Re: The Pie Thread

Postby mudlover/hater on Mon 17/Nov/14 7:29pm

For karori, the dairy on the corner of Tringham st has bacon and egg irvines pies AND more Mobil-esque steak and cheese etc.

Win win!
mudlover/hater
"Hoh. Hoh. Hoh. Now I haf.. a machine gun."
Member for: 8 years 5 months

Postby Tugboat on Mon 17/Nov/14 10:22pm

I've quite a liking for roast chicken pies from Nada bakery in the J'ville ghetto.

And mountain trips always involve a stop at Johnny Nation's dairy in Ohakune for a mince and cheese with one of his famous eclairs as a chaser.
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Postby Slapheid on Mon 17/Nov/14 11:58pm

Darfield pie shop is worth a look.

If you ever find yourself in the NW of Scotland, you could do yourself a favour and visit the Lochinver Larder
My wife once got me a dozen of their pies delivered for my B'Day :love: (we were in Inverness at the time, not sure how they would handle the flight to NZ)
Slapheid
"Good things come to those who gate."
Member for: 8 years 8 months

Postby dwgknz on Tue 18/Nov/14 6:28am

Slapheid wrote:Darfield pie shop is worth a look.

If you ever find yourself in the NW of Scotland, you could do yourself a favour and visit the Lochinver Larder
My wife once got me a dozen of their pies delivered for my B'Day :love: (we were in Inverness at the time, not sure how they would handle the flight to NZ)

I spent a couple of years flying into Inverness to visit a call centre in Dingwall that was part of a contract I was managing. Pie tips at that time would have been helpful, curry seemed to be prevalent choice at Dingwall.

Memories include a lot of fast jet noise, it seemingly never getting dark, long nights of scotch and a work mate that no matter how much scotch was drunk the night before having kippers for breakfast.

I'm not planning to revisit.
dwgknz
Member for: 5 years 8 months

Postby Scotty on Tue 18/Nov/14 7:35am

wachtourak wrote:Fuck yeah pies

Preach brother!
Scotty
Member for: 16 years 8 months

Postby Fraser on Tue 18/Nov/14 7:49am

This was how the Michelin Guide started. The place that serves good food in town. One that was worth a detour and one that would be worth a special journey.
This is more a meat pie based guide..

Fraser
Member for: 16 years 10 months

Food | Sifting - Latest Posts