Member for: 15 years 0 months

Re: The Soccer Appreciation Thread

Postby disoriented on Wed 19/May/10 8:27pm

Is this the thread where we call soccerplayers a bunch of pofters? :p
disoriented
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Postby nostromo on Wed 19/May/10 8:31pm

disoriented wrote:Is this the thread where we call soccerplayers a bunch of pofters? :p

Yeah, I'll start, pofters pofters pofters!!
(they didn't bite??)
nostromo
":-("
Member for: 14 years 2 months

Postby MattV on Wed 19/May/10 8:36pm

nostromo wrote:
(they didn't bite??)

:eh:
soccer_perversion_2.jpg
MattV
"If the world was how it should be, maybe I could get some sleep"
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Postby BrokenKonaRider on Wed 2/Jun/10 1:09pm

Ignores the trolls above

Great TVNZ coverage of the world cup:
http://tvnz.co.nz/2010-fifa-world-cup-n ... es-3469491

And my 6yr old is going ape over the wall chart
http://tvnz.co.nz/2010-fifa-world-cup-n ... up-3495094

Ten days to go!
BrokenKonaRider
"Pants"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby happybaboon on Wed 2/Jun/10 1:50pm

I love that Nike ad. It's badass, and so ridiculously over the top that I want to wet my pants. Makes the Rugby World Cup ads (the ones with the feelers..... BLEEERUUUUGH!) look shameful :)
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 18 years 3 months

Postby BrokenKonaRider on Wed 2/Jun/10 2:32pm

BrokenKonaRider
"Pants"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Sat 19/Jun/10 8:27am

England 0 Algeria 0 :lol:
E Dogg Capizzle
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 17 years 8 months

Postby Spokes on Sat 19/Jun/10 8:43am

Soccer 0.

But its better than rugby.
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Postby CrustyMTB on Sat 19/Jun/10 2:31pm

E Dogg Capizzle wrote:England 0 Algeria 0 :lol:
:lol: I ROFLed when I heard that, imagine a whole nation on suicide watch! However bad we are about the Ruggers the English are 10x worse about the football.
CrustyMTB
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Postby happybaboon on Sat 19/Jun/10 4:30pm

France and Germany have both had some awful results too :D Great to see the little guys putting the big teams to the sword... Makes me think the All Whites might have a shot against Italy after all :thumbsup:
happybaboon

Postby Dazzle on Sat 19/Jun/10 6:16pm

Oh it gets better than that. The way the bracketing works it looks like if England win their next game, they meet Germany in the round of 16, and IF they get past them it would be Argentina in the round of 8. Ie - they are fucked and are going to go out to one of the arch nemeses a long way short of the finals they (ridiculously) completely believed they would be playing.

The angst is going to be like NZ rugby losing to France in pool play, putting them against Australia in the first elimination round, going out losing that, and then the country sitting around watching the remaining 8 or so WC rugby games while getting angry about a half billion tax payers dollars flushed. :thumbsup:
Dazzle

Postby Dazzle on Sat 19/Jun/10 6:19pm

And can anyone find the All Whites last three opponents on a map without having to hunt around for them? Serbia, Slovakia and Slovenia.
Dazzle

Postby Dazzle on Sat 19/Jun/10 6:28pm

And finally - some NZ punter in the last minutes of play placed $40,000 on the All Whites losing the Slovakia match via live betting. Would have only paid out $800 profit if it weren't for the equalizer a couple of minutes later...

Swiss supermarket chain promised 10% off everything in store if they beat Spain in the WC. Never happened before.. but when they did it cost the chain $5million in a day. :thumbsup:
Dazzle

Postby happybaboon on Sat 19/Jun/10 8:57pm

Dazzle wrote:Oh it gets better than that. The way the bracketing works it looks like if England win their next game, they meet Germany in the round of 16, and IF they get past them it would be Argentina in the round of 8. Ie - they are fucked and are going to go out to one of the arch nemeses a long way short of the finals they (ridiculously) completely believed they would be playing.

The angst is going to be like NZ rugby losing to France in pool play, putting them against Australia in the first elimination round, going out losing that, and then the country sitting around watching the remaining 8 or so WC rugby games while getting angry about a half billion tax payers dollars flushed. :thumbsup:

Germany lost in a shocker too though (to Serbia, who NZ beat a few weeks back!)... So England prolly have a shot against Germany at least. But if they beat the Huns then Argentina are looking good to exact some sweet revenge for the Falklands!

I'm guessing the markup on stuff in a supermarket is well more than 10%, so the increase in business and the big publicity was probably well worth the 10% loss on the normal sale price of items.
happybaboon

Sifting - Latest Posts