Postby chalky on Sat 23/Jun/07 5:27pm

stupid ass snow, gone and closed all the roads around naseby

ski fields will be loving it but cant even open
chalky
Member for: 11 years 5 months

Postby NzO on Tue 26/Jun/07 1:29pm

chalky wrote: stupid ass snow, gone and closed all the roads around naseby

ski fields will be loving it but cant even open

Yea, it's annoying when you can't even get to them in first place...

A few years ago on our way to Porter Heights, the road was supposedly closed. Lucky enough for us a grader was heading over that way, so we got to sit in behind it and finally arrive at the lodge :D
NzO
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Postby Tugboat on Tue 26/Jun/07 2:33pm

CrustyMTB wrote:
dhroadie wrote: really looking forward to a few days up ruapehu this winter, had a week of spring skiing at treble cone last winter but don't think i can afford a down south mission this year :(

will have to make up for it on turoa, but don't like the crowds and the "check out how fast and out of control i can be" mob
Head out east off the top of the high noon, hit triangle and the Glacier, you'll be alone with 1000's of acres of space....

Mmmm... Triangle. Turoa's hidden gem of uncrowded pleasure and pure joy :love:

Last run of the day... don't just head down the main runs either. Get to the top of the high noon and head out west to Slider and then down Organ Pipes... fun, fun, fun! Or Organ Pipe Chutes for mucho grando smiles!

Head even further West for some great little chutes... just don't get too low or it's a prick of a hike back to the skifield.
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby NzO on Tue 26/Jun/07 2:35pm

Tugboat wrote:
CrustyMTB wrote:
dhroadie wrote: really looking forward to a few days up ruapehu this winter, had a week of spring skiing at treble cone last winter but don't think i can afford a down south mission this year :(

will have to make up for it on turoa, but don't like the crowds and the "check out how fast and out of control i can be" mob
Head out east off the top of the high noon, hit triangle and the Glacier, you'll be alone with 1000's of acres of space....

Mmmm... Triangle. Turoa's hidden gem of uncrowded pleasure and pure joy :love:

Last run of the day... don't just head down the main runs either. Get to the top of the high noon and head out west to Slider and then down Organ Pipes... fun, fun, fun! Or Organ Pipe Chutes for mucho grando smiles!

Head even further West for some great little chutes... just don't get too low or it's a prick of a hike back to the skifield.

Not long till that'll be me :) Walking back up to the carpark because i got to carried away and kept riding... ahhhhhh.
NzO

Postby NzO on Wed 27/Jun/07 6:47pm

Anyone been to the slopes yet? Only a couple of weeks for me :)
NzO

Postby ninja_power on Wed 27/Jun/07 7:24pm

I met some guys at the airport the other day who said Mt Hutt was great. However given that they were australian and had snowboards - and given that Mt Hutt has no base - I suspect they didn't know what they were talking about.
ninja_power
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Postby mundi on Wed 27/Jun/07 7:29pm

nzo-slacker wrote: Anyone been to the slopes yet? Only a couple of weeks for me :)
I have, but it was only snowplanet. :blush:

Learned some new tricks though!
mundi
Member for: 14 years 8 months

Postby NzO on Wed 27/Jun/07 7:47pm

mundi wrote:
nzo-slacker wrote: Anyone been to the slopes yet? Only a couple of weeks for me :)
I have, but it was only snowplanet. :blush:

Learned some new tricks though!

Sweet :) I've never been to snow planet. Is it really worth the money?
NzO

Postby cauld on Mon 9/Jul/07 7:58am

I was @ Turoa Sat and Sun... snow was pretty good for early season.

The new 6 was not open so we spent most of our time skiing the high flyer hitting the terrain park and some little drops and chutes on the lift side of the frozen waterfall.

We spent a bit of time out the other side of the field doing runs to the bottom too... it was under a 'soft closure' according to the patrol guys we found out there.

Will be back up next weekend.

Saw Tama and the hearse @ Tangiwai on the way home..... drive up was heaps faster than the drive home... though taking the Audi over the Paikak(sp) hill was a highlight.

Let's all see if we can PxtToVorb the hell out of this thread over the coming months....

As for fields that I've hit...
Most of the kiwi ones
Tamarack/Sun Valley and some backcountry in Idaho
Whistler and Revelstoke in Canada
Kloisters, Davos and St Moritz in Switzerland
Some of the Austrian ones when I was really small... like 5 years old.
cauld
"God Botherer Botherer"
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Postby NzO on Mon 9/Jul/07 8:30am

cauld wrote: I was @ Turoa Sat and Sun... snow was pretty good for early season.

The new 6 was not open so we spent most of our time skiing the high flyer hitting the terrain park and some little drops and chutes on the lift side of the frozen waterfall.

We spent a bit of time out the other side of the field doing runs to the bottom too... it was under a 'soft closure' according to the patrol guys we found out there.

Will be back up next weekend.

Saw Tama and the hearse @ Tangiwai on the way home..... drive up was heaps faster than the drive home... though taking the Audi over the Paikak(sp) hill was a highlight.

Let's all see if we can PxtToVorb the hell out of this thread over the coming months....

As for fields that I've hit...
Most of the kiwi ones
Tamarack/Sun Valley and some backcountry in Idaho
Whistler and Revelstoke in Canada
Kloisters, Davos and St Moritz in Switzerland
Some of the Austrian ones when I was really small... like 5 years old.

Awesome! :) We should be heading down some time this week, so i'll try and grab some good shots. Can't wait :p
NzO

Postby samosa on Tue 17/Jul/07 9:21pm

I just had three days up ruapehu. Snow wasn't great but weather was !
samosa
Member for: 10 years 5 months

Postby chalky on Wed 18/Jul/07 1:12pm

twilight skiing is teh greatest :love:
chalky
Member for: 11 years 5 months

Postby NzO on Wed 18/Jul/07 2:07pm

Well we've got our yr13 pe trip to the snow in just over a week. Man that's gonna be wicked :D
NzO

Postby Chickie on Thu 9/Aug/07 8:34pm

one more day of work and then I'm off to queenstown for a week - yfy :thumbsup:
Chickie
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby dented on Sun 26/Aug/07 6:39pm

Great day up at Whakapapa today, beautiful weather, great coverage, and some lovely turns.
Although it was a change of pace doing the family thing, but fun!
snowmen.jpg
dented
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Skiing | Snow | Snowboarding - Latest Posts