Postby HuntawayFR on Fri 15/Jun/07 9:00pm

1st day up coros for me last wedensday, snow was surprisingly good, nice & cold for the guns, good to get some speed runs in before all the shackle draggers (aussies) turn up in a couple of weeks :)
HuntawayFR
Member for: 10 years 9 months

Postby ninja_power on Fri 15/Jun/07 11:26pm

dented wrote: also

...US resorts...

but now Im showing off :p

I can top that list. But that would be showing off :p
ninja_power
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Postby Butch on Fri 15/Jun/07 11:29pm

I've lived too far away from skifields for too long :(

I bought a new board in Canada in 2005, and I've only used it 4 times. Stupid geography :hmmm:
Butch
"Like a monkey, ready to be shot into space!"
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Postby CrustyMTB on Sat 16/Jun/07 9:14am

ninja_power wrote:
dented wrote: also

...US resorts...

but now Im showing off :p

I can top that list. But that would be showing off :p

So can I, if I said 5 continents maybe?

I might get a weekend in this year (but with any luck I'll be spending Jan to April on Vancouver Island)
CrustyMTB
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby khs_xc_rider on Sat 16/Jun/07 9:40am

i used to ski regually like every saturday and sunday for four years with 2 week holidays to wanaka for the school holidays to rip it up down at cardrona, coronet peak ect. unfortunatly my knees have packed up i can only get one full day a weekend skiing before i cant walk and im only 17!!

any way in my experiences with the lines at mt hutt,coronet peak, and cardrona you spend most of your time standing around waiting for the run then a 3 or 4 minute blast down powder keg or what ever for another 30 minute line up and another 10 mins on the lift. so 2 seasons ago mt hutt was closed so a mates brothers offered to take us to mt cheeseman, and it was the best days skiing ever. no lines alot of varying conditions and depth of snow with graded runs as well as off peast runs (which are now my fav) and stuff the massive lunch places try a little lounge with couches ect and a tuck shop now thats what im talken about. and best part its cheaper.

now this huge as rant is for a reason. im just stating that many people havnt given small club fields a go. ok they may only have pommers and or tee bars rathr then chair lifts and your not going to see massive jumps and rails like at all the main fields, and the access roads are nice and dodgey.

but if your a power junky or like hitting up natural big mountain shit or just a sweet dayt of boarding or skiing with no lines then spend a day and check out a local club field you may be surprised :thumbsup:
khs_xc_rider
Member for: 10 years 10 months

Postby jamieinauckland on Sat 16/Jun/07 9:52pm

I missed a season as I moved here summer-summer so it's been 2 years since I was on a board. That was 2 weeks in Andorra tho. Now that I'm a student I shall be doing a few mid week overnighters on the mountain
jamieinauckland
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby dhroadie on Sun 17/Jun/07 10:53pm

really looking forward to a few days up ruapehu this winter, had a week of spring skiing at treble cone last winter but don't think i can afford a down south mission this year :(

will have to make up for it on turoa, but don't like the crowds and the "check out how fast and out of control i can be" mob
dhroadie

Postby NzO on Thu 21/Jun/07 3:40pm

How about hitting some lines liek this :p :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0SDQcm0VcU

It's just insane...
NzO
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Postby CrustyMTB on Thu 21/Jun/07 8:01pm

dhroadie wrote: really looking forward to a few days up ruapehu this winter, had a week of spring skiing at treble cone last winter but don't think i can afford a down south mission this year :(

will have to make up for it on turoa, but don't like the crowds and the "check out how fast and out of control i can be" mob
Head out east off the top of the high noon, hit triangle and the Glacier, you'll be alone with 1000's of acres of space....
CrustyMTB
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""

Postby keeweenz on Thu 21/Jun/07 8:23pm

Im hanging out for more snow at Ruapehu, cant wait to get back down.

Come on snow!!
keeweenz
Member for: 14 years 1 month

Postby Chickie on Thu 21/Jun/07 9:46pm

I've been watching the cardrona snowcam - all week dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt then I just looked now and low and behold the snow has arrived :thumbsup: talk about just in time delivery for tomorrows opening date :D
Chickie
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby CrustyMTB on Fri 22/Jun/07 8:13am

Good start to the season, Man I wish I lived in Central Otago at the moment...
CrustyMTB

Postby 69freerider69 on Fri 22/Jun/07 8:16am

Chickie wrote: I've been watching the cardrona snowcam - all week dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt then I just looked now and low and behold the snow has arrived :thumbsup: talk about just in time delivery for tomorrows opening date :D

i dont think it'll be open today there bud. all roads in and out of wanaka and queenstown are closed
69freerider69

Postby NzO on Sat 23/Jun/07 3:49pm

Many other people here ski/board at Porter Heights? They're under new management now and it looks like it's going really well :)

Isn't that much snow there yet, but it looks like there's gonna be :D

www.porterheights.co.nz
NzO
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Postby Chickie on Sat 23/Jun/07 3:59pm

69freerider69 wrote:
Chickie wrote: I've been watching the cardrona snowcam - all week dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt then I just looked now and low and behold the snow has arrived :thumbsup: talk about just in time delivery for tomorrows opening date :D

i dont think it'll be open today there bud. all roads in and out of wanaka and queenstown are closed

I think I'll live, I'm not going to be down there until mid August :D
Chickie
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Skiing | Snow | Snowboarding - Latest Posts