How do you thiink Trump is doing?

Best President ever, he's the greatest president, you'll never see a better president!
7
29%
I don't care
2
8%
OMG we're all doomed
11
46%
Kittenz
4
17%
 
Total voters : 24

Re: The Unofficial Vorb Trump Poll

Postby dwgknz on Fri 3rd Mar 11:37am

Dougal wrote:
dwgknz wrote:This guy is not a leader.......

Yep he did a good speech this week, but one choreographed dance doesn't change how I feel about how dangerous he is for the US.


You think he's had one good speech which he delivered after he took office?
I think you've missed the last 18 months completely.

Please expand on how dangerous he is and why. I'm genuinely curious. I don't even have a horse in this race, but the hysteria from those who supported the other side is astounding.


He played on peoples fears, especially through the rust belt. so I don't consider that a good speech. So many of his speeches are formulaic and based around reminding people who he is and why he's there, attacking someone and glossing over the key point, they're all just so negative. Ie. I'm great, the liberal media are liars and you don't need to worry Russia.

I think he's dangerous because he so greatly unethical and hugely emotional. He doesn't respect the office in it's current form and is going about dismantling current norms such as the relationships with:
- the media (lying media, the gaggle, WHCD)
- the military (us and them)
- the legislature (the muslim ban)
- the judiciary (attacking individual judges)
- the government (secret leaks, banning comms)
- other countries (busting Turnbulls balls, Mexico etc)
- the citizens (direct communication with them)

and many many more. Each time he does a very deliberate act to disrupt current thinking and then after the disruption dies starts to build a new understanding. What we knew under Obama will be completely different after Trump, there may be some good changes but I think there'll be lots of bad ones. I don't agree with the way US politics are run, but I don't agree with his revolutionary stance.

And then there's his childish shit as well!
dwgknz
User avatar
Member for: 4 years 8 months

Re: The Unofficial Vorb Trump Poll

Postby Rik on Fri 3rd Mar 11:52am

swtchbckr wrote:I'll concede he's built an 'empire' and sure maybe he does employ tens of thousands (scoff), but does he employ them well?
He's built this socalled empire it at the cost of what? Ripping people off. Going bankrupt (how many times?) when it suits.


I don't think I ever watched more than 100 seconds total of The Apprentice, and my options are based mostly on his actions in You've been Trumped, but I would not want that kind of man to be my president.
Rik
User avatar
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Re: The Unofficial Vorb Trump Poll

Postby swtchbckr on Fri 3rd Mar 11:52am

@dwgknz
that's sayin' it waaay more coherently than my previous post...
swtchbckr
User avatar
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Re: The Unofficial Vorb Trump Poll

Postby Klarkash-ton on Fri 3rd Mar 12:35pm

Revolutionary stances are good, but it only to replace things with something better...

As for his building an 'empire' that is pretty much based on his own words. A lot is said about how he started with just 1 million loan (a lot of money in 1970) from his dad, when actually he took over the family business and his dad was guarantor for huge loans he took out to fund developments. In the end it's the Trump Organization that is the vast majority of his wealth and a lot of the other things he has tried (Airlines, steaks, faux universities, and bike races) have fallen by the wayside.

He is known for not paying who he owes, using the bankruptcy in innovative fashion to avoid paying taxes and creditors, and for skirting the bounds of legality with his tax payments. His father was also a sharp operator and was investigated for war profiteering, amongst other things.

There are questions about how smart he really is, but it's interesting his sister is a respected Judge on the Court of Appeals. I think the family is smart and driven.

He was very successful with 'The Apprentice", but that's show business not real business.

As for his feud with the dishonest media, I found the comments of GW Bush earlier this week to be very interesting.
Klarkash-ton
"I ride to support my eating habit"
Member for: 9 years 3 months

Re: The Unofficial Vorb Trump Poll

Postby Dougal on Fri 3rd Mar 3:11pm

I'm fascinated by the such intense opposition. It's clear many in established cosy places of power are threatened deeply by Trump. But it's the members of the public who mimick their fear that really interest me.

The election was astounding for the number of completely fabricated stories pumped out by a handful of media companies to continually attack him. Stories which vanished into thin air as soon as another story popped up.

If any of the many serious allegations were true then there would be a prosecution. But no. It's all gone. It was all fiction intended to create outrage.

swtchbckr wrote:He's certain no orator, he can barely string 3 words together in the right order.

And over the last 18 months he hasn't actually given any good speeches. He's just said what the white-trash dumbarses he appeals to wanted to hear - feeding the interests of the lowest common denominators isnt good speeching, it's just rabble-rousing.

The man is a buffoon. Tweeting like a whiney little baby cos somebody says mean about him. wah wah wah "the libtard press is banned because they never say anything nice about me" It's their fucking job to tell it like it is.


The above words are pretty strongly negative. What evidence are you using to form such a bad opinion?

swtchbckr wrote:I'll concede he's built an 'empire' and sure maybe he does employ tens of thousands (scoff), but does he employ them well?
He's built this socalled empire it at the cost of what? Ripping people off. Going bankrupt (how many times?) when it suits.

He is not a good man. and he's not a good leader. did you ever actually watch The Apprentice?


Never watched the apprentice. But I'm told one of Trumps most vocal critics (George Takei) was fired from it. Clearly he's bitter to this day.

Are you aware of any issues Trump has as an employer? Why do you scoff at someone who employs more people than many towns hold?
As far as I know he's never been bankrupt. He has cut loose and bankrupted individual companies. That's not uncommon. Jenny Shipley is a good example from closer to home.

swtchbckr wrote:As for this 'good speech' the other day. everything he said appeared to be 'technically' true (most of the time - for a change), but everything was lies by omission, slight mis-representation of the facts. of course, his fans will love it all, but when you do fact check everything he said, most of it is fucking bullshit.


Please show us some fact checking.

swtchbckr wrote:and just cos he's been 'presidential' this once, doesn't forgive every single other moment of his fucking existence of being a fucktard bullying dickhead.


Wow. Where did that come from?
Dougal
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Re: The Unofficial Vorb Trump Poll

Postby oldandlazy on Fri 3rd Mar 3:16pm

Dougal wrote:Never watched the apprentice. But I'm told one of Trumps most vocal critics (George Takei) was fired from it. Clearly he's bitter to this day.



You think that George Takaei is bitter at Trump because he was fired from the apprentice? You can't think of any other reasons that a gay man who spent some of his childhood in an internment camp would dislike Trump?
oldandlazy
User avatarMedal
Member for: 9 years 6 months

Re: The Unofficial Vorb Trump Poll

Postby Dougal on Fri 3rd Mar 3:27pm

dwgknz wrote:He played on peoples fears, especially through the rust belt. so I don't consider that a good speech. So many of his speeches are formulaic and based around reminding people who he is and why he's there, attacking someone and glossing over the key point, they're all just so negative. Ie. I'm great, the liberal media are liars and you don't need to worry Russia.

I think he's dangerous because he so greatly unethical and hugely emotional. He doesn't respect the office in it's current form and is going about dismantling current norms such as the relationships with:
- the media (lying media, the gaggle, WHCD)
- the military (us and them)
- the legislature (the muslim ban)
- the judiciary (attacking individual judges)
- the government (secret leaks, banning comms)
- other countries (busting Turnbulls balls, Mexico etc)
- the citizens (direct communication with them)

and many many more. Each time he does a very deliberate act to disrupt current thinking and then after the disruption dies starts to build a new understanding. What we knew under Obama will be completely different after Trump, there may be some good changes but I think there'll be lots of bad ones. I don't agree with the way US politics are run, but I don't agree with his revolutionary stance.

And then there's his childish shit as well!


Can you fill in some stuff for me to help understand your position.

What are the fears in the rust belt? I understand employment prospects there are a big problem. Wouldn't that be a genuine concern?
Can you point me to a negative speech? The Al Smith dinner one was certainly brutal (like watching blood sport) but I'm not sure that was your point.
Why do you call the immigration ban a Muslim Ban? According to Wikipedia there are over 50 countries which are majority muslim: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_by_country
I read the documents and this ban was for 7 specific countries which were so war torn they have no systems left in place to accurately identify people. So visitors from those countries cannot be identified and dangerous individuals can't be filtered out. There was no mention at all of religion. Let alone Muslims.
Do you not see any problem with a white house full of staff that freely leak information?
What do you see as the problem with direct communication?
What's the issue with the military? I thought they loved him?
Last edited by Dougal on Fri 3rd Mar 3:30pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dougal
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Re: The Unofficial Vorb Trump Poll

Postby Dougal on Fri 3rd Mar 3:29pm

oldandlazy wrote:
Dougal wrote:Never watched the apprentice. But I'm told one of Trumps most vocal critics (George Takei) was fired from it. Clearly he's bitter to this day.



You think that George Takaei is bitter at Trump because he was fired from the apprentice? You can't think of any other reasons that a gay man who spent some of his childhood in an internment camp would dislike Trump?


That is the most contact I believe the two have had. Is there a bigger relationship between Trump and Takei that I'm missing? Can you expand on what internment camps and being gay have to do with disliking Trump?
Dougal
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Re: The Unofficial Vorb Trump Poll

Postby oldandlazy on Fri 3rd Mar 3:44pm

Dougal wrote:
oldandlazy wrote:
Dougal wrote:Never watched the apprentice. But I'm told one of Trumps most vocal critics (George Takei) was fired from it. Clearly he's bitter to this day.



You think that George Takaei is bitter at Trump because he was fired from the apprentice? You can't think of any other reasons that a gay man who spent some of his childhood in an internment camp would dislike Trump?


That is the most contact I believe the two have had. Is there a bigger relationship between Trump and Takei that I'm missing? Can you expand on what internment camps and being gay have to do with disliking Trump?


https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/11/18/george-takei-they-interned-my-family-dont-let-them-do-it-to-muslims/?utm_term=.ca4631e575fc

I think the general culture wars aspect and being a member of historically-persecuted groups might be enough to dislike Trump. I dislike him and I'm not from any of those groups...
oldandlazy
User avatarMedal
Member for: 9 years 6 months

Re: The Unofficial Vorb Trump Poll

Postby Dougal on Fri 3rd Mar 3:59pm

oldandlazy wrote:https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/11/18/george-takei-they-interned-my-family-dont-let-them-do-it-to-muslims/?utm_term=.ca4631e575fc

I think the general culture wars aspect and being a member of historically-persecuted groups might be enough to dislike Trump. I dislike him and I'm not from any of those groups...


The article is about Takei writing about Carl Higbie (who has no position in govt) discussing stuff on fox news. Can you tell me what the connection to Trump or the current US govt is?

What's the connection between "historically persecuted groups" and Trump?

It does appear that Takei's only relationship to Trump was getting fired on TV. Is Takei a big enough person to shrug that off and get on with life?
Dougal
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Re: The Unofficial Vorb Trump Poll

Postby swtchbckr on Fri 3rd Mar 4:34pm

Dougal wrote:Please show us some fact checking.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... .html?_r=0
yeah, sure it's nytimes, but at least they're better at pulling out the truth than Fox or Brietbart...


my intense dislike comes from everything i can tell of the man from watching him. i cant stand everything he stands for.
funny you should bring up The Ship. never could stand her either. and i know that bankrupting 'inconvenient' companies is par for the course for the rich to keep their wealth.

i. just. dont. like. the. guy,
he's HINKY.
why wont he release his taxes!?
why's he so infatuated with Putin?
he's too emotional and he's willfully ignorant.
he's narrowminded.
and practically everything he says is lies lies lies, and the dumbarses fell for it all, or they're so stupid they dont care.
swtchbckr
User avatar
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Re: The Unofficial Vorb Trump Poll

Postby 13daza on Fri 3rd Mar 6:03pm

I wonder if the Romans sat in their bath houses talking as they did (the bath houses being the roman version of internet forums) and were this passionate about their new emperors ,but most especially judging by all this what did the people in the outer edges of the empire feel and talk about re the roman emperors and their antics there must have been some interesting discussions in the baths when guys like Nero and Caligula got the throne

Trump came across as a tool when I met him ,I haven't seen any reason to change my mind yet .We are all free to have our own opinions (unless you live in North Korea then you'll have Kims opinion or else) Trumps a very polarizing personality people either love him or hate his guts but we are all talking about him which is exactly what he wants
13daza
Member for: 3 years 7 months

Re: The Unofficial Vorb Trump Poll

Postby Wobbler on Fri 3rd Mar 6:58pm

swtchbckr wrote:
Dougal wrote:Please show us some fact checking.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... .html?_r=0
yeah, sure it's nytimes, but at least they're better at pulling out the truth than Fox or Brietbart...


my intense dislike comes from everything i can tell of the man from watching him. i cant stand everything he stands for.
funny you should bring up The Ship. never could stand her either. and i know that bankrupting 'inconvenient' companies is par for the course for the rich to keep their wealth.

i. just. dont. like. the. guy,
he's HINKY.
why wont he release his taxes!?
why's he so infatuated with Putin?
he's too emotional and he's willfully ignorant.
he's narrowminded.
and practically everything he says is lies lies lies, and the dumbarses fell for it all, or they're so stupid they dont care.


so you think he should be killed because you dont like him?

that list is full of true- but context, or true but wah wah

citation on russia, it seems everyone has a raging chub for associating him with russia, what is he doing with russia that is horrendous?

do you remember when romney told obama russia was the biggest thread and he is all like wah wah cold war is over stop having a sook?
Wobbler
User avatar
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Wobbler
User avatar
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Re: The Unofficial Vorb Trump Poll

Postby Dougal on Fri 3rd Mar 7:28pm

swtchbckr wrote:
Dougal wrote:Please show us some fact checking.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... .html?_r=0
yeah, sure it's nytimes, but at least they're better at pulling out the truth than Fox or Brietbart...


All the fact checking in there (a paper that is known for anti-trump spin) is positive. They verify every claim then nit pick some details.

swtchbckr wrote:my intense dislike comes from everything i can tell of the man from watching him. i cant stand everything he stands for.
funny you should bring up The Ship. never could stand her either. and i know that bankrupting 'inconvenient' companies is par for the course for the rich to keep their wealth.

i. just. dont. like. the. guy,
he's HINKY.
why wont he release his taxes!?
why's he so infatuated with Putin?
he's too emotional and he's willfully ignorant.
he's narrowminded.
and practically everything he says is lies lies lies, and the dumbarses fell for it all, or they're so stupid they dont care.


Trump likely won't release his taxes for the same reason that no-one else releases their taxes. It's private information.
I haven't heard anything about Russia from Trump. All the "but russia" narrative is coming from a few specific media organisations. Can you give some specifics.
Likewise for emotion. Can you give me any specifics on what you mean by that. I haven't seen him crying or screaming on camera yet.

The last line is a shocker.

What is HINKY?
Dougal
Member for: 14 years 6 months

International Politics | Politics | Sifting - Latest Posts

Who is online

38 Users browsing this website: Google [Bot], shmoodiver and 35 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • ProBikeKit
  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • Merlin Cycles