Re: Things I Hate.

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Thu 6th Jul 7:20pm

dwgknz wrote:How are they claiming that though? My Giant cracked through there and everyone just scratched their head and couldn't work out how it happened.

You're just as stumped as we are.
Haven't checked it myself but he said that there's no dent.
Going to take it to a carbon fabricator for a professional opinion.
He's so careful with his bike and is quite risk adverse when it comes to riding it.
The last person that would put too much through a frame but of course they're not going to believe that.
Astoria Paranoia
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby Wobbler on Thu 6th Jul 7:40pm

I reckon its the seatpost stress is making it flex hardout around there and fucking it

because they made a shitty bike

I dunno how the fuck anyone can look at it and call it impact related
Wobbler
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby shmoodiver on Thu 6th Jul 8:40pm

most of the Norco's that come through my shop are cracked....
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Postby Wobbler on Thu 6th Jul 11:21pm

lots of impact damage obv
Wobbler
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby banga on Sat 8th Jul 6:13pm

Astoria Paranoia wrote:
dwgknz wrote:How are they claiming that though? My Giant cracked through there and everyone just scratched their head and couldn't work out how it happened.

You're just as stumped as we are.
Haven't checked it myself but he said that there's no dent.
Going to take it to a carbon fabricator for a professional opinion.
He's so careful with his bike and is quite risk adverse when it comes to riding it.
The last person that would put too much through a frame but of course they're not going to believe that.

Pretty common for them to go there, there's a thread on MTBR about broken Sights- might help convince Marleens it's not operator inflicted.
banga
Member for: 14 years 7 months

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Sat 8th Jul 6:33pm

Sweet, I'll do a little research and forward it to him.
Astoria Paranoia
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby AgrAde on Sat 8th Jul 6:37pm

I haven't seen it in person but you can see from the photo that the paint was immaculate before the shit frame just exploded underenath. He'd be the last dude I'd ever expect to break a frame too, really careful and smooth. He borrowed my bike and only got through about half the travel...

Makes me frikken mad after all the shit he went through to get the last one covered under warranty.
AgrAde
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby 13daza on Thu 13th Jul 8:59pm

I hate that Im impatient and couldn't wait five more minutes for my mate to arrive and help me lift a 90kg wooden beam up onto some poles, when it slipped whilst maneuvering it into position (by myself) and fell my rotator cuff tore and also took a chunk off the bone in my shoulder ,cant work, cant ride ,will need operation and potentially months off work .And just to make sure the wife is properly (although sympathetically) grumpy it sounds like op will be very close to when our already booked and paid for trip to Raro is supposed to happen ....very sucky

I also hate that my mate arrived as Im getting up off the deck (after writhing in agony for a while) and said "geez dude you should've waited" .... Cheers mate (he is a good mate though he rung another friend and they put up the beam and tidied up for me while I was busy with the docs ;) )
13daza
Member for: 3 years 8 months

Postby EoinC on Fri 14th Jul 7:36am

13daza wrote:I hate that Im impatient and couldn't wait five more minutes for my mate to arrive and help me lift a 90kg wooden beam up onto some poles, when it slipped whilst maneuvering it into position (by myself) and fell my rotator cuff tore and also took a chunk off the bone in my shoulder ,cant work, cant ride ,will need operation and potentially months off work .And just to make sure the wife is properly (although sympathetically) grumpy it sounds like op will be very close to when our already booked and paid for trip to Raro is supposed to happen ....very sucky

I also hate that my mate arrived as Im getting up off the deck (after writhing in agony for a while) and said "geez dude you should've waited" .... Cheers mate (he is a good mate though he rung another friend and they put up the beam and tidied up for me while I was busy with the docs ;) )

That is very sucky, indeed. I hope it all progresses better than expected.
EoinC
Member for: 7 years 3 months

Postby doogee on Sat 22nd Jul 7:29am

Velocipedestrian wrote:And further on the android...
I hate websites with geographical redirects.
Anyone got a trick for visiting io9.com rather than Gizmodo?
I've clicked every deny location access button I can find, cleared every cache and told Google apps to gtfo etc...

A brother wants his preference of pop science news, not the shitty diluted version.

It's a server side redirect so you have to use a VPN (e.g. Hola) to pretend you're in the US. You could try a browser proxy like https://hide.me/en/proxy but the experience may suck due to scripts breaking etc.
doogee
Member for: 3 years 1 month

Postby AgrAde on Mon 31st Jul 6:18pm

My garage door spring blasted a hole in my ceiling. It even dented my roof.
The new bracket is much larger than the last one that broke and according to Dominator is "less lethal" than the ones I had. :lol:
20424305_1448295141860681_2554967537977686560_o.jpg
AgrAde
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby swtchbckr on Thu 3rd Aug 11:52am

Best mate of 34 years (since week 1, Third Form, 1984) died yesterday. :(
Heart Attack. he was only 46. healthy. cycled everywhere. and a true humanitarian. Chapter President of Bikes for Humanity, and worked at Good Cycles in Melbourne. Life's not fair! why do good people like him die too young and arseholes like Trump go on living. piece of shit world.
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby Slapheid on Thu 3rd Aug 5:12pm

Shit, sorry to hear that Swtchbckr. Condolences man :(
Slapheid
"Good things come to those who gate."
Member for: 7 years 9 months

Postby jo on Thu 3rd Aug 5:21pm

:( That is sh*t. :(

May he rest in peace.
jo
"Windy"
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby ShoreBoy on Tue 8th Aug 10:02pm

Other Aucklanders jumping up and down to whinge about the traffic.
You live in Auckland. Deal with it. Or move.
ShoreBoy
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Sifting - Latest Posts