Postby Oli on Thu 3/Jul/08 10:23pm

He could have mentioned his sexy advertising bitch...
Oli
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby Gracie on Thu 3/Jul/08 10:31pm

Oli wrote: He could have mentioned his sexy advertising bitch...

Are you saying that he's not giving us the full story?? Something sordid in his past .... :0
Gracie
Member for: 8 years 6 months

Postby Dilated on Thu 3/Jul/08 10:33pm

happybaboon wrote: Far easier for him to simply continue emailing the Vorb newsletter to the unwashed masses...

Hmmm this is true... but surely a large opt-in mailing list is not going far enough to combat the worlds ills... perhaps the Holy-Word-Of-Vorb-Spam-Cannon counter measures need to be deployed.... give Scott Richter a call, I'm sure he could enlighten 100 million people a day or so :D

Mailboxes the world over filling up with...

"N33d enl1ghthehment in the bedr00m? Get the w0rd of Tama now. ONline pharm and knowleddge"
Dilated
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Postby OTB on Thu 3/Jul/08 10:35pm

Long time reader, first time writer . . . Nice one bro!
OTB
Member for: 6 years 3 months

Postby radical_edward on Thu 3/Jul/08 10:55pm

The magic thing about Vorb is that it is a virtual embodiment of an actual community. Most 'online' communities and social networks exist regardless of the technology.

Although Vorb has long had the critical mass so that anybody in NZ who googles a cycling related topic gets a vorb link on the first page, it was a very much a functioning community long before that.

Folks who spend a ferrit stuffed full of cash and just expect a userbase to come along always (I hope) get their just desserts.

The fact that the Cycling community is a little tough to package up and sell to the man has its good and bad points. I think that Vorb has progressed at just the right pace to be something pretty unique in online communities.

Cheers to Tama!
radical_edward
"Fast-casual."
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Postby musket on Thu 3/Jul/08 10:57pm

radical_edward wrote: The magic thing about Vorb is that it is a virtual embodiment of an actual community. Most 'online' communities and social networks exist regardless of the technology.

Although Vorb has long had the critical mass so that anybody in NZ who googles a cycling related topic gets a vorb link on the first page, it was a very much a functioning community long before that.

Folks who spend a ferrit stuffed full of cash and just expect a userbase to come along always (I hope) get their just desserts.

The fact that the Cycling community is a little tough to package up and sell to the man has its good and bad points. I think that Vorb has progressed at just the right pace to be something pretty unique in online communities.

Cheers to Tama!

Ditto! We're so proud of you Tama!
musket
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby happybaboon on Thu 3/Jul/08 10:58pm

radical_edward wrote:Folks who spend a ferrit stuffed full of cash and just expect a userbase to come along always (I hope) get their just desserts.

Heh heh heh :D
happybaboon
User avatarMedal
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby Mr_Bob on Thu 3/Jul/08 11:15pm

Tama, what You've done for mountain biking on the web in my opinion is the best thing since oil dampened suspension. :thumbsup:
Last edited by Mr_Bob on Thu 3/Jul/08 11:32pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr_Bob
"Pedal!"
Member for: 9 years 6 months

Postby musket on Thu 3/Jul/08 11:19pm

It's certainly gotten more hands oily, allowed as many people to bounce up and down.
musket

Postby Oli on Thu 3/Jul/08 11:24pm

:D

I can't even think of a better website in comparison to oil dampened suspension!
Oli
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby Dazzle on Thu 3/Jul/08 11:35pm

Sucks up lots of money, needs regular maintenance, and will be out of date inside two years?

*edit*

Oli, I seriously question your idea of 'sexy'.
Last edited by Dazzle on Thu 3/Jul/08 11:40pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dazzle
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby musket on Thu 3/Jul/08 11:36pm

You're right, I don't need a girlfriend.
musket

Postby Tama on Fri 4/Jul/08 8:10am

Shucks :love: :blush:

But remember what I said - if you guys didn't visit/ post Vorb wouldn't exist :)
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 12 years 9 months

Postby Bigfoot on Fri 4/Jul/08 8:14am

Thats the only reason I post so much.
Bigfoot
"We are the Village Green Preservation Society"
Member for: 11 years 3 months

Postby Tama on Fri 4/Jul/08 8:17am

Bigfoot wrote: Thats the only reason I post so much.
Oh, I thought it was just a symptom of your obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 12 years 9 months

Sifting | Vorb - Latest Posts