How do you thiink Trump is doing?

Best President ever, he's the greatest president, you'll never see a better president!
29%
I don't care
8%
OMG we're all doomed
46%
Kittenz
17%

Total voters : 24

Re: The Unofficial Vorb Trump Poll

Postby philstar on Mon 6th Mar 5:12pm

Dougal wrote:
Being highly geared only matters to normal people.
If you owe the bank $500k and you can't pay then you have a problem.
If you owe the bank $500M and you can't pay then they have a problem.

and that is exactly he did in the between 1991 and 2009. to take advantage is good business, to need to is not.
philstar
"misanthropic"
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Postby swtchbckr on Mon 6th Mar 5:31pm

oh, fyi, hinky = smells bad. something's not right...

found this interesting - Quora question:What's the least biased opinion of how good a president Trump will be

apparently Foreign Policy magazine... and they think Trump's hinky.
"Trump is erratic, self-absorbed, intellectually un-curious, and vindictive. And he lacks two of the most important traits a successful president must have: humility and empathy."
and that's (apparently) unbiased.

I mean, compared to Obama? Polar opposite.

Hurry up and impeach him for fucksake, America.
THEN impeach Pence.
THEN, maybe, the dysfunctional Republican Party will fuck things up so royally that the Demo's will get back in and things might be better. They'll have someone better than Hillary by that time too. "Haaaaa-dooken" (from the Bad Lip-reading Inauguration clip at 45 seconds...)
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby Wobbler on Mon 6th Mar 5:51pm

yeah lets impeach him because some sooker on the internet says so!
Wobbler
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby Dougal on Mon 6th Mar 8:59pm

swtchbckr wrote:oh, fyi, hinky = smells bad. something's not right...

found this interesting - Quora question:What's the least biased opinion of how good a president Trump will be

apparently Foreign Policy magazine... and they think Trump's hinky.
"Trump is erratic, self-absorbed, intellectually un-curious, and vindictive. And he lacks two of the most important traits a successful president must have: humility and empathy."
and that's (apparently) unbiased.

I mean, compared to Obama? Polar opposite.

Hurry up and impeach him for fucksake, America.
THEN impeach Pence.
THEN, maybe, the dysfunctional Republican Party will fuck things up so royally that the Demo's will get back in and things might be better. They'll have someone better than Hillary by that time too. "Haaaaa-dooken" (from the Bad Lip-reading Inauguration clip at 45 seconds...)

So an outfit no-one has ever heard of has psycho-analysed Trump remotely and made a 100% negative assessment.

So that's enough to get him impeached right? And Pence impeached? Then the rest will pack up and go home so Bernie will be president?

:lol:
Dougal
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Postby Dougal on Mon 6th Mar 8:59pm

philstar wrote:and that is exactly he did in the between 1991 and 2009. to take advantage is good business, to need to is not.

How did your business do from 91-09?
Dougal

Postby philstar on Mon 6th Mar 9:09pm

Dougal wrote:
philstar wrote:and that is exactly he did in the between 1991 and 2009. to take advantage is good business, to need to is not.

How did your business do from 91-09?

shitty, but i don't claim to be a good business man :)
philstar
"misanthropic"

Postby swtchbckr on Mon 6th Mar 11:21pm

Dougal wrote:So an outfit no-one has ever heard of has psycho-analysed Trump remotely and made a 100% negative assessment.

So that's enough to get him impeached right? And Pence impeached?

No. An outfit YOU've never heard of...
Besides, that's not the reason he needs to be impeached. Impeach him because he's a criminal and a liar. Impeach him for conflicts of interest. Impeach him for Russia. Impeach him for accusing Obama of failure and of bugging. Impeach him because he's a fucktard. The greatest fucktard ever.

As for Pence. Ugh, where do you even start with that God bothering misogynistic sociopath?

But, but, I still don't understand how you can actually defend the man? What the fuck am I missing?

Wobbler I can understand, he's the classic troll-cum-devil's-advocate-for-a-laugh, but Dougal? Really??

You're just messing with me, right?
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby Dougal on Mon 6th Mar 11:53pm

swtchbckr wrote:You're just messing with me, right?

Well not just with you. This election has been the best and most entertaining drama ever. I'll happily discuss it with anyone.

So regarding that psycho-analysis. If you dig into the source article, it's a quote by "all of trumps opponents".
all of trumps opponents wrote:Last year, all of Trump’s opponents — in the Republican primary, and Obama and Clinton during the general election — agreed on one thing: that he is temperamentally (and many would drop the “temper”) unfit to be leader of the free world.

Just in case anyone was mistaking it for real journalism or a professional head readers report: http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/02/19/pre ... port-card/

swtchbckr wrote:Besides, that's not the reason he needs to be impeached. Impeach him because he's a criminal and a liar. Impeach him for conflicts of interest. Impeach him for Russia. Impeach him for accusing Obama of failure and of bugging. Impeach him because he's a fucktard. The greatest fucktard ever.

As for Pence. Ugh, where do you even start with that God bothering misogynistic sociopath?

So we've established you don't like the guy. Fair enough. Don't hold back. Tell us what you really think!

Pence is an interesting one. I don't believe he is the hard core christian that he pertains to be. I think he's an atheist who is using the hard core christian cover to (extremely successfully) troll that segment of the population for votes. He took the charade far enough to advocate for an extreme bill which had no chance of passing but gained him a lot of publicity and support from that hard-core christian segment. Damned if I can remember right now what that bill was about though.

But can we discuss Russia for a bit.

Please explain to me what Russia hacked and how. Because I've been right through the media reports and they're circular. They reference each others reports in a horrible loop and pretend that's evidence.
Dougal

Postby Wobbler on Tue 7th Mar 7:28am

swtchbckr wrote:Wobbler I can understand, he's the classic troll-cum-devil's-advocate-for-a-laugh, but Dougal? Really??

lols

I still think trump is a big old ballbag, but personal opinions are not impeachable offenses

do you really think its so out there that there was wire taping ordered of trump? you know angela merkel got wire taped right? and a whole bunch of other world leaders?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/ ... ders-calls

james clapper gets rolled out all like nah nah no survelance, this is the same bloke that already lied about it back in 2013 during a hearing.

is it really so out there that he was wired taped? do you really think its so unbelievable given all the surveillance shit that has been revealed the last few years?

dossier saying trump got russian hookers to piss on a bed = omg defo true
accusations a gov that spied on everyone did it to him = tinfoil hat
Wobbler
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby Klarkash-ton on Tue 7th Mar 9:17am

Wobbler wrote:
is it really so out there that he was wired taped? do you really think its so unbelievable given all the surveillance shit that has been revealed the last few years?

dossier saying trump got russian hookers to piss on a bed = omg defo true
accusations a gov that spied on everyone did it to him = tinfoil hat

I think it's highly likely that Trump was spied on, but I doubt Obama 'authorised' it. it will be an unholy mess if he did though :)

I watched the fox news segment with Levin producing his 'evidence', a collection of newspaper articles. He was hilarious, to the point of hysteria. The interviewer was struggling not to laugh along.
Klarkash-ton
"I ride to support my eating habit"
Member for: 9 years 3 months

Postby Dougal on Tue 7th Mar 10:38am

Klarkash-ton wrote:I think it's highly likely that Trump was spied on, but I doubt Obama 'authorised' it. it will be an unholy mess if he did though :)

I watched the fox news segment with Levin producing his 'evidence', a collection of newspaper articles. He was hilarious, to the point of hysteria. The interviewer was struggling not to laugh along.

There is a claim that the President (Obama in this case) had to personally authorise FISA requests. If that claim is true then that would be 100% proof of this unholy mess.

Regarding the newspapers. I haven't seen any Fox news. But I understand the NYT published an article on Jan 20th, citing unnamed sources, claiming Trump's residence had been wire-tapped.
The NYT this week published another piece by exactly the same "journalists" saying there was no evidence Trump had been wire tapped.

So what we're seeing is the NYT being called out. Pick one lads. Doesn't matter which, fake news confirmed.

Jan 20th NYT article discussing evidence from wire-tapping.

4th march NYT article refuting wire-tapping.

As I said earlier, this is a fascinating drama. It's working on more levels than any previous scandals ever.
Dougal

Postby philstar on Tue 7th Mar 11:55am

Dougal wrote:There is a claim that the President (Obama in this case) had to personally authorise FISA requests. If that claim is true then that would be 100% proof of this unholy mess.

this would be unholy if he had requested the taps or used the info from the taps to discredit trump in the campaign. signing them is just hinky (i do not know what is required for a FISA warrant and presidential approval may have been needed).

the taps may have been justified to try and clarify how much involvement he had with the Russians.
philstar
"misanthropic"

Postby Klarkash-ton on Tue 7th Mar 1:31pm

Dougal wrote:
Regarding the newspapers. I haven't seen any Fox news. But I understand the NYT published an article on Jan 20th, citing unnamed sources, claiming Trump's residence had been wire-tapped.
The NYT this week published another piece by exactly the same "journalists" saying there was no evidence Trump had been wire tapped.

So what we're seeing is the NYT being called out. Pick one lads. Doesn't matter which, fake news confirmed.

Not sure what you mean, the articles do not appear contradictory. The first states:

The counterintelligence investigation centers at least in part on the business dealings that some of the president-elect’s past and present advisers have had with Russia. Mr. Manafort has done business in Ukraine and Russia. Some of his contacts there were under surveillance by the National Security Agency for suspected links to Russia’s Federal Security Service, one of the officials said.

The article only states that some of Trumps advisors feature in the investigation. Is the inference that these people were based in Trump tower, so Trump Tower was under surveillance? There is no direct mention or claim to that effect.

The second refers to the F.B.I chief asking the Dept of Justice to refute the claims. The journalist don't appear to be claiming one thing or another, though they do question motives: eg ,do the FBI appear to want to avoid a full inquiry. They do state:

It is not clear why Mr. Comey did not issue a statement himself. He is the most senior law enforcement official who was kept on the job as the Obama administration gave way to the Trump administration. And while the Justice Department applies for intelligence-gathering warrants, the F.B.I. keeps its own records and is in a position to know whether Mr. Trump’s claims are true. While intelligence officials do not normally discuss the existence or nonexistence of surveillance warrants, no law prevents Mr. Comey from issuing the statement.

But I agree it's fascinating, I've never been so entertained by US politics.
Klarkash-ton
"I ride to support my eating habit"
Member for: 9 years 3 months

Postby Dougal on Tue 7th Mar 2:31pm

Klarkash-ton wrote:Not sure what you mean, the articles do not appear contradictory.

You mean apart from the first article mentioning: "Intelligence reports based on wiretapped communications have been provided to the white-house"

This is, of course, the white house before Trump was sworn in. Obama was the one in the White House.

The second article reports on a claim the wire tapping claims were unsubstantiated.

It's all weasle words. They'll claim they are reporting on someone elses claims. Just like CNN trying to claim they reported on Buzzfeeds incorrect story instead of admitting they published unsubstantiated rubbish.

Anyone want to discuss the Russians?
Dougal

Postby jimmi71 on Sat 11th Mar 7:40am

Thanks Dougal for making me have a think about this. Without dredging through screeds of evidence and trying to determine whether it is true or false, one of the things that bugs me most is this:
I started looking at the top 10 qualities of a great leader. There are many similar lists, but here is one from Forbes:
Honesty
Delegate
Communication
Confidence
Commitment
Creativity
Intuition
Inspire
Approach
Positive attitude
How many of these traits does Trump show?
jimmi71
Member for: 2 years 7 months

International Politics | Politics | Sifting - Latest Posts