Postby Robbie on Fri 14/Sep/07 3:06pm

odd. I mean, my bikes get muddy, but that is extreeeem.
Robbie
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Postby Spokes on Fri 14/Sep/07 3:23pm

robbieracer wrote:
Spokes wrote: I would love an M1.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Sports/Cycling ... 34.htm?p=2

:eh:

That must be a latter one with it being horst link. Its not bad apart from the colour!!

If you bought and stripped the parts off, sold them it could be a cheap frame.

I have a lot of the bits to build a dh bike up.

Not sure if I could live with the green though.
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 13 years 10 months

Postby KoNa_dHer on Fri 14/Sep/07 6:17pm

robbieracer wrote: I owned an M3 for a while, bought off Tradme.

It is now happily living in Christchurch. :)

Man that M3's nice. My friends cousin owns it now, has some 888 world cups on it now.

And that 6.6 SS looks awesome! Would go so mint with my setup, if only (lots of) money grew on trees.. :satan:
KoNa_dHer
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby pushbikerider on Fri 14/Sep/07 7:46pm

herbman wrote: my three, i no longer have the wee red slx as it is now living with its new owner in greymouth,

old ones but still out there on the trails, all bikes have done a trip to canada with me. now i can't wait to get home again so i can get them back out on the home trails again

I still miss my old SLX :blush: :( , glad that you are enjoying though :thumbsup:
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 17 years 5 months

Postby Monolith on Fri 14/Sep/07 8:39pm

Still on the hunt for a suitable rear coil shock to replace the DHXair...

Only seen one other 6.6 with the Travis forks - they are noticably taller than the AM1s I was running, but feel 10 times better :thumbsup:

Not really a "trail" bike as it is, although it's around the 33 pound mark - was a bee's dick over 31 with the AM1s, but IMO it's just a number - still climbs very well considering, and the grin on my dial is even larger on the way down now :D
6.6porch1.jpg
6.6makara3.jpg
Monolith
"Look! I still walk away"

Postby NZCoyote on Sat 15/Sep/07 5:53pm

Here's an update, new wheels for my baby....

Dt Swiss 5.1 rims laced with DT Double Buttes Spokes to Hope Pro II hubs. Currently QR in the front with a 10mm through axle in the back.

Any thoughts on which 20mm front forks I should be on the look out for to replace the Marz AM2's I currently have on there?
DSC01373.JPG
NZCoyote

Postby Robbie on Sat 15/Sep/07 5:55pm

NOICE!!

I am super happy with my Pace forks, the coil fork's weight is the same as Fox 32 Talas, and they can be adjusted to be 14mm higher, which is nice..

They are available in 20mm thru axle too.

Here is my wee beastie before today's ride.. :thumbsup:
55sep15 07.jpg
Robbie

Postby Monolith on Sat 15/Sep/07 6:09pm

NZCoyote wrote: Here's an update, new wheels for my baby....

Dt Swiss 5.1 rims laced with DT Double Buttes Spokes to Hope Pro II hubs. Currently QR in the front with a 10mm through axle in the back.

Any thoughts on which 20mm front forks I should be on the look out for to replace the Marz AM2's I currently have on there?

What kind of riding are you doing? I was using AM1s on the 6.6 for a while, and they were very good for general trail riding. :thumbsup:
Monolith

Postby Robbie on Sat 15/Sep/07 6:13pm

MM

my silver missile..superply plush and incredibly well balanced, rave rave rave.
socomsube3.jpg
socom1bc.jpg
Robbie

Postby Monolith on Sat 15/Sep/07 6:14pm

robbieracer wrote: MM

my silver missile..superply plush and incredibly well balanced, rave rave rave.

Ermm....

that's green by my reckoning ;)

edit: didn't see the second piccy :blush: :p
Monolith

Postby NZCoyote on Sat 15/Sep/07 6:26pm

Monolith wrote: What kind of riding are you doing? I was using AM1s on the 6.6 for a while, and they were very good for general trail riding. :thumbsup:

Pretty much that, general trail riding, as much up as down (or should that read earning my downhills by riding up them...)

Have been looking at Pikes, the Pace RC40's look the business but at $1600... Well may be a bit steep at the moment! Thought about Fox however the 36 is a bit long for me, and it would be good if the 32's came with a 20mm axle.

Anyway I'll continue looking, get my ducks in a row and pick up something before summer hits with a vengance.
NZCoyote

Postby dirtmonkey on Sat 15/Sep/07 6:58pm

My '06 M3 before it saw the dirt
m3.JPG
dirtmonkey
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Postby beekes on Sat 15/Sep/07 7:03pm

that looks mean
beekes
Member for: 12 years 11 months

Postby Monolith on Sat 15/Sep/07 7:32pm

NZCoyote wrote:
Monolith wrote: What kind of riding are you doing? I was using AM1s on the 6.6 for a while, and they were very good for general trail riding. :thumbsup:

Pretty much that, general trail riding, as much up as down (or should that read earning my downhills by riding up them...)

Have been looking at Pikes, the Pace RC40's look the business but at $1600... Well may be a bit steep at the moment! Thought about Fox however the 36 is a bit long for me, and it would be good if the 32's came with a 20mm axle.

Anyway I'll continue looking, get my ducks in a row and pick up something before summer hits with a vengance.

If you're after something with a bit more travel and alot more adjustability, the Marzo AM1 might be just the ticket - about 100g heavier than 06 36 TALAS, but more travel and more adjustments :thumbsup:
Monolith

Postby herbman on Sun 16/Sep/07 5:15pm

pushbikerider wrote:
herbman wrote: my three, i no longer have the wee red slx as it is now living with its new owner in greymouth,

old ones but still out there on the trails, all bikes have done a trip to canada with me. now i can't wait to get home again so i can get them back out on the home trails again

I still miss my old SLX :blush: :( , glad that you are enjoying though :thumbsup:

don't worry its gone to a good home. new bearings for it when i get home and maybe a new coat of paint to, maybe
herbman
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Cycling | Mountain Biking | Post Your Bike - Latest Posts