Postby downwego on Mon 17/Sep/07 5:20pm

sticky99 wrote: She wont ever ride it again cause the M6 is here now and that bike is to flash to ride she rekons.

so will it be up for sale?
downwego
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby sticky99 on Mon 17/Sep/07 5:36pm

Well considering Ness is somewhere between Slovenia and Zurich right now I cant really offer it for sale. She loved it so much she wouldnt ride it! However if someone came along and offered close to what it is worth then im sure she would consider it!
sticky99
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby downwego on Mon 17/Sep/07 5:38pm

and it's worth how much
downwego
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby XTC1 on Mon 17/Sep/07 5:39pm

Lots and lots.
XTC1
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Postby NzO on Mon 17/Sep/07 5:45pm

Yea, slightly more than I could afford at the moment...
NzO
Member for: 14 years 0 months

Postby sticky99 on Mon 17/Sep/07 5:50pm

OK lets be realistic here. It is worth between 17.5-20k. But that is because everything is factory, Frame, suspension, crank, then every thing else is highly modified. But weather someone is willing to pay that is another story....[/b]
sticky99

Postby Rooney on Mon 17/Sep/07 6:09pm

sticky99 wrote: OK lets be realistic here. It is worth between 17.5-20k. But that is because everything is factory, Frame, suspension, crank, then every thing else is highly modified. But weather someone is willing to pay that is another story....[/b]

realistic? haha. Maybe if it was made of gold...
Rooney

Postby sticky99 on Mon 17/Sep/07 6:16pm

Gold plating it would only make it heavier! Shows you what you know haha.
sticky99

Postby XTC1 on Mon 17/Sep/07 6:16pm

sticky99 wrote: Gold plating it would only make it heavier! Shows you what you know haha.
:lol: Well said.
XTC1

Postby tives on Mon 17/Sep/07 6:18pm

17.5k ??? 8k would be a realistic price, it might be worth alot more but i doubt anyone would pay more than that.
tives
Member for: 12 years 3 months

Postby Robbie on Mon 17/Sep/07 6:20pm

Well a bike like that is a collector's item, so normal market price would not apply.
Robbie
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Postby ryguy on Mon 17/Sep/07 6:22pm

robbieracer wrote: Well a bike like that is a collector's item, so normal market price would not apply.

Correct, because unlike any other blinged out DH bike, you can't buy one anywhere else.
ryguy
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Postby Rooney on Mon 17/Sep/07 6:32pm

ryguy wrote:
robbieracer wrote: Well a bike like that is a collector's item, so normal market price would not apply.

Correct, because unlike any other blinged out DH bike, you can't buy one anywhere else.

Yes you can. Chris kovariks old Intense m3 ( Pretty much identical to this except red) is for sale on Farkin.net for 6500. 17.5k is rediculous. Bloody sick bike tho! :thumbsup:
Rooney

Postby Monolith on Mon 17/Sep/07 6:36pm

sticky99 wrote: Not really mine but the belongs to my girlfriend vanessa. Intense M6 Probably the coolest part of the bike is that it doesnt have a serial number but her name stamped into it. Acutally she has 3 bikes like that.

My favourtie bike was the M3 I built for her for the worlds last year. Man that was a trick bit of gear. Hand made light weight M3 frame. Heaps lighter than production. Different bb from standard. Custom baby blue manitous, we had the saint crank machined, fitted with a carbon fibre MRP, light weight wheels etc. Lightened pedals, hand made pieces all over it. We even got one of steve peats old lightened CNCed front sprockets.That bike till this day is the best pedalling M3 on the planet. Without talking it up to much that was the goal to make that thing pedal like a xc bike cause she had been injured and found pedalling hurt her wrist. It helps cause she is so light that weight can be stripped out of it quite aggressively. When we put it on the scale it was 4 kilos lighter than her M3 she had raced at the world cups and we thought they were light! It is only 2 races old. She wont ever ride it again cause the M6 is here now and that bike is to flash to ride she rekons.

FAP FAP FAP

:paranoid:
Monolith
"Look! I still walk away"
Member for: 13 years 10 months

Postby Monolith on Mon 17/Sep/07 6:40pm

Rooney wrote:
sticky99 wrote: OK lets be realistic here. It is worth between 17.5-20k. But that is because everything is factory, Frame, suspension, crank, then every thing else is highly modified. But weather someone is willing to pay that is another story....[/b]

realistic? haha. Maybe if it was made of gold...

With so many one-off parts (inc the frame....) it's not difficult to imagine it's value is about $20K - My run of the mill 6.6 with no custom parts at all and nothing overly bling is insured simply at retail value - and is still over $13K. ;)

That's not to say someone will pay $13K for it - that's something different all together. If I was to sell I'd be looking around half that or less, same with most bikes.
Monolith
"Look! I still walk away"
Member for: 13 years 10 months

Cycling | Mountain Biking | Post Your Bike - Latest Posts