Re: The Top Gear Thread

Postby wachtourak on Sat 3/Dec/11 8:51pm

I couldn't watch more than 3 mins of that Stewart Lee video. Whether you like top gear or not he just seemed to be a sad no life little man who relied on one argument repeated ad nauseum, like the schoolboy who was bullied by Clarkson and still hasn't gotten over it or something
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby Mickyfinn on Sat 3/Dec/11 8:55pm

Simonius_Titius wrote:Yeah I enjoy Top Gear too, and I'm not even interested in cars particularly.

What I hate is JC or his handlers building climate-change denial into his bad-boy image. He knows he is not competent to form an opinion on the subject, his viewers don't know what competence would look like, he is immensely powerful, the whole world has a lot at stake.
Yet Clarkson happily follows the party line of his employer Rupert Murdoch via the Sun.

The current fuss over shooting protesters is manipulative bullshit. It was a harmless joke to express a commonly held point of view about the role of public servants. My guess is there were enough media interests with a stake in Clarkson and the DVD to beat up the original story to the point that all media can join the feeding frenzy.

If a crazed lesbian dwarf with a rusty pair of hedgeclippers asks if she can borrow my stool because she wants to stab someone through the chest repeatedly and Jeremy Clarkson is nearby then I guess I should give up my seat for a lady.

That would b fine if climate change existed..... not every one thinks so you know
Mickyfinn
Member for: 7 years 8 months

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Sat 3/Dec/11 9:09pm

Mickyfinn wrote: not every one thinks so you know

I don't see how that is relevant. Just because some people don't believe something doesn't mean it's not true. Maybe not everyone thinks you're a mouth-breathing retard, but you are. :)
E Dogg Capizzle
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby Mickyfinn on Sat 3/Dec/11 9:16pm

E Dogg Capizzle wrote:
Mickyfinn wrote: not every one thinks so you know

I don't see how that is relevant. Just because some people don't believe something doesn't mean it's not true. Maybe not everyone thinks you're a mouth-breathing retard, but you are. :)

That relative in your picture has a more valuable opinion than yourself slide back to you pond
Mickyfinn

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Sat 3/Dec/11 9:21pm

Mickyfinn wrote:
That relative in your picture has a more valuable opinion than yourself slide back to you pond

That insult had promise until the you messed up the spelling. What's the problem; does your brain run out of energy half way through the sentence? :eh:
E Dogg Capizzle
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby happybaboon on Sat 3/Dec/11 9:35pm

Man, you be trippin niggah. Slide back to you pond!
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby happybaboon on Sat 3/Dec/11 9:36pm

wachtourak wrote:I couldn't watch more than 3 mins of that Stewart Lee video. Whether you like top gear or not he just seemed to be a sad no life little man who relied on one argument repeated ad nauseum, like the schoolboy who was bullied by Clarkson and still hasn't gotten over it or something

Parts are dull, but the Gordon Brown blindness bit is solid gold I reckon :lol:
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby Simonius_Titius on Sat 3/Dec/11 10:05pm

happybaboon wrote:Man, you be trippin niggah. Slide back to you pond!

:D Full marks.
Simonius_Titius
"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off. - Gloria Steinem"
Member for: 8 years 0 months

Postby Simonius_Titius on Sat 3/Dec/11 10:30pm

wachtourak wrote:I couldn't watch more than 3 mins of that Stewart Lee video. Whether you like top gear or not he just seemed to be a sad no life little man who relied on one argument repeated ad nauseum, like the schoolboy who was bullied by Clarkson and still hasn't gotten over it or something

(Edit) I just watched a bunch of Stewart Lee clips. Comics often use repetition but Lee often uses more than usual, sometimes a great deal more. It can be irrritating but somehow it works for me a lot of the time, and when it doesnt I'm probably missing his point.
Simonius_Titius
"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off. - Gloria Steinem"
Member for: 8 years 0 months

Postby CrustyMTB on Sun 4/Dec/11 10:30am

Aren't car shows (and fishing shows) for losers, anyway? "Wow JC gets to drive a ferrari!!! I wish I was him, then my life wouldn't be so sad and empty..."
CrustyMTB
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby Fraser on Sun 4/Dec/11 9:00pm

punters making videos on GoPros is different?
Fraser
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby CrustyMTB on Sun 4/Dec/11 9:07pm

Fraser wrote:punters making videos on GoPros is different?
No, no different :p
CrustyMTB
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby its that guy on Tue 6/Dec/11 6:31pm

Mint.
its that guy
"Lurkin"
Member for: 8 years 3 months

Postby Mickyfinn on Tue 6/Dec/11 7:00pm

CrustyMTB wrote:Aren't car shows (and fishing shows) for losers, anyway? "Wow JC gets to drive a ferrari!!! I wish I was him, then my life wouldn't be so sad and empty..."

I think its along time since it was about cars.... I think its more about getting back at "The Man"
Mickyfinn

Postby Bigfoot on Tue 6/Dec/11 9:13pm

Put down the glue.
Bigfoot
"We are the Village Green Preservation Society"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Motoring | Sifting - Latest Posts