Re: Things I Hate.

Postby jo on Fri 18th Aug 3:43pm

It sounds like POC are willing.
We have shown our flexibility and willingness to find the best solution for all, most recently by agreeing that some athletes at the Olympics could chose to use their team sponsors equipment, instead of POC. Without hesitation we are willing to consider all possibilities and avenues to ensure that Jenny Rissveds and other athletes are free to compete at the Championships and welcome the chance to support our athletes.

Is the real problem a history of bad blood between J Rissveds and the Swedish national body suggested in the original pinkbike piece (which I cant seem to find now)?
jo
"Windy"
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby jo on Fri 18th Aug 3:46pm

Also - this ->
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/manon-car ... -2017.html

A shame for such a talented athlete, and totally understand why some of that stuff seems rather risky. :blink:
jo
"Windy"

Postby swtchbckr on Mon 21st Aug 10:11am

Fucking car thieves...

our precious Subaru was stolen last night from outside our house. fucking little mongshitforbraincunzors

keep any eye out for it? or not, if they've thrashed and trashed it we'd probably rather just get the insurance, not that that's much.
Twas a burgundy/silver 1996 Subie Grand Wagon Legacy. rear side windows tinted. APN359. only had 227000kms on it! recently new tires, cambelt, etc... ANNOYING
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby jo on Mon 21st Aug 4:56pm

That. Is. Sh*t. :(

Hopefully it turns up soon (the vehicle of choice for armed robbery).
jo
"Windy"

Postby shmoodiver on Thu 31st Aug 5:45pm

Still no hd4... But that leads to a woot
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Postby 13daza on Sun 3rd Sep 8:14pm

Being tailgated in traffic all the way over Rimutakas from Featherston by a cunzor with FTHSTN4LIFE across the top of the windscreen on his 1500 imprezza pile of shit
13daza
Member for: 3 years 7 months

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Sun 3rd Sep 9:03pm

I hope you were varying your speed between -5 and +5 of the limit.
Astoria Paranoia
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby philstar on Mon 4th Sep 1:16pm

Astoria Paranoia wrote:I hope you were varying your speed between -5 and +5 of the limit.

shat is the speed limit over the Rimutakas?
philstar
"misanthropic"
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Postby 13daza on Mon 4th Sep 11:17pm

The speed limit is technically 100 (good luck) we were stuck behind a few cars and a van in front doing about 65-70ish not fast, but not dragging their heels either he was exceptionally aggressive too sitting about four feet off the rear bumper most of the time ,I was happier to have him behind me than sitting in front tailgating the little old ladies there .
I just personally dislike tailgaters, back in the bad old days in West Auckland we used to slam on the brakes to see if they were awake, tailgating was viewed along the lines of knocking over someones beer at the pub to get their attention while looking for a fight ....whilst sorely tempted on Sunday my wife and parents would have frowned upon such an action especially in our shiny almost new car .
13daza
Member for: 3 years 7 months

Postby philstar on Tue 5th Sep 1:33pm

13daza wrote:The speed limit is technically 100 (good luck) we were stuck behind a few cars and a van in front doing about 65-70ish not fast, but not dragging their heels either he was exceptionally aggressive too sitting about four feet off the rear bumper most of the time ,I was happier to have him behind me than sitting in front tailgating the little old ladies there .
I just personally dislike tailgaters, back in the bad old days in West Auckland we used to slam on the brakes to see if they were awake, tailgating was viewed along the lines of knocking over someones beer at the pub to get their attention while looking for a fight ....whilst sorely tempted on Sunday my wife and parents would have frowned upon such an action especially in our shiny almost new car .

I love the scene in lost highway about tail gating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5I7lXV9b88

the thing that pisses me off about tailgaters is they are the type of people who on an empty road (with passing lane) will pass you and cut-in in-front of you too close. its one thing that they do it out of spite if you speed up in a passing lane, but doing it out of ignorance.
philstar
"misanthropic"

Postby foxtrot on Tue 5th Sep 3:36pm

Tom Cruise
foxtrot
Member for: 2 months 2 weeks

Postby dwgknz on Tue 5th Sep 6:41pm

foxtrot wrote:Tom Cruise

I respect that someone joined up just to post that.
dwgknz
Member for: 4 years 8 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Wed 6th Sep 4:27pm

Zipping while heading back to my bike at the top of carparts, middle aged beginner tootles down....

White whine - now I gotta give him time to clear the track.
Velocipedestrian
"Vorb Trophy Husband of the year 2015"
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Postby philstar on Thu 7th Sep 3:40pm

Velocipedestrian wrote:Zipping while heading back to my bike at the top of carparts, middle aged beginner tootles down....

White whine - now I gotta give him time to clear the track.

I hate it when you are doing this and some other person comes along and tootles down the track too :(
philstar
"misanthropic"

Postby EoinC on Fri 8th Sep 8:14am

13daza wrote:Being tailgated in traffic all the way over Rimutakas from Featherston by a cunzor with FTHSTN4LIFE across the top of the windscreen on his 1500 imprezza pile of shit

Over here in Malaysia, tailgating is mandatory. If you can't count the number of freckles on the back of the neck of the driver in front, another driver, whose freckles you can count, will insert their vehicle into the copious waste space you have created in front. Speed and road conditions are irrelevant to the equation.
EoinC
Member for: 7 years 3 months

Sifting - Latest Posts