How do you thiink Trump is doing?

Best President ever, he's the greatest president, you'll never see a better president!
29%
I don't care
8%
OMG we're all doomed
46%
Kittenz
17%

Total voters : 24

Re: The Unofficial Vorb Trump Poll

Postby Wobbler on Sat 11th Mar 7:43am

number 4 is off the charts so compensates for anything else
Wobbler
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby philstar on Sat 11th Mar 11:55am

Wobbler wrote:number 4 is off the charts so compensates for anything else

I think you are confusing hubris for confidence

people who are truly confident do not brag about how good they are :P
philstar
"misanthropic"
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Postby Dougal on Mon 13th Mar 4:37pm

jimmi71 wrote:Thanks Dougal for making me have a think about this. Without dredging through screeds of evidence and trying to determine whether it is true or false, one of the things that bugs me most is this:
I started looking at the top 10 qualities of a great leader. There are many similar lists, but here is one from Forbes:
Honesty
Delegate
Communication
Confidence
Commitment
Creativity
Intuition
Inspire
Approach
Positive attitude
How many of these traits does Trump show?

I find it interesting that people you never hear about will write lists about why people can't do something. While that person is out there doing it and has been for decades. The academic interest shouldn't be in writing off examples that don't suit the model. The academic and intellectual interest should be in finding out why some examples succeed and then compare them to the models.

As for the list above. I honestly don't know. You need to work closely with someone for at a minimum weeks to nail them down on just some of those points. I've never even met the guy.

The simple reality is there are no perfect people for any job. Humans are all flawed and some more visibly than others. Leaders end up being those not only with the skills to pull it off, but the personalities forceful enough to pull others into line.

The end result can be polarising. You're either happy to be led by that person or you get scared and run the other way.

We're seeing lots of both.
Dougal
Member for: 14 years 6 months

International Politics | Politics | Sifting - Latest Posts