Re: The Show Us Your Track Bike Thread

Postby Joel on Sat 3/Dec/11 3:30pm

looks mean! :cool:
Joel
"Style over speed"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby wachtourak on Sat 17/Oct/15 6:32pm

Bump. Gonna race track this season. Still spoop myself trying to draft people without brakes even though there is far less chance of a crash than in a road bunch. Gonna have to get over that

Slightly older Avanti Pista pro frame, random Cannondale fork that the blokes @ Capital cycles hooked me up with
Wheels are Dura-Ace 7600 hubs to Mavic CXP33 (other than the frame they are the only "new" thing I think)
Dura-Ace 7600 cranks, ring, cog etc, from that NJS-export site. Really good knick/little use for the price
Cockpit is random shit I had lying around, even down to the bar tape lol

Needs a black fork (ideally one with a bit less rake) but will see if I actually like track enough to continue with it first
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Postby scatter on Sat 17/Oct/15 8:31pm

wachtourak wrote: Still spoop myself trying to draft people without brakes even though there is far less chance of a crash than in a road bunch. Gonna have to get over that

Ha. Then you'll get used to sitting millimetres off a wheel so that then you spoop yourself trying to do that in a road bunch :blush:

This is my baby, in indoor mode. Use the stock wheels + Veloflex clinchers for outdoors
Indoor mode.jpg
scatter
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby EoinC on Sat 17/Oct/15 8:53pm

wachtourak wrote:Bump. Gonna race track this season. Still spoop myself trying to draft people without brakes even though there is far less chance of a crash than in a road bunch. Gonna have to get over that

Nice, Watchy.
It's really important to ride steady, and to use the drift right to slow / avoid (without sending anyone on the outside under the bus). Steady is first - Fast is second.
Enjoy the season. I'm sure you'll find it's a rewarding learning curve, and you'll know you've done some work after every race. Enter as many races as you reasonably can, as they all offer something different.
EoinC
Member for: 7 years 4 months

Postby wachtourak on Sun 17/Apr/16 4:10pm

So the mrs got a new track bike which means I inherited her old frame. Took all the bits off my Avanti and put them on this. Needs a touch longer stem I think but I will sort that out later. Makes me get way heaps more aero than my previous bike. Feels faster. We shall see. I need to build some deep wheels for it so it looks cooler.

Here's her new one. Pity the new wheels that came with it (FFWD 5 spoke and Disc) are up at her parents place in Auckland at the moment so couldn't get a pic with those.

Season went pretty good for me, I started out in C grade but quickly got moved up to B, then when it looked like I might sneak the overall season points they moved me up to A grade at the end of the season, will keep on with A grade next season I think. If anyone wants to buy my Avanti frame, I have enough bits more or less to build a complete bike minus wheels. Have Sram Omnium crankset, stem and bars from parts bocks etc.
wachtourak
"IMDABES"

Postby scatter on Sun 17/Apr/16 4:50pm

Ooooh. I'm considering a Fuji :cool: (I'm told I need to go crabon if I want gold :huh: )
scatter

Postby wachtourak on Sun 17/Apr/16 5:15pm

This came up second hand with a nice set of wheels so we snapped it up. Looks like the U19 girl that Lisa's coach is coaching is gonna get to use his race wheels next year (which is sif and/or BS given her family is loaded and can easily buy her some) so she needed some of her own. Came with some different bits on it (Sram cranks etc) which we switched over. She's not sure if she'll stick with the Scatto bars, might go back to her Nitto's.

Those Avanti Pista evo II's come up secondhand reasonably often, Luke Mudgway was setting a size small one not long ago.
wachtourak
"IMDABES"

Postby EoinC on Thu 21/Apr/16 3:44pm

The Fuji's are good bikes - There are a fair few around Aus.

U-19's are only transitioning to carbons - It's fairly uncommon (at least in Aus) for U19's to own their own. It's an age when many riders retire, and the wheels are usually only hauled out for race day, or specific training, so most sets are underutilized.
Our young 'un managed to destroy a front 5 Spoke at Aussie Natz in February - Fortunately they were provided by WAIS, and replaced immediately.
EoinC

Postby EoinC on Thu 21/Apr/16 4:47pm

scatter wrote:Ooooh. I'm considering a Fuji :cool: (I'm told I need to go crabon if I want gold :huh: )

What racing have you got coming up, Scatter? Are you heading across the Pond for the Melbourne GP's?
How did the Op go?

Chur,
Eoin
EoinC

Postby scatter on Thu 21/Apr/16 5:32pm

Hi Eion! >waves<

No racing for me til next season (October-ish). I might try to get to Winter Camp down in Invercargill in July, and will probably do a few sessions up at the Avantidrome.

Op went well. Surgeon's words: "it was well munted". Cast comes off on Tuesday, fingers crossed everything has fused properly. Then I'm four weeks in a moon boot.
I've been able to ride the windtrainer for the last couple of weeks (on surgeon's recommendations; he's awesome :love: ). I've had no pain, so I'm hoping I'll be back at it real soon.
scatter

Postby EoinC on Thu 21/Apr/16 6:58pm

That's good news, Michelle >waves back<.

Does your moonboot have cleats? I'm pleased to hear that the op went well, and that you caught it early enough to de-munt. October's not that far away. Looking forward to you being back in action, sans pain. Just remember to go easy on your return. I guess you'll be able to swim once the cast is off (that's assuming you could before...). That may be good for getting the movement and strength back without putting too much stress on the repair work (Of course I'm not exactly a reliable source of medical advice, but this is the interwebby).

I'm looking forward to Junior Worlds this year. It's right in the middle of a project for me, but I'm still managing to grab 2 weeks to go to the Land of the Yodel. TdF is passing by while we're in Aigle, which is rather nice of them. I think Tahlay's away with racing and camps from mid-June until she gets back from Aigle at the end of July.

Chur,
Eoin
EoinC

Cycling | Post Your Bike - Latest Posts