Postby Tugboat on Sun 11/May/08 12:21pm

musket wrote: stop it. I'm supposed to be doing an exam.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby Mr_Bob on Sun 11/May/08 8:37pm

About a month ago someone was looking for an older pair of roadie shimano "toe strap" pedals (tried doing a search, couldn't find anything on search results), I think it was Dazzle?
If it was you, Pm me, I have found a pair in my parts bin
Mr_Bob
"Pedal!"
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby Oli on Mon 12/May/08 8:48am

Great to see Musket's teammate and my friend Cherise Taylor take out the South African road championships! Congratulations!
Cherise2.jpg
Oli
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Postby Oli on Mon 12/May/08 9:22am

Bummer to read that Cath Cheatley crashed while wearing the yellow jersey in the Joe Martin stage race in the US...

But nice to see ex-Wholly Bagels rider Robin Farina - Cath's teammate on Cheerwine - won solo by over 10 minutes to convincingly take the jersey prior to Cath's accident.
2006bagels2.JPG
Oli

Postby musket on Mon 12/May/08 10:22am

Yep, pretty cool to see Cherise take it in a tight sprint from Robyn De Groot. The SA champs has been w huge deal, as SA only has 1 Olympic spot, and the race is tight.

Cool to see Robin Farina win in the US too - I recall seeing some of her suicide breaks in Reading and Philly last year - it's obviously paid off!
musket
Member for: 18 years 3 months

Postby Oli on Mon 12/May/08 11:52am

Just received these cool spy shots of the 09 prototype Dura-Ace gear. As Musket has said, carbon levers and concealed cables, plus much stiffer chainrings and a slotted and drilled chain...
DSC_0003.jpg
DSC_0007.jpg
DSC_0008.jpg
DSC_0010.jpg
DSC_0011.jpg
DSC_0013.jpg
DSC_0017.jpg
Oli

Postby musket on Mon 12/May/08 12:35pm

mmm. So chainring bolts are going to go from bb side directly in to the ring??? Or is there a cunning new method?

I really like the look of those levers.
musket

Postby musket on Wed 14/May/08 10:18am

DOes the fact that I now immediately evaluate hotel rooms on their ability to accomodate servicing up to 7 bikes, and storing those bikes, plus race wheels make me strange?

Even when I'm on holiday?

My current room would be ok. With the bed moved a tad, it'd be perfect. Beer fridge is easily accessible from the optimum stand placement location...
musket

Postby Beeker on Wed 14/May/08 10:22am

Sounds perfectly normal to me... especially the placement of the beer fridge. In my expert opinion, you need to maintain hydration!
Beeker
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby musket on Wed 14/May/08 10:41am

Best room ever was a suite with a large second room for working, a mini kitchen to eat room service in, and a big arse bathroom with a bath, and shower head on a hose. Nice heavy duty shower curtain allowed in house bike washing and cleaning.

:love:
musket

Postby Beeker on Wed 14/May/08 10:46am

musket wrote: Best room ever was a suite with a large second room for working, a mini kitchen to eat room service in, and a big arse bathroom with a bath, and shower head on a hose. Nice heavy duty shower curtain allowed in house bike washing and cleaning.

:love:

Pays to read the whole post before jumping to conclusions as to what you were up to in the shower... :blush:
Beeker
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby Jaims on Thu 15/May/08 1:32pm

Thanks for bringing the tone back again. With all those pictures of bikes I was beginning to this this thread had gone a bit off-topic ;-)
Jaims
"Helping prop up the 11% unemployment stats since ages ago"
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Postby OliverBendix on Thu 15/May/08 2:57pm

grumble grumble... I bought a pair of sunglasses with replaceable lenses at lunchtime, good range of darkness including clear, nice clear peripheral vision because they are frameless, but now I discover that three of the four lenses fit loose in the frame. I can see myself reaching up to take the glasses off and losing a lens altogether.

Fortunately, I bought them from my friendly LBS and I'm sure they'll refund or exchange them for me.
OliverBendix
"Punter"
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby Joel on Thu 15/May/08 3:03pm

OliverBendix wrote: grumble grumble... I bought a pair of sunglasses with replaceable lenses at lunchtime, good range of darkness including clear, nice clear peripheral vision because they are frameless, but now I discover that three of the four lenses fit loose in the frame. I can see myself reaching up to take the glasses off and losing a lens altogether.

Fortunately, I bought them from my friendly LBS and I'm sure they'll refund or exchange them for me.

for road i have some of those light sensitive type lens sunglasses.. work well (not Blue Blockers tm) so no hassle with multiple lens.
Joel
"Style over speed"
Member for: 18 years 9 months

Postby OliverBendix on Thu 15/May/08 3:08pm

Yeah, I saw those and they appeal too.
OliverBendix
"Punter"
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Cycling | Road Cycling - Latest Posts