64%
Now I think Robin killed his family
26%

Total voters : 58

Re: The Post Bain Trial Poll

Postby Wobbler on Fri 5/Jun/09 9:17pm

happybaboon wrote:
DropKick wrote:I wonder if he actually did it :eh:

quite cool thinking its one of the mysteries of life that he'll be the only one to truly know

I guess people have to accept that no one, aside from David Bain, will ever know for sure. But he's been found not guilty, and personally I think that's the right decision. To me it never made sense that a nice, sane guy with no motive (or at least far less of a motive than the other suspect) would murder his entire family.

you mean someone who plans an alibi for raping a jogger involving doing his paper run faster than normal :o
Wobbler
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby happybaboon on Fri 5/Jun/09 9:19pm

Wobbler wrote:
happybaboon wrote:
DropKick wrote:I wonder if he actually did it :eh:

quite cool thinking its one of the mysteries of life that he'll be the only one to truly know

I guess people have to accept that no one, aside from David Bain, will ever know for sure. But he's been found not guilty, and personally I think that's the right decision. To me it never made sense that a nice, sane guy with no motive (or at least far less of a motive than the other suspect) would murder his entire family.

you mean someone who plans an alibi for raping a jogger involving doing his paper run faster than normal :o

According to one guy whom David Bain may have had a falling out with who came forward 14 years after the crimes, and whos evidence the trial judge deemed inadmissable?
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby ShoreBoy on Sat 6/Jun/09 9:08pm

Where's the "I've always thought he did it and this trial hasn't changed my opinion at all" option?
I agree that he hasn't been proven innocent, just not guilty.
However, the system has spoken, and that's fair enough I guess.
ShoreBoy
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby bugle on Sat 6/Jun/09 9:52pm

I still wonder why the cops or certain cops at least were so 'passionate'
bugle
"Bah, who hasn't killed the neighbour and rooted their corpse after one too many cab savs?"
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby happybaboon on Sat 6/Jun/09 9:56pm

Trials in NZ don't offer the option of a verdict of "innocent". Presumably thats because of that whole bill of rights clause that says we've all got the right to be presumed innocent of a crime until proven guilty. David Bain hasn't been proven guilty. I think that means that everyone needs to respect his status as a man who is innocent of the crimes he was tried for.
happybaboon

Postby Wobbler on Sat 6/Jun/09 9:58pm

happybaboon wrote:Trials in NZ don't offer the option of a verdict of "innocent". Presumably thats because of that whole bill of rights clause that says we've all got the right to be presumed innocent of a crime until proven guilty. David Bain hasn't been proven guilty. I think that means that everyone needs to respect his status as a man who is innocent of the crimes he was tried for.

Needs best of 3 for sure, we have one each way so far
Wobbler

Postby avantibill on Sat 6/Jun/09 10:03pm

I guess that the Karam household is still alive and well gives David some brownie points that he maybe innocent.
avantibill
"Dunedin - It's highly rated!"

Postby Wobbler on Sat 6/Jun/09 10:04pm

wait till he starts his paper round
Wobbler

Postby philstar on Mon 8/Jun/09 10:10am

faux_name wrote: which is that the evidence has not proven him guilty, but it's not all adding up either.

2nded

as for Jo knowing Bain, he claimed he brought some preserves from Bain supporters and there furore convinced to look into it more.
philstar
"misanthropic"
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby 1scotty1 on Mon 8/Jun/09 3:23pm

If every high profile murderer had a person like Karam take up the cause it makes you wonder how many of them would also get off. People such as Barlow from Wgtn and the sounds guy who murdered the two on his boat. There are things that dont add up in both those cases as well. Barlows case is currently with the privy council and there are gaps in the evidence from the Sounds trial.
1scotty1
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Mon 8/Jun/09 3:30pm

Wobbler wrote:
happybaboon wrote:Trials in NZ don't offer the option of a verdict of "innocent". Presumably thats because of that whole bill of rights clause that says we've all got the right to be presumed innocent of a crime until proven guilty. David Bain hasn't been proven guilty. I think that means that everyone needs to respect his status as a man who is innocent of the crimes he was tried for.

Needs best of 3 for sure, we have one each way so far

hasnt it already been best of, l;ike, five?
Henry Dorset Case
"[b]DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT?[/b]"
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby pedalingkiwi on Mon 8/Jun/09 6:49pm

DropKick wrote:Yea obviously, but I mean how did some former all black living up north know some weirdo teenager down south?
Did they know each other? or why did Joe Karam care so much about some guy he'd never met?

It's probably explained in one of Joe's books, but from my memory he thought the whole thing was fishy / hard to believe so Karam flew himself to Chch, visited David in prison (they had never met before) and became convinced that David - "as nice and normal a young man as you would ever meet" - couldn't possibly have killed his family - the rest, as they say, is history.....
pedalingkiwi
Member for: 11 years 6 months

Postby Willey_Coyote on Wed 10/Jun/09 10:42am

What ever David did, Karam and his son sure got paid

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/2486812/Karam-gets-330-000-in-legal-aid
Willey_Coyote
Member for: 9 years 6 months

Postby happybaboon on Wed 10/Jun/09 11:28am

Attention Bain innocence doubters: D Bizzle can to sue your asses :) http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/2 ... ld-be-sued
happybaboon

Postby j2hyde on Wed 10/Jun/09 11:38am

Bain is guilty and the system is fucked.
j2hyde
"I'm not for that. I'm for the ladies."
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Crime | Sifting - Latest Posts