pair I got last crc order still fit right.

The airs seem to fit closer to the old xc, not my gloves preference but I tried a bunch of options today and they were all pretty zzzzy

i crossed over from the XC to the ace, no diff in sizing

old xc or new dumb xc?

dwgknz - I ran a large on the old xc, large on the new airs seems to work out pretty good
Wobbler
User avatarMedal
Member for: 12 years 11 months

Postby el_booto on Mon 11/Dec/17 1:58pm

Wobbler wrote:
el_booto wrote:
Wobbler wrote:
Velocipedestrian wrote:
Wobbler wrote:troy lee xc gloves changing fit with generations, the sprint gloves have the same problem on my hand, too tight around the pinky/next finger over gap. Tried 2 different size of the xc and its either too tight overall or tight in that spot and loose everywhere else

i dont want to try and find new gloves :(

Boo! Those are my go-to reliable. I hope the spare pair I got last crc order still fit right.

The airs seem to fit closer to the old xc, not my gloves preference but I tried a bunch of options today and they were all pretty zzzzy

i crossed over from the XC to the ace, no diff in sizing

old xc or new dumb xc?

OG and secondish gen (with half a towel on the back of the thumb) haven't tried the new ones but they look average
el_booto
"Don't let anyone say "the world is your oyster" the world is not an oyster..."
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby mudguard on Thu 14/Dec/17 6:43pm

Two days of shuttling make 1 week old brakes look older than than 5 year old brakes they replaced. :(
mudguard
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby Dougal on Tue 6th Feb 8:32pm

I hate finding weevil grubs in the packet of a peanut slab I've just finished eating.

:cry:
Dougal
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Tue 6th Feb 8:44pm

Ew
Velocipedestrian
"Now bicycles were never made for pale green pants to ride 'em. Especially spooky pale green pants with nobody inside 'em."
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby AgrAde on Tue 6th Feb 11:14pm

Turned my derailleur into a pile of twisted metal, broke a bunch of spokes and fucked up my rear rim today :(
AgrAde
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Tue 6th Feb 11:24pm

Obviously you need ENVEs.
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal
Member for: 16 years 2 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Wed 7th Feb 8:29am

So he can cry harder when he smashes them?

Stink collection of smash AgrAde, instead of Enve, perhaps Zerode?
(I'm assuming the derailleur broke the spokes etc)
Velocipedestrian
"Now bicycles were never made for pale green pants to ride 'em. Especially spooky pale green pants with nobody inside 'em."

Postby swtchbckr on Wed 7th Feb 11:02am

my mate with ENVEs is the only one who ever does this to his wheels, so, no i dont think he needs ENVEs
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Fri 9th Feb 9:21am

Camelbak bladder splitting when packing my fanny.
Then having to ride with a sweaty backpack... First time since I got the Enduro purse I've used a full bag - I really don't like it.

It's off to the warranty department, fingers crossed for a post in the w00t thread.
Velocipedestrian

Postby Velocipedestrian on Thu 22nd Feb 8:10am

Well, w00t for the warranty.... But man, this thing is the ugliest.
Velocipedestrian

Postby Conners on Thu 22nd Feb 8:38am

Velocipedestrian wrote:Well, w00t for the warranty.... But man, this thing is the ugliest.

That ticks all the #enduro boxes though, Shirley?
Conners
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Thu 22nd Feb 2:22pm

Yeah, it does.

The only race I've ever 'entered' was a local enduro, but I don't see it happening again.

I'm far too much of a curmudgeon for crowds like that, maybe the colour scheme will help keep me isolated in the bush.
Velocipedestrian

Postby dwgknz on Wed 27th Jun 5:17pm

Online stores that say they have something in stuck only to find after purchasing that it's dispatched from the distributer and they take 5 days not 2.

Compared to a small engineering firm in Alexandra who can get me a bb in less than 24 hours during a cold snap!
dwgknz
Member for: 5 years 7 months

Postby Dougal on Tue 17th Jul 11:45am

Stopped in Ashvegas for dinner with a (2006) bike on the roof. At the end of the journey I find some loser had tried to steal it.

The unlockable straps holding the bike to the roof-rack were undone.
The unlockable clamp holding the roof-rack to the roof-bars were undone.
The locked main clamp (bike to rack), rack to roof-bars and roof-bars to car thwarted it.

Said loser in frustration at not being able to steal bike alone or bike with roof-rack. Dented the roof of my car. :angry:
Dougal
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Sifting - Latest Posts