Re: Is There Any Good Mountain Biking In Gisborne?

Postby Screaming Jesus on Sat 4/May/13 6:17pm

I've literally just moved to Gisborne and am disappointed to here this as I love a good downhill! X country is all good too, as is roaring (so long as you don't wear too much Lycra).

Part of my job here is negotiating with the council and I can understand some of these frustrations. I don't know if I can help at all but if I can I would love to, I'm also pretty good with a shovel!

Pretty keen to check out some of your local hidden gems if anyone is keen for a ride. I've kind of resigned myself to doing more reading and bought a new frame in preparation.
Screaming Jesus
Member for: 4 years 5 months

Re: Is There Any Good Mountain Biking In Gisborne?

Postby Kiwicyclo on Sat 4/May/13 6:41pm

Screaming Jesus wrote:I've literally just moved to Gisborne and am disappointed to here this as I love a good downhill! X country is all good too, as is roaring (so long as you don't wear too much Lycra).

Part of my job here is negotiating with the council and I can understand some of these frustrations. I don't know if I can help at all but if I can I would love to, I'm also pretty good with a shovel!

Pretty keen to check out some of your local hidden gems if anyone is keen for a ride. I've kind of resigned myself to doing more reading and bought a new frame in preparation.

Heading out in the morning, 7.15 am cnr fox and ormond, 7 km seal, then gravel, then climb, climb, climb, some more climbing, then downhill, gravel, then more seal . . . . home in a couple of hours, couple paper roads, weka and yaw . . . . Sunday 5th that is.

Creek should be running nicely as well, wet feet time.

Thursday Afternoon / Evening there is a winter MTB gathering, 4.00 pm fox and Ormond, heads out to the end of a couple shingle roads (Goodwin & Riverside, Cave Rd as well possibly, can do an up and over here to Matokitoki Valley). Can turn into a smash fest if the roadie boys have a head of steam on, but good for 1000m plus of climbing and the associated down hills.

Good thing is it goes in nearly all weather conditions, but as it is roadie orientated, lycra will be in attendance.

MTB park is out at Milmore forest, apparently coming along nicely now, could do a loop on Sunday morning if you show . . . .
Kiwicyclo
"Arguing on the internet is like the special olympics, even if you win you are still retarded."
Member for: 7 years 1 month

Tramping - Latest Posts