The Skiing/snowboarding Thread

Postby NzO on Fri 15/Jun/07 1:56pm

Since it's the start of that season, i thought it would be appropriate for it to have its own little thread. So was just wondering if there are many Vorbers out there who hit the ski slopes in the winter? Whether you ski or board, or have any trips planned?
I was lucky enough to have two weeks boarding at Big White in Canada last year, it was just wicked :D So i'd be interested to find out what's happening and can't wait to get back into it :thumbsup:

Sweet
NzO
User avatar
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Using This Thread To My Advantage

Postby jordanmtbr on Fri 15/Jun/07 2:19pm

iv got some skis for sale
2006 ATOMIC METRON 9's
164 cm long 125/74/109 side cut 12.5 m turn radius
includes ATOMIC bindings
theyr blue

Used 4 times
absolutly mint condition

$1000 o.n.o

ill freight em to you aswell.

get in touch through here
or email jordanmtbr@hotmail.com
or phone/txt 0212306480
Last edited by jordanmtbr on Fri 15/Jun/07 3:21pm, edited 1 time in total.
jordanmtbr
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Postby Dodgysam on Fri 15/Jun/07 2:58pm

yeah i board...(very badly may i add)

Never got to the Mountain last year as my mother inlaw died the day before i was due to leave.

So hoping to get down there this winter or im gonna smash my board over someones head!
Dodgysam
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby Chickie on Fri 15/Jun/07 3:08pm

I'm a keen boarder. I've just sorted out my accommodation and flights for a week in Queenstown in August - I can't wait !!!!!!!
Chickie
User avatar
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby skint on Fri 15/Jun/07 3:22pm

Chickie wrote: I'm a keen boarder. I've just sorted out my accommodation and flights for a week in Queenstown in August - I can't wait !!!!!!!


Jealous.
Much.
skint
User avatar
"Mmmm. Cheesy toasted sandwiches."
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby Chickie on Fri 15/Jun/07 3:44pm

skint wrote:
Chickie wrote: I'm a keen boarder. I've just sorted out my accommodation and flights for a week in Queenstown in August - I can't wait !!!!!!!


Jealous.
Much.


:p
Chickie
User avatar
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby NzO on Fri 15/Jun/07 3:55pm

Chickie wrote: I'm a keen boarder. I've just sorted out my accommodation and flights for a week in Queenstown in August - I can't wait !!!!!!!


Awesome :D Yea we've booked some flights down to chch for 4 days at Porter Heights, that's gonna be cool. Then when we arrive back i have a trip down to Whakapapa for the rest of the week :)
NzO
User avatar
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Postby HUK on Fri 15/Jun/07 4:29pm

going to southern lakes in july holidays, yus!
HUK
Member for: 11 years 4 months

RE: The Skiing/snowboarding Thread

Postby mundi on Fri 15/Jun/07 4:41pm

nzo-slacker wrote: Since it's the start of that season, i thought it would be appropriate for it to have its own little thread. So was just wondering if there are many Vorbers out there who hit the ski slopes in the winter? Whether you ski or board, or have any trips planned?
I was lucky enough to have two weeks boarding at Big White in Canada last year, it was just wicked :D So i'd be interested to find out what's happening and can't wait to get back into it :thumbsup:

Sweet
I had friends who were ski patrol at big white last year! :thumbsup:

I wont be getting much snow this year, maybe a day at the worlds highest ski feild, but other than that, nada.

But its ok, after that ill be off to canada for a season!
mundi
Member for: 14 years 8 months

Postby dented on Fri 15/Jun/07 5:29pm

I am going to go snowboarding regularly this season. Planning on entering the North Island Masters at Turoa on September 1. Look out
dented
User avatar
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby chalky on Fri 15/Jun/07 5:59pm

im a skier, i go to fox peak, best field in nz by far, might have some time to head down to coronet, def gotta go see the bikes on snow there
chalky
User avatar
Member for: 11 years 5 months

Postby dented on Fri 15/Jun/07 6:16pm

chalky wrote: im a skier, i go to fox peak, best field in nz by far, might have some time to head down to coronet, def gotta go see the bikes on snow there


There are over 30 skifields in NZ. How many have you skied at? I have only been to

Whakapapa
Turoa
Rainbow
Broken RIver
Ohau
Coronet
Cardrona
Treble Cone
Mt Dobson

I struggle to name which is the best of those, simply because so much of your opinion is formed by what the conditions and how deep the snow base is when you are there. And a couple of those I have only been to once.
But Coronet Peak at opening time with 50cm fresh was very hard to beat. So much space, so many lines.
dented
User avatar
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby Chickie on Fri 15/Jun/07 6:21pm

I have not done many
Mt Taranaki - Manganui skifield
Turoa
Whakapapa
Treble Cone
Cardrona

but I have done Whistler and that was awesome, I loved it when it snowed in the village at night - beautiful :thumbsup:
Chickie
User avatar
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby chalky on Fri 15/Jun/07 6:22pm

dented wrote:
chalky wrote: im a skier, i go to fox peak, best field in nz by far, might have some time to head down to coronet, def gotta go see the bikes on snow there


There are over 30 skifields in NZ. How many have you skied at? I have only been to



i would have been to %80 of the south island ones but im still saying fox is the best and not becuase of the condition of the field not becuase of the snow, becuase its private theres shit all people there, theres not much deticated runs you can pretty much go any where, and its hell cheap

really just plain awesome to me
chalky
User avatar
Member for: 11 years 5 months

Postby dented on Fri 15/Jun/07 6:25pm

also

Keystone
Arapahoe Basin
Breckenridge
Vail
Beaver Creek
Copper Mountain
Eldora
Wolf Creek
Aspen
Snowmass
Jackson Hole
SnowBird

but now Im showing off :p
dented
User avatar
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Skiing | Snow | Snowboarding - Latest Posts

Who is online

60 Users browsing this website: DotBot, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 55 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • Merlin Cycles
  • ProBikeKit
  • Torpedo7
  • Vorb Shop