Re: To The Tool Thieves Of The Redwood Forest

Postby Flyboy on Mon 4/May/09 11:07am

Oli wrote:My reason for saying that is nothing to do with giving them credit, but that both crimes have been attributed by Rotorua posters to either mtbers or forestry workers - the possibility seems obvious that it could be the same person/group.

Likely I guess, it loked like the tools had been cut off of the chains they were attached to so the scumbags had appropriate tools for cutting wire/chains. Id say they went up there, saw the tools and then came back with the purpose of stealing them.

Big Thanks to the Bike Culture team all the same for providing them in the first place, they were much appreciated and used by a number of people up there that I saw when riding.
Flyboy
"Destined for Disaster"
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Postby Oli on Mon 4/May/09 11:20am

businesstime wrote:
Oli wrote:My reason for saying that is nothing to do with giving them credit, but that both crimes have been attributed by Rotorua posters to either mtbers or forestry workers - the possibility seems obvious that it could be the same person/group.

haha you knob

Please elaborate? Does the italic boldness of the word "could" confuse your tiny brain?
Oli
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby ArjanH on Mon 4/May/09 11:55am

Flyboy wrote:

Likely I guess, it loked like the tools had been cut off of the chains they were attached to so the scumbags had appropriate tools for cutting wire/chains. Id say they went up there, saw the tools and then came back with the purpose of stealing them.

Big Thanks to the Bike Culture team all the same for providing them in the first place, they were much appreciated and used by a number of people up there that I saw when riding.

Somebody actually went up there twice to steal those tools???? Sheesh
10 points for determination
0 points for intelligence
If they'd put that sort of effort into something honest they would have earned the value of the stolen tools in half the time it took them to steal them.
ArjanH
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Postby ants06 on Mon 4/May/09 11:59am

Oli wrote:
businesstime wrote:

haha you knob

Please elaborate? Does the italic boldness of the word "could" confuse your tiny brain?

Dont worry about him oli , i once supported his views as they were the same as mine , However i then realize that unlike me he couldn't grasp the fact that there is a chance he (we) could be wrong :o

but back to the subject : CRUSH THEM ALL .

p.s in wgtn it would be gone 24 hrs
ants06
"Google first muppet"
Member for: 11 years 3 months

Postby j2hyde on Mon 4/May/09 12:07pm

Could have been kids, the sort of nuicance crimes that take effort are sometimes commited by intelligent but bored kids. Lowlife scumbag thieves and junkies usually don't go to much effort. That's all wild speculation though.
j2hyde
"I'm not for that. I'm for the ladies."
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby Conners on Mon 4/May/09 1:31pm

:withstupid:
If my recent experience with theft in Rotorua is anything to go by, I'd be keeping an eye out on the ground somewhere nearby. My bike rack went walkabout from the Blue Lake carpark during XTerra, only to be picked up on Long Mile Road.

What sort of theif goes to the trouble of taking something that they don't actually want (or want to sell)? Thats right, someone who gets enjoyment out of pissing people off...
Conners
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby ArjanH on Mon 4/May/09 2:26pm

Conners wrote::withstupid:
If my recent experience with theft in Rotorua is anything to go by, I'd be keeping an eye out on the ground somewhere nearby. My bike rack went walkabout from the Blue Lake carpark during XTerra, only to be picked up on Long Mile Road.

What sort of theif goes to the trouble of taking something that they don't actually want (or want to sell)? Thats right, someone who gets enjoyment out of pissing people off...

Sounds to me like somebody who parked at Long mile road and couldn't be bothered riding back so they stole a bike rack for a mates car then discarded it when they got back to their car. Wouldn't be locals IMHO, and the more I think about it neither is the tool thief, all the locals I have met are really appreciative of what they have.

Some wanker stole the winch handle of my boat trailer at the Mount a few weeks ago. What a stupid thing to steal unless you didn't have one and needed it to get your boat back on. Thing is that I would have happily lended it to them and even helped to get the boat on the trailer. But man, it held people up because the ramp was busy and lots of boats were back up behind us while somebody ran down the road to buy another handle. Sometimes for some reason people seem to think they have a right to help themselves.
ArjanH
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Bay of Plenty | Crime | Cycling | Middle North Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Public Notices | Regions | Rotorua | Sifting | Stolen - Latest Posts