See the scenario in the first post - how long would it take?

1 week
5%
1 month
No votes
3 months
7%
6 months
19%
1 year
14%
2 years
2%
3 years
7%
5 years
19%
10 years
14%
20 years
5%
50 years
7%
Never!
No votes

Total voters : 42

Re: The Redistribution Of Wealth Poll

Postby Simonk on Tue 24/Mar/09 6:34pm

When you start to hear voices telling you to, go for it!
Simonk
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby Kazmeistyr on Tue 24/Mar/09 7:46pm

Hmmm, instantly, the most populous countries will be the wealthiest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_population

Have a squiz at the 16 most populous countries.

Africa for the win. Europe get the shaft.

Now, I imagine that in the most populous countries, the wealth is probably more like 99% of wealth belongs to 1% of the population. So, in doing this, the wealth would then end up in even fewer hands, and there would be far more poorer worldwide.

To make matters even more disturbing, is that the most populous countries pump out spawn at horrific rates. I wonder what would happen to the world population if they thought they could feed more and pay for medicine? It would grow even faster, raping the planet faster and faster. The density of the population would be even more dense in a small part of the world, causing a weight imbalance, that would disturb the axis, cause a wobble and big earthquakes would rip the planet apart. With global warming reaching an astronomical high, and the decimation of the human populous, reptiles will again rule the earth and what small populations of humans left will have to compete with a Alien/Predator/Tyrannasaurus Rex/Jeannette Fitzsimons hybrid for tea.
Kazmeistyr
"has the power of Greyskull"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby happybaboon on Tue 24/Mar/09 7:51pm

Ok, so seems like it's not a great idea to redistribute ALL the wealth... But surely we could redistribute some of it? There simply must be a solution where the richies can no longer afford 100-inch plasmas in the backs of their stretch Hummers AND where the poories can afford to have water, food, medical care and education...
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby Joel on Tue 24/Mar/09 7:56pm

happybaboon wrote:Ok, so seems like it's not a great idea to redistribute ALL the wealth... But surely we could redistribute some of it? There simply must be a solution where the richies can no longer afford 100-inch plasmas in the backs of their stretch Hummers AND where the poories can afford to have water, food, medical care and education...

yes, give the money to me. You can trust me, i will look after the poor, i have good judgement :sly:
Joel
"Style over speed"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Tue 24/Mar/09 8:02pm

happybaboon wrote:Ok, so seems like it's not a great idea to redistribute ALL the wealth... But surely we could redistribute some of it? There simply must be a solution where the richies can no longer afford 100-inch plasmas in the backs of their stretch Hummers AND where the poories can afford to have water, food, medical care and education...

That's called progressive taxation. But it gives you AIDS. :(
E Dogg Capizzle
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby Kazmeistyr on Tue 24/Mar/09 8:11pm

Simple really.

1. Pick one day of the year, where every single person on earth that earns moolah is taxed $1.
2. Give money to Durex to lift production of condoms and send them to the poories.
3. Banish Catholicism.

All the poories ever wanted was to be able to have a simple life. I doubt very much whether Bob Malooga-looga in Niger gives a shit that some talentless git that is named after some kind of foreign currency drives around in a Hummer with 24 inch spinners and has a harem of hoes. He has his donkey and his 9 wives. He just wants to bang his little heart out like every other male in the universe. The only real difference is that 50 cent is either sterile from blowing his cash on drugs, or he has contraception on tap. Bob is buggered because his irrepressable instinct to sow his seed keeps resulting in another mouth to feed. He doesn't need or want money, he wants to be able to root without consequence.
Kazmeistyr
"has the power of Greyskull"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby j2hyde on Tue 24/Mar/09 8:45pm

Sounds gay. I'm off to get a hummer on credit before they go out of business. When the debit collectors come trying to get it back I'll just write up some bonds, whip up a few buck on the photocopier to buy my own bonds and then roll the loan over using the bonds as collateral. :)
j2hyde
"I'm not for that. I'm for the ladies."
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby hickie on Tue 24/Mar/09 9:30pm

Personally if $26,000 is all we're talking about, I'd be investing in guns to get the rest of my original share back from those lowlife buggers :satan:
hickie
"I've got a singletrack mind..."
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Postby specializedman on Tue 24/Mar/09 9:46pm

With $26,000 I would get a couple of new bikes then go riding and not annoy anyone and not get shot by you gun toting maniacs.
specializedman
"I am a very biking boy."
Member for: 9 years 11 months

Economy | Sifting - Latest Posts