Postby goldfish on Tue 27/Sep/05 8:39am

Tama wrote:
Now, having unprotected sex with people with scabs around their mouths - that's cool :thumbsup:

lurch is safe then by not getting any at all........ :0 :sly:
goldfish
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Postby goldfish on Tue 27/Sep/05 9:46am

damn! my bait didn't work (shunned)

- had a skull fracture more than 10 years ago when I was a munchkin - still get seizures & other associated crap from it :huh:

(like when I've been drinking too much, like last saturday night :blush: )
goldfish
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Postby nztintin on Tue 27/Sep/05 5:08pm

goldfish wrote:good CALL my muppety1 ;)

- (ignore Lurch he's just winding people up)
- SOOO many plebs/touristsaround town at the moment without helmets - gutted my tax dolalrs are going to support their years in rehab

all that tax money is going to plebs :eh: that were too braindamaged to wear a helmet in the first place!!!
nztintin
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby 3N16M4 on Tue 27/Sep/05 6:13pm

well, i wear my helmet not just because it'll probably save my life when i hit some inanimate object at 40+kph or when i high-side it swerving to miss a jay walkin flesh pylon on the street by absorbing some of the impact that would otherwise crack my skull. i wear one cos if i do fall on my noggin, i won't be sitting there for 5 mins cradling my skull in pain. i wont have to worry about ripping my scalp off my head and having to go stitch it all up again (the 'skid' part of 'skid-lid'). neither do i have to worry (too much) about concussions from medium speed collisions or wipeouts. i also can feel safe when riding down tamaki drive knowing that if i have a bottle thrown at my head by some moron in a car with his equally idiotic mates, i probably won't die instantly. Granted, a helmet doesnt necessarily prevent all injuries such as face plants onto concrete/back of a bus but it sure dramatically decreases the chances of other head injuries that you could get and save you a lot of pain and embarassment. body armour is good too but broken arms and legs are simple fixes compared to a fractured skull. Go ahead and not wear a helmet if you want to. Don't whine when the doc unwraps your skull in your hospital bed after emergency surgery to tell you you're paralysed on one side of your body because of a simple blood clot in your brain as a result of a direct impact during a collision. Don't tell me a small collision can't cause blood clots. People playing rugby and american football (with all their protective gear) get them from being tackled a little too hard. Don't expect any sympathy either. If you hurt yourself badly, it'll be a result of your negligence.
3N16M4
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby Lurch.. on Fri 30/Sep/05 3:00pm

Goldfish is gona get a schmackos around the noggin soon.
Lurch..
Member for: 16 years 8 months

Postby BeSerKa on Fri 30/Sep/05 3:21pm

well, i wear my helmet not just because it'll probably save my life when i hit some inanimate object at 40+kph or when i high-side it swerving to miss a jay walkin flesh pylon on the street by absorbing some of the impact that would otherwise crack my skull. i wear one cos if i do fall on my noggin, i won't be sitting there for 5 mins cradling my skull in pain. i wont have to worry about ripping my scalp off my head and having to go stitch it all up again (the 'skid' part of 'skid-lid'). neither do i have to worry (too much) about concussions from medium speed collisions or wipeouts. i also can feel safe when riding down tamaki drive knowing that if i have a bottle thrown at my head by some moron in a car with his equally idiotic mates, i probably won't die instantly. Granted, a helmet doesnt necessarily prevent all injuries such as face plants onto concrete/back of a bus but it sure dramatically decreases the chances of other head injuries that you could get and save you a lot of pain and embarassment. body armour is good too but broken arms and legs are simple fixes compared to a fractured skull. Go ahead and not wear a helmet if you want to. Don't whine when the doc unwraps your skull in your hospital bed after emergency surgery to tell you you're paralysed on one side of your body because of a simple blood clot in your brain as a result of a direct impact during a collision. Don't tell me a small collision can't cause blood clots. People playing rugby and american football (with all their protective gear) get them from being tackled a little too hard. Don't expect any sympathy either. If you hurt yourself badly, it'll be a result of your negligence.

Dear Jezus, Use Paragraphs @_@
BeSerKa
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Postby |ncary on Fri 30/Sep/05 3:23pm

:p
Thread-Crap-Die.jpg
|ncary
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby 3N16M4 on Fri 30/Sep/05 3:26pm

well, i wear my helmet not just because it'll probably save my life when i hit some inanimate object at 40+kph or when i high-side it swerving to miss a jay walkin flesh pylon on the street by absorbing some of the impact that would otherwise crack my skull.

i wear one cos if i do fall on my noggin, i won't be sitting there for 5 mins cradling my skull in pain. i wont have to worry about ripping my scalp off my head and having to go stitch it all up again (the 'skid' part of 'skid-lid'). neither do i have to worry (too much) about concussions from medium speed collisions or wipeouts.

i also can feel safe when riding down tamaki drive knowing that if i have a bottle thrown at my head by some moron in a car with his equally idiotic mates, i probably won't die instantly.

Granted, a helmet doesnt necessarily prevent all injuries such as face plants onto concrete/back of a bus but it sure dramatically decreases the chances of other head injuries that you could get and save you a lot of pain and embarassment. body armour is good too but broken arms and legs are simple fixes compared to a fractured skull.

Go ahead and not wear a helmet if you want to. Don't whine when the doc unwraps your skull in your hospital bed after emergency surgery to tell you you're paralysed on one side of your body because of a simple blood clot in your brain as a result of a direct impact during a collision.

Don't tell me a small collision can't cause blood clots. People playing rugby and american football (with all their protective gear) get them from being tackled a little too hard. Don't expect any sympathy either.

If you hurt yourself badly, it'll be a result of your own negligence.

Better BeSerKa? ;)
3N16M4
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby BeSerKa on Fri 30/Sep/05 3:59pm

Yea.
BeSerKa
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Postby dragon_style on Fri 30/Sep/05 4:44pm

get concussed a few times, then talk tough about not wearing a helmet

in the interests of avoiding the bad things/brain damage/possible death that they talk about after you have been concussed a few times I now wear a helmet for any sport that involves going fast (and what good sport doesn't)
dragon_style
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Cycling | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts