There's Great Mountain Biking In Wales

Postby b_man on Fri 25/May/07 11:37pm

Just thought I would let all you Vorbii's know that the quality of Mountain Biking in Wales in superb, we have recently moved here from Tauranga and the tracks are plentiful, fast and lots of different types, within 10 miles, (14kn) there are about 7 tracks, I am more into DH and there are about 4 purpose built DH tracks and plenty of Dirt Jumps.

If anyone is considering a tripto the UK come and ride in Wales, it is grouse. Send me a PM if you need a guide.
DSCF2826web.jpg
b_man
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Postby OneTrackMind on Fri 25/May/07 11:41pm

Affan (can't remember the funny welsh spelling) is great too. Went there twice and loved it both times.

The trails we found in Wales and Scotland seemed to be of a very high standard, and from memory the wales ones we rode were funded by the local windfarm, and I think the scottish ones had some funding from the EU.
OneTrackMind
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Afan Argoed

Postby b_man on Sat 26/May/07 1:20am

yeah that trail is Afan argoed, its by Port Talbot, I might go for a ride there in the weekend, Ive not ridden there yet...
b_man
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Postby White-Lightning on Sat 26/May/07 10:43am

we went to a purpose built place in wales and I cant remember the name but the riding was amazing really flowing well looked after trails with the odd jump and dodgy corner and they hired out fairly decent bikes too (stumpjumper hardtails)
White-Lightning
Member for: 12 years 3 months

Postby parapie on Sat 26/May/07 3:05pm

I went to coed Llandegla, pretty mean but the black track was pretty easy. It was good to see people on their Orange freeride bikes getting angrier and angrier with us on our rental kona cinder cones... Didn't get the chance to ride anywhre else though
parapie
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby rory161192 on Sat 26/May/07 3:14pm

i agree, im a pom, riden in afan forest and was blown away. if jumps and structures are your thing, you wont find many in afan i dont think. cwn carn downhill is intense!
rory161192
Member for: 11 years 5 months

Postby Grapefruit on Sat 26/May/07 3:21pm

parapie wrote: I went to coed Llandegla, pretty mean but the black track was pretty easy. It was good to see people on their Orange freeride bikes getting angrier and angrier with us on our rental kona cinder cones... Didn't get the chance to ride anywhre else though

yes rode this too, apart from being a bit skittish on some of the rocky wet surface (it was december) its a dam nice trail - although i didnt like the wooden log section - im going back in July/Aug this time with my own bike....yummy...and to do the coed y brenan tracks too!!!

www.mtbwales.co.uk
Grapefruit
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Postby parapie on Sat 26/May/07 4:28pm

yeah, that log section is pretty gnarly, and that drop structure is pretty good to.
parapie
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Cycling | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts